IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?
    Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:24pm

It doesnt matter - what the Pope did for Muslims.. if he did anything at all- I cant recall at this moment.

But the Pope a Catholic - Person of the Book, was a better man than most. He fought for things we[muslims] believe in also - no?... Against Abortion etc.. Against communism... and pure capitalism. Faith in One God... all the Good Stuff?

So what if the western media didnt give coverage to a Muslim Scholar who died.. why would they? - Why would it concern them.. thats meaningless.. This isnt some childish birthday party - where you give an expensive gift only to expect one in return when its your birthday.
We'll get our chance... when a Great Muslim Dies...  

I've read and studied alot of his philosophy - SO what, if he was a Christian... a Sister Faith of Islam no less? He did good work in the world, with the power and that God had blessed him with...  so why not praise him?

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:41pm

Assalamu alaikum,

He fought against, and helped bring down, the atheists who ruled Eastern Europe. He was our ally against disbelief.

Yusuf
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:50pm

wa'alaikumu salaam, Yusuf,

you may want to take heed:

"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is one of them. Indeed Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people." (Ma'idah 5:51)

MOCKBA

Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

wa'alaikumu salaam, Yusuf,

you may want to take heed:

"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is one of them. Indeed Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people." (Ma'idah 5:51)

MOCKBA

walaikum assalam akhi,

yes, and that's one of my favorite verses. however, when you have a greater enemy, i.e. the people of unbelief, they should be dealt with first Insha'Allah. I meant ally only in the sense that he fought this greater enemy. I wouldn't "take" him as an ally, but as long as he fought this enemy he was a de facto ally.

I hope I explained this well enough; I'm really beginning to feel I can never say what I want to properly anymore.

By the way, I'll be back in Rossiia in June. Might take a little trip to Cherkessk. are the rails safe?

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

are the rails safe?

Yes.. Yusuf, the Rails are Safe... the Communists Fled 15 years ago...

partially thanks to the POPE! hahaaha.. yep.. my post is still relevent to the thread!

But oh.. you were asking MOCKBA ... darn - where ARE my MAnnERS?!

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

are the rails safe?

Yes.. Yusuf, the Rails are Safe... the Communists Fled 15 years ago...

partially thanks to the POPE! hahaaha.. yep.. my post is still relevent to the thread!

But oh.. you were asking MOCKBA ... darn - where ARE my MAnnERS?!

assalamu alaikum,

actually, akhi, because of the trouble in chechnya, one of the lines i would need to take was bombed a couple years back. cherkessk is in a rather unsettled area of the north caucasus. since moskva lives in moscow, i figured he would have recent info Insha'Allah.

and yes, you silly, where are your manners? you'd best brush up:

http://www.emilypost.com/

but otherwise you're right, i travel by rail all over russia and it's fine.

Yusuf
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

This quote should be realized by all on this board.  One person said that if two people have the same enemy they should come together to fight, even if the two people fighting against the one is an enemy to each other.  I believe this is wrong because the Quran does not say that.  You can easily see what the Quran says.  Allah's words are not to be messed with and added on to.  The pope is one of the biggest enemies of Muslims and Islam in just about everything including religion, morals, politics. 

The pope is going to hell.  He is a christian worshipping Esa (jesus).  Muslims need to come together if we need to fight an enemy, not side with a different enemy.

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:45pm

He fought against, and helped bring down, the atheists who ruled Eastern Europe. He was our ally against disbelief.

Why is an atheist worse than someone who believes in the wrong god?

F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic