- The pilgrim enters the state of Ihram at one of the five Miqats (entry points), putting on the Ihtam garment and expressing the intention to perform Hajj.
- Perform the Welcome Tawaf (Tawaf al Qudum).
- Perform Sa'y (passing seven times between the hillocks of Safa and Marwah).
Go to Mina.
(8th of Dhu'l-Hijjah to 9th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- In Mina, perfrom five prayers starting with the noon (dhur) prayer and ending with dawn (fajr) on the day of Arafat.
- You may also collect some of the seventy small pebbles you will need for the "stoning" ceremony (ramy).
(9th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- When you reach Arafat, devote as much of your time as possible to prayer.
From the afternoon on wards, perform Wuquf at Arafah.
- Go outside your tent, and face towards the Qibla (Holy City of Makkah) and pray to Allah with all your heart.
- When the sun has set, leave Arafat for Muzdalifah.
(9th to 10th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- Your stay in Muzdalifah will be under the open sky.
Here you will offer the evening prayer (Maghreb) and stay over night.
- Collect the pebbles you will need for the "stoning" ceremony (ramy). You may have already collected some pebbles in Mina.
- At dawn, offer Fajr prayers.
- Then, before the sun has risen, set off for Mina.
(10th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- Perform the stoning (ramy).
- After the stoning of the pillars of temptation (signifying the temptations of Satan), a sacrifice is required if you are performing Hajj al-Qiran or Hajj al-Tamattu'. A sacrifice is recommended, although not required, for Hajj al-ifrad.
- Now leave the state of ihram. Most prohibitions are ended.
- Proceed to al Masjid al Haram in Makkah to perform Tawaf al-ifadha.
(10th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- Perform the Hajj Tawaf (Tawaf al-Ifadha). Circumambulate the Kaaba seven times and then offer prayers (Rakaat) befind Maqam Ibrahim.
- Then perform Sa'y between Safa and Marwah.
- Drink from the well of Zamzam.
- As soon as you have completed the Hajj Tawaf (Tawaf al-Ifadha) the state of Ihram is completely ended.
- Return to Mina.
Day Four to Six
(10th to 13th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- Stay at Mina for two or three days.
- At Mina, you will stone the tree pillars in a set order, performing ramy al-uula, ramy al-wusta and ramy al-kubra. To avoid over-crowding, the stoning must be performed according to predetermined schedules.
- You may return to al Masjid al Haram to perfrom the Farewell Tawaf.
(12th to 13th of Dhu'l-Hijjah)
- Perform the Farewell Tawaf;
This Tawaf marks the end of your Hajj.
- Spend whatever time you can within the precincts of al Masjid al Haram. Make your prayers and devotions as you wish.
- Your Hajj completed, you should leave Makkah promptly for your next destination.