should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Politics
Forum Name: Current Events
Forum Description: Current Events
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=406
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 7:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?
Posted By: -ArabianKnight-
Subject: should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?
Date Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:24pm

It doesnt matter - what the Pope did for Muslims.. if he did anything at all- I cant recall at this moment.

But the Pope a Catholic - Person of the Book, was a better man than most. He fought for things we[muslims] believe in also - no?... Against Abortion etc.. Against communism... and pure capitalism. Faith in One God... all the Good Stuff?

So what if the western media didnt give coverage to a Muslim Scholar who died.. why would they? - Why would it concern them.. thats meaningless.. This isnt some childish birthday party - where you give an expensive gift only to expect one in return when its your birthday.
We'll get our chance... when a Great Muslim Dies...  

I've read and studied alot of his philosophy - SO what, if he was a Christian... a Sister Faith of Islam no less? He did good work in the world, with the power and that God had blessed him with...  so why not praise him?

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Replies:
Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:41pm

Assalamu alaikum,

He fought against, and helped bring down, the atheists who ruled Eastern Europe. He was our ally against disbelief.

-------------
Yusuf

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:50pm

wa'alaikumu salaam, Yusuf,

you may want to take heed:

"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is one of them. Indeed Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people." (Ma'idah 5:51)

MOCKBA

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

wa'alaikumu salaam, Yusuf,

you may want to take heed:

"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is one of them. Indeed Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people." (Ma'idah 5:51)

MOCKBA

walaikum assalam akhi,

yes, and that's one of my favorite verses. however, when you have a greater enemy, i.e. the people of unbelief, they should be dealt with first Insha'Allah. I meant ally only in the sense that he fought this greater enemy. I wouldn't "take" him as an ally, but as long as he fought this enemy he was a de facto ally.

I hope I explained this well enough; I'm really beginning to feel I can never say what I want to properly anymore.

By the way, I'll be back in Rossiia in June. Might take a little trip to Cherkessk. are the rails safe?

-------------
Yusuf

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

are the rails safe?

Yes.. Yusuf, the Rails are Safe... the Communists Fled 15 years ago...

partially thanks to the POPE! hahaaha.. yep.. my post is still relevent to the thread!

But oh.. you were asking MOCKBA ... darn - where ARE my MAnnERS?!

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

are the rails safe?

Yes.. Yusuf, the Rails are Safe... the Communists Fled 15 years ago...

partially thanks to the POPE! hahaaha.. yep.. my post is still relevent to the thread!

But oh.. you were asking MOCKBA ... darn - where ARE my MAnnERS?!

assalamu alaikum,

actually, akhi, because of the trouble in chechnya, one of the lines i would need to take was bombed a couple years back. cherkessk is in a rather unsettled area of the north caucasus. since moskva lives in moscow, i figured he would have recent info Insha'Allah.

and yes, you silly, where are your manners? you'd best brush up:

http://www.emilypost.com/ - http://www.emilypost.com/

but otherwise you're right, i travel by rail all over russia and it's fine.

-------------
Yusuf

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

This quote should be realized by all on this board.  One person said that if two people have the same enemy they should come together to fight, even if the two people fighting against the one is an enemy to each other.  I believe this is wrong because the Quran does not say that.  You can easily see what the Quran says.  Allah's words are not to be messed with and added on to.  The pope is one of the biggest enemies of Muslims and Islam in just about everything including religion, morals, politics. 

The pope is going to hell.  He is a christian worshipping Esa (jesus).  Muslims need to come together if we need to fight an enemy, not side with a different enemy.

Posted By: fezziwig
Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:45pm

He fought against, and helped bring down, the atheists who ruled Eastern Europe. He was our ally against disbelief.

Why is an atheist worse than someone who believes in the wrong god?

F

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:50pm

Taking sides of convenience or fighting by proxy will never make you strong or even help you achieve your goals. This might be the teaching found in machiavelli writings or the zions' protocols but not in the Qur'aan. Our message is simple, clear, firm and without hidden intentions.

MOCKBA  

Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 5:54am
Offhand, it would seem to me that a muslim would be more inclined to ally with an atheist, who is neutral about gods, rather than an infidel who believes in a opposition god.

F

Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:22am
Thats the point fezziwig.. They DOnt believe in an "Opposite God" (Christianity and Judaism)... Some would argue against me - but they can go suck a lemon...

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 9:53am
Are you saying that the god of catholicism is compatible in some way with allah? Are there some qualities of the two gods shared in common that legitimize muslims embracing catholics against atheists? and are those bonds stronger than the differences between catholic god and allah that put muslims and catholics in opposition?

Then this alliance of catholic and muslim would have to be an act of judgement which I have not seen discussed anywhere. In principle, at least, such a judgement could go the other way, i.e., align muslim and atheist against catholic.

It seems to me that a foreign god may be a greater threat than no god.

F

Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by fezziwig fezziwig wrote:

Are you saying that the god of catholicism is compatible in some way with allah? Are there some qualities of the two gods shared in common that legitimize muslims embracing catholics against atheists? and are those bonds stronger than the differences between catholic god and allah that put muslims and catholics in opposition?

Then this alliance of catholic and muslim would have to be an act of judgement which I have not seen discussed anywhere. In principle, at least, such a judgement could go the other way, i.e., align muslim and atheist against catholic.

It seems to me that a foreign god may be a greater threat than no god.

F

Yes Fezziwig I'm saying exactly that.. That the GOD in Catholicism is the same GOD in Islam..

We can go find a convoluted conclusion to satisfy your suppoused claim.. that The God in Catholism is diffrent than the God in Islam.. Pointing to differing attributes here... diffrent way of doing things there.. but in the end of the day.. its the SAME GOD that sent to us - JESUS.. the same GOD that Abraham Worshipped - and the Same God that created the universe..

There cant be 2 gods(one for Islam.. and one for Catholicism) that created the same Universe...

this isnt the american Civil war where Multiple Generals claim to have given the same order to Charge..

It doesnt matter by what name you call God.. I can call him GOD - I can call him Dios.. I can call him Allah. Hey.. I can even call him Yahweh ... or Make UP my OWN language - and then Make up a word for God.. and call him That!..  IT doesnt matter - it doesnt change who or what he Is. You can use God and Allah.. or what not -Interchangably.. I have no idea wehre i'm going with this.. but

if you Worship the God of Abraham.. which both Catholics and Muslims do.. then You are Worshipping the Same God... The One True God. <--- Wow I could have just said that and stoped.. but hmm oh well..

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 09 April 2005 at 11:21am

I believe you what you say is true, ArabianKnight.  I am Catholic, and our priests, and even Pope John II, taught that we worship the same God...the Son of Abraham.  We may have doctrinal and ritualistic differences, but we do worship the same God. 

I haven't posted here for a couple of years.  I needed a break, and had many things going on in my life.  Surgeries, illnesses, and deaths in our family, but I feel it's nice to be back.  And I really like your new website.  It's beautiful and quite user friendly

God's Peace,

Patty

Date Posted: 09 April 2005 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I believe you what you say is true, ArabianKnight.  I am Catholic, and our priests, and even Pope John II, taught that we worship the same God...the Son of Abraham.  We may have doctrinal and ritualistic differences, but we do worship the same God. 

OK, so it's muslims and christians against atheists. Now how about jews? Is it muslim and christians against jews, or is it muslims christians and jews against atheists?

F

Date Posted: 09 April 2005 at 7:08pm

Its muslims and christians and jews against evil doers of the world ... and everyone against Fezziwig..

Not everything has to be factionalized... or sides taken..

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Posted By: Ataturk_2005
Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 11:04am
Of course muslims should mourn with the rest of the world, simply by showing its respect towards other religion, especially to a man who reminds people not to turn away from God. After all Islam teaches us to respect other religions not confront them. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net