URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10357
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 12:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hadith of the day
Posted By: peacemaker
Subject: Hadith of the day
Date Posted: 25 September 2007 at 4:23am

Assalamu Alaikum,

We can post here daily one Hadith. Let us not discuss in this thread. If you need to discuss any verse, please do so in another thread:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5779&PN=1&TPN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5779& ; ;PN=1&TPN=1

1. 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said on the minbar, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Actions are but judged according to intentions. Every man has what he intends. So whoever emigrates to gain something of this world or to marry a woman, his emigration is for that to which he emigrated.'"

Bukhari, Chapter 1: 1

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx - http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 25 September 2007 at 6:51pm

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?"

He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times."

I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"

He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents"

I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"

He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause."

'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me more."  (Book #10, Hadith #505) - Sahih Bukhari

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 26 September 2007 at 2:52am

As Salamu Alaikum

Narrated By 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The news of my daily fasting and praying every night throughout the night reached the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam). So he sent for me or I met him, and he said, "I have been informed that you fast everyday and pray every night (all the night). Fast (for some days) and give up fasting (for some days); pray and sleep, for your eyes have a right on you, and your body and your family (i.e. wife) have a right on you." I replied, "I have more power than that (fasting)." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Then fast like the fasts of (the Prophet) David". I said, "How?" He replied, "He used to fast on alternate days, and he used not to flee on meeting the enemy." I said, "From where can I get that chance?" ('Ata' said, "I do not know how the expression of fasting daily throughout the life occurred.") So, the Prophet said, twice, "Whoever fasts daily throughout his life is just as the one who does not fast at all." (Al-Bukhari Vol.3 No.198)

Wa alaikum Salam

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 26 September 2007 at 6:20pm

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." 

Sahih Bukahri (Book #2, Hadith #15)

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 27 September 2007 at 4:05am

Ibn 'Abbas related saying, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was the most generous of people, and he was even more generous in Ramadan when Jibril met him. He used to met him every night in Ramadan to go through the Qur'an with him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was more generous with good than the blowing wind."

Bukhari, Chapter 1:6

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx - http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

-------------

Date Posted: 27 September 2007 at 4:33am

As Salamu Alaikum

Narrated By Abu Huraira (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarrelling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting." (Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 No. 128)

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)

Date Posted: 27 September 2007 at 6:37pm

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?"

The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know

(Sahih Bukhari Book - 2, Hadith -11)

-------------

Date Posted: 28 September 2007 at 4:05am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I live in the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him, as he remembers Me And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in the assembly, better than he (does that), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And it he walks towards Me, I rush towards him. (Muslim book 35 No 6498)

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

-------------

Date Posted: 28 September 2007 at 6:05pm

Sahih Bukahri Book -5 , Hadith - 2242

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

Who has observed fast among you today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) replied:    It is I.

He (the Holy Prophet again) said: Who among you followed the bier today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) replied: It is I.

He (the Holy Prophet again) said: Who among you led a poor man today?

Abu Bakr (Allah he pleased with him) replied: It is I.

He (again) said: Who among you visited an invalid today?

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) said: It is I.

Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly, enter paradise. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 September 2007 at 3:50am

'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) reported Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) as saying: He who loves to meet Allah, Allah also loves to meet him, and who dislikes to meet Allah, Allah abhors to meet him. There is death before (one is able to) meet Allah. (Muslim 35:6490)

-------------

Date Posted: 29 September 2007 at 6:14pm

Sahih Bukahri : Book-2 Hadith -  385

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

Some angels came to the Prophet while he was sleeping. Some of them said, "He is sleeping." Others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

Then they said, "There is an example for this companion of yours." One of them said, "Then set forth an example for him."

Some of them said, "He is sleeping." The others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

Then they said, "His example is that of a man who has built a house and then offered therein a banquet and sent an inviter (messenger) to invite the people. So whoever accepted the invitation of the inviter, entered the house and ate of the banquet, and whoever did not accept the invitation of the inviter, did not enter the house, nor did he eat of the banquet."

Then the angels said, "Interpret this example to him so that he may understand it."

Some of them said, "He is sleeping.'' The others said, "His eyes are sleeping but his heart is awake."

And then they said, "The houses stands for Paradise and the call maker is Muhammad; and whoever obeys Muhammad, obeys Allah; and whoever disobeys Muhammad, disobeys Allah. Muhammad separated the people (i.e., through his message, the good is distinguished from the bad, and the believers from the disbelievers)."

-------------

Date Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:45am

It is related from Ibn 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,* said, "Islam is based on five: the testifying (shahada) that there is no god except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; establishing the prayer (salat); paying the zakat (wealth-tax), the Hajj and the fast (sawm) of Ramadan."

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 8

-------------

Date Posted: 30 September 2007 at 6:02pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book - 76, Hadith - 469

Narrated 'Aisha:

The most beloved action to Allah's Apostle was that whose doer did it continuously and regularly. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:48am

It was related from Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Belief has over sixty branches. Modesty is a branch of belief."

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 9

-------------

Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 8:24pm

(Sahiih Bukhari Book - 32, Hadith - 233)

Narrated Abu Salama: I asked Abu Sa'id, and he was a friend of mine, (about the Night of Qadr) and

he said, "We practiced Itikaf (seclusion in the mosque) in the middle third of the month of Ramadan with the Prophet.

In the morning of the 20th of Ramadan, the Prophet came and addressed us and said, 'I was informed of (the date of the Night of Qadr) but I was caused to forget it;  so search for it in the odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. (In the dream) I saw myself prostrating in mud and water (as a sign). So, whoever was in l'tikaf with me should return to it with me (for another 10-day's period)', and we returned.

At that time there was no sign of clouds in the sky but suddenly a cloud came and it rained till rain-water started leaking through the roof of the mosque which was made of date-palm leaf stalks. Then the prayer was established and I saw Allah's Apostle prostrating in mud and water and I saw the traces of mud on his forehead." 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2007 at 7:25pm
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "There is a Sadaqa to be given for every joint of the human body; and for every day on which the sun rises there is a reward of a Sadaqa (i.e. charitable gift) for the one who establishes justice among people."  

Sahih Bukhari - 49 - 870

-------------

Date Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:56am

It was related from 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A Muslim is the one from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe. An emigrant (muhajir) is someone who abandons what Allah has forbidden."

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 10

-------------

Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:55am

'Abdullah ibn 'Amr, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "A man asked the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, 'Which aspect of Islam is best?' He said, 'Feeding people and greeting those you know and those you do not know.'"

Bukhari, Chapter 2, Hadith 12

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:32am

If am not wrong the above hadith is repeated.

Sahih Bukhari - Book - 43  Hadith - 622

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: Allah's Apostle said,
 "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor.
Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs;
 whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection,
and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . " 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 10:38am

It was related from Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "None of you can truly be said to believe until he wants for his brother what he wants for himself."

Bukhari, Chapter 2,  Hadith 13

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2007 at 6:43pm

Sahih Bukhari -Book - 48 ,Hadith - 830

Narrated Abu Bakr RA:

A man praised another man in front of the Prophet .

The Prophet said to him, "Woe to you, you have cut off your companion's neck, you have cut off your companion's neck," repeating it several times and then added, "Whoever amongst you has to praise his brother should say, 'I think that he is so and so, and Allah knows exactly the truth, and I do not confirm anybody's good conduct before Allah, but I think him so and so,' if he really knows what he says about him." 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2007 at 1:25am

Sahih Bukhari Book - 52, Hadith 236

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Whenever we went up a place we would say, "Allahu--Akbar (i.e. Allah is Greater)", and whenever we went down a place we would say, "Subhan Allah." 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 October 2007 at 6:36pm

Sahih Bukhari , Book - 10 Hadith -527

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever misses the 'Asr prayer (intentionally) then it is as if he lost his family and property." 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 October 2007 at 6:30pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book-2 Hadith - 19
Narrated 'Aisha: Whenever Allah's Apostle ordered the Muslims to do something, he used to order them deeds which were easy for them to do, (according to their strength endurance).

They said, "O Allah's Apostle! We are not like you. Allah has forgiven your past and future sins." So Allah's Apostle became angry and it was apparent on his face. He said, "I am the most Allah fearing, and know Allah better than all of you do." 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:03pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book = 23 ; Hadith - 444

Narrated 'Ali:

" We were accompanying a funeral procession in Baqi-I-Gharqad. The Prophet came to us and sat and we sat around him. He had a small stick in his hand then he bent his head and started scraping the ground with it.

He then said, "There is none among you, and not a created soul, but has place either in Paradise or in Hell assigned for him and it is also determined for him whether he will be among the blessed or wretched."

A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Should we not depend on what has been written for us and leave the deeds as whoever amongst us is blessed will do the deeds of a blessed person and whoever amongst us will be wretched, will do the deeds of a wretched person?"

The Prophet said, "The good deeds are made easy for the blessed, and bad deeds are made easy for the wretched."

Then he recited the Verses:-- "As for him who gives (in charity) and is Allah-fearing And believes in the Best reward from Allah. " (92.5-6)  (Book #23, Hadith #444)

-------------

Date Posted: 01 November 2007 at 6:27am

Sahih Bukhari, Book 36: Volume 3,Number 470:

Narrated Abu Huraira (r.a.) The Prophet (peace be upon him )said, "Allah said, `I will be an opponent to three types of people on the Day of Resurrection:

1. One who makes a covenant in My Name, but proves treacherous;

2. One who sells a free person and eats his price; and

3. One who employs a laborer and takes full work from him but does not pay him for his labour.` "

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2007 at 6:12pm

At-Tirmidhi recorded that Ibn `Abbas said that he heard the Messenger of Allah saying
Two eyes shall not be touched by the Fire: an eye that cried for fear from Allah and an eye that spent the night guarding in Allah's cause.

-------------

Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 09 November 2007 at 1:39am

A BEDOUIN SEEKS ANSWERS
-----------------------------
Sayyadina Anes Ibn Malik RA reports that a Bedouin came to the Messenger of Allah and greeted him in the masjid. The Messenger of Allah asked him where he came from. The Bedouin said: "I came from far seeking answers to some Questions". Our Master told him to ask his questions":

1. I wish to be an intelligent man, what should I do? Holy Prophet Replied, "Fear Allah".
2. I wish to be a loyal servant to Allah and do what He wants me to do? Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Quran."
3. I wish to be enlightened and have peace of heart? Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Death".
4. I wish for prosperity? Holy Prophet Replied, "Be in a state of ablution at all times".
5. What should I do to protect myself from the tortures of the grave? Holy Prophet Replied, "Recite the Surah Mulk".
6. What should one do to be rich? Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Surah Muzammil".
7. How should I calm my fear of the day of last judgement? Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Allah SWT before you eat anything and before you sleep".
8. What should I do to feel the presence of Allah when I make my prayers? Holy Prophet Replied, "Give the utmost care in taking your ablutions and in being clean and pure.

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 13 November 2007 at 5:50pm

JazakiAllahu khair sis Sakeenah for your participation.

Bukhari :  Book - 70, Hadith - 545

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that." 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2007 at 12:16am

Ibn `Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) which stated, "While the Messenger of Allah was with Jibil, he heard a noise from above. Jibil lifted his sight to the sky and said, `This is a door that was opened just now in heaven, and it was never opened before.' An angel came down through the door to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, `Receive the good news of two lights that you have been given and which no Prophet before you was given: the Opener of the Book (Al-Fatihah) and the last Ayat in Surah Al-Baqarah. You will not read a letter of them, but you will be granted its benefit.'''

This Hadith was collected by Muslim and An-Nasa'i, and this is the wording collected by An-Nasa'i.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2007 at 12:43am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallahi wa Barakatuhu

�The heaviest thing to be placed in the balance of a believing slave on the Day of Judgment will be good behavior� (Ahmad and Abu Dawud)

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 20 November 2007 at 5:54pm

Sahih Muslim Book - 022, Hadith - 4877

Abu Tufail reported: We said to 'Ali b. Abi Talib: Inform us about something which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) told you in secret, whereupon he said:

He told me nothing in secret which he bid from people, but I heard him say:

Allah cursed him who sacrificed for anyone besides Allah;

and cursed him who accommodated an innovator;

and Allah cursed him who cursed his parents

and Allah cursed him who changed the boundary lines (of the land possessed by him)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2007 at 4:28am

A few Ahadith on the Qur'an

Read the Qur'an, for it shall come as an intercessor for its companion on the Day of Resurrection. (Muslim)

The best of you is he who learns the Qur'an and teaches others (Al-Bukhari)

The people of the Qur'an are Allah�s people and His special slaves. (Al-Bukhari)

�The hearts get rusty like irons gets rusty.� The people said: �O Messenger of Allah! What is its cleansing?� He said, �Reciting the Qur'an and remembering death.� (Al-Baihaqi)

Insha Allah we will get into the habit of reading a portion of the Glorious Qur'an daily, even if it is just two verses.

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:16am

When you see those who follow what is not so clear of the Qur'an, then they are those whom Allah described, so beware of them.

-   Al-Bukhari.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:03am

As

HADITH/SAYINGS OF MUHAMMAD (SAW)

Abu Hurairah RA reported: The Prophet Sallallahu Alyhi Wa Sallam said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.'' It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?'' He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Another narration of Muslim is: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He will not enter Jannah whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct".

Commentary: This Hadith reveals that hurting or troubling a neighbour is such a serious offence that it causes Allah's Wrath, and thus punishment in Hell.

-salaam alaykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:57pm
well pasted sis Sakeenah . How did it come at the corner. I wonder. But its good.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:39am
You caught me??? I honestly,can't say.Just wanted to save some time for myself,alliamdulillah!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:44am

The holy Prophet(s.a.w)admonished:"Turn to Allah,you people and seek forgiveness of Him.For myself I turn to Allah more than seventy or a hunddred times a day".

Al-Bukhari,Muslim.

sorry, i wanted everything on the same page cos it's meant to be for Hadith'not conversation'!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2007 at 6:31pm

Shhh, no discussion, sis Sakeenah.

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Avoid envy, for envy devours good deeds just as fire devours fuel or (he said) "grass."  (

Sunan Abu Dawud Book -41, Hadith- 4885)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2007 at 1:14am

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

By the One in whose hand my soul is, none of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, child and all mankind. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:04am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

"Ibn Umar (R.A) related that the Messenger of Allah(p.b.u.h) said:"O Muhajirun beware of five traits:

If ever immorality spreads and there is no sense of shame on its occurrence on mentioning it and people talk about it as if nothing bad has taken place,diseases which were not present in the times of their forefathers and earlier generations will spread among them.

If they decrease the measure and weight of solid grains or food,they will be overcome by poverty,their provisions will decrease and their ruler will be unjust.

If they refrain from paying the Zakaah due on their properties,they will be deprived of rain,unless they get it only for the sake of their cattle.

If they renounce their commitment to Allah and His Messenger,they will be governed by an enemy who is a stranger to them and who will take away some of what they possess.

If their rulers do not rule according to Allah's Book,they will be afflicted by civil war.

Allah forbid that this should happen to you"

Ibn Majah

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2007 at 5:45pm

Sahih Bukhari
Book - 2, Hadith - 28

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful."

It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?)

He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you." 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:39am

As Salamu Alaikum

�Whosoever refrains from asking, Allah will grant him independence, and whosoever seeks self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient Allah will give him patience and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience.� (Al-Bukhari)

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 15 December 2007 at 6:30pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book "12 Hadith - 762

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Imam says, "Sami' a-l-lahu Liman hamida," you should say, "Allahumma Rabbana laka-l-hamd." And if the saying of any one of you coincides with that of the angels, all his past sins will be forgiven."  

-------------

Date Posted: 30 December 2007 at 5:51am

Sahih Bukhari , Book : 3 Hadith : 73

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases.

(The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously;

(the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

-------------

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 30 December 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Sahih Bukhari , Book : 3 Hadith : 73

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases.

(The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously;

(the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

First, jazakum Allahu khairan for sharing this hadith and insha'Allah, having good niyyah.

Second, I must correct the translation.

You posted "
The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases."

A more correct translation is
"The Prophet said, "Do not BE JEALOUS of anyone except in two cases."

Date Posted: 31 December 2007 at 3:31am

Wa Alaikum As'salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakAllahu Khairan katheer brother, even the word envy may be  applied.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:56pm

Narrated Safiya bint Huyay: While Allah's Apostle was in Itikaf, I called on him at night and having had a talk with him, I got up to depart. He got up also to accompany me to my dwelling place, which was then in the house of Usama bin Zaid.

Two Ansari men passed by, and when they saw the Prophet they hastened away.

The Prophet said (to them). "Don't hurry! It is Safiya, the daughter of Huyay (i.e. my wife)."

They said, "Glorified be Allah! O Allah's Apostle! (How dare we suspect you?)"

He said, "Satan circulates in the human mind as blood circulates in it, and I was afraid that Satan might throw an evil thought (or something) into your hearts." 

Sahih Bukhari -Book -54, Hadith -501

Its good to clear away misconceptions.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:19pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book : 21, Hadith:243

Narrated Abu Huraira Allah's Apostle said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep.

On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.'

When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone;

and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone,

and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning;

otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart."  

-------------

Date Posted: 18 January 2008 at 5:20pm

Sahih Bukhari

Mustaurid al-Qurashi reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would come (when) the Romans would form a majority amongst people. 'Amr said to him (Mustaurid Qurashi): See what you are saying? He said: I say what I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon he said: If you say that, it is a fact for they have four qualities. They have the patience to undergo a trial and immediately restore themselves to sanity after trouble and attack again after flight. They (have the quality) of being good to the destitute and the orphans, to the weak and, fifthly, the good quality in them is that they put resistance against the oppression of kings.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:34pm

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I said, "O Messenger of Allah (PBUH), I have two neighbours, to which of them should I send a present?'' He (PBUH) replied, "To the one whose door is nearer to you". [Al-Bukhari]

Commentary:  When a Muslim does not have the means to present gifts to his neighbours and wants to present a gift only to one of them, he should go by the principle laid down in this Hadith. The principle enunciated here is: "One who is the nearest neighbour, should have precedence over all others.''

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:00pm

Wa'alaikum as'salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakAllah for sharing this hadith sister. I would go for the one who is n't that close to me, so that they get near to us. But this hadith was educative, subhanAllah.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him."

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389)

-------------

Posted By: Truth_light24
Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:18pm
Assalamo Alaykum

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads
the path in search of knowledge.''

[Muslim].

Commentary: 

In this Hadith, knowledge means the knowledge of the religion,
that is
to say the correct knowledge of the Qur'an and Hadith.

-------------
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59

Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:25pm

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three
things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which
is beneficial, or a virtuous decendant who prays for him (for the
deceased).'' [Muslim].

Commentary:  "His deeds come to an end'' means that he does
not any longer receive the return and reward on his actions. But
there are three categories of actions on which he receives
reward even after his death. First, Sadaqah Jariyah such as
building a mosque, or a hospital, or digging a well. As long as
people will benefit from these, he will receive a reward for them.
Second, "knowledge which is beneficial'' means to impart
knowledge to others or to propagate knowledge by means of
one's books. As long as this medium of teaching will continue
and his books will be studied and people will benefit from them,
he will receive a reward for it. Third, virtuous descendants.
Training of children on the right lines is essential so that after a
person's death they continue to pray for him. The prayer of
children in favour of parents is highly useful.

-------------
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59

Date Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:46pm
"Prayer is the essence of worship."
[Hadith]

Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He)
descends each night to the earth's sky
when there remains the final third of the night, and He says:

"Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it?
Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him?
Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?"
[Hadith Qudsi 35]

The Apostle of Allah was asked:
Which of the actions is best? He replied:
Observing prayer early in its period.
[abu Dawud 2: 426]

The first matter that the slave will be brought
to account for on the Day of Judgment
is the prayer.
If it is sound,
then the rest of his deeds will be sound.
And if it is bad,
then the rest of his deeds will be bad."
[at Tabarani]

I f a person had a stream outside his door
and he bathed in it five times a day,
do you think he would have any filth left on him?"
The people said,
"No filth would remain on him whatsoever."
The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said,
"That is like the five daily prayers:
Allah wipes away the sins by them."
[Sahih al Bukhari, Muslim]

O ne of the Saliheen was asked how he kept
his khushu' in prayer (concentration & humbleness etc)

He said, 'I imagine that Allah is before me,
that the Angel of Death is at my back,
that the gardens of Jannah are to my right,
that the fires of Jahannum are on my left
and that I am standing on the Sirat'

-------------

Date Posted: 09 April 2008 at 6:19am

As'Salamu Alaikum

Its many days that i did not post here.

Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Paradise and the Fire (Hell) argued, and the Fire (Hell) said, "I have been given the privilege of receiving the arrogant and the tyrants.'

Paradise said, 'What is the matter with me? Why do only the weak and the humble among the people enter me?'

On that, Allah said to Paradise. 'You are My mercy which I bestow on whoever I wish of my servants.'

Then Allah said to the (Hell) Fire, 'You are my (means of) punishment by which I punish whoever I wish of my slaves. And each of you will have its fill.' As for the Fire (Hell), it will not be filled till Allah puts His Foot over it whereupon it will say, 'Qati! Qati!'

At that time it will be filled, and its different parts will come closer to each other; and Allah will not wrong any of His created beings. As regards Paradise, Allah will create a new creation to fill it with." 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:27pm

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

�If the servant of one of you brings his food and he does not want to make him sit and eat with him, then let him offer him a morsel or two, because he has prepared it and served it.�

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2418 and 5144; Muslim, 1663.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:18am

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man came to the Prophet (PBUH) of Allah and said, "I swear allegiance to you for emigration and Jihad, seeking reward from Allah.'' He (PBUH) said, "Is any of your parents alive?'' He said, "Yes, both of them are alive.'' He (PBUH) then asked, "Do you want to seek reward from Allah?'' He replied in the affirmative. Thereupon Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Go back to your parents and keep good company with them". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In another narration it is reported that a person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and sought his permission to participate in Jihad. The Prophet (PBUH) asked, "Are your parents alive?'' He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet a(PBUH) said, "(You should) consider their service as Jihad.''

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:44pm

It was narrated from Mu�aadh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) took him by the hand and said: �O Mu�aadh, by Allah I love you, by Allah I love you.�

Then he said: �I advise you, O Mu�aadh, do not neglect to say following every prayer: O Allaah, help me to remember You and give thanks to You and to worship You well.�  { Allahumma A'ainni al'a zikrika wa shukrika wa husni ibadatik"}

Narrated by Abu Dawood (1522). Al-Nawawi said in al-Adhkaar (p. 103): Its isnaad is saheeh. Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in Buloogh al-Maraam (p. 96): Its isnaad is qawiy. It was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 6:37pm

Abu Umama al-Bahili reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I guarantee a house on the outskirts of the Garden to anyone who abstains from disputation, even if he is in the right, and a house in the middle of the Garden for anyone who abandons lying, even when he jests, and a house at the summit of the Garden for anyone who has good character." [Abu Dawud] 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 7:04pm
Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 1909

Narrated byAnas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Sadaqah appeases the Lord's anger and averts an evil death."

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 29

Narrated byMu'adh ibn Jabal

I said to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him): Inform me about an act which would entitle me to get into Paradise, and remove me away from Hell-Fire.

He (the Prophet) said: You have asked me about a matter (which ostensibly appears to be) difficult but it is easy to those for whom Allah, the Exalted, has made it easy.
Worship Allah and do not associate anything with him,
establish prayer,
 pay the Zakat,
observe the fast of Ramadan
and perform Hajj to the (sacred) House (Ka'bah).

He again said: Should I not direct you to the gateways of good?

Listen to me: The fasting is a shield against evil, the charity extinguishes (the fire of sin) just as water  extinguishes fire, the prayer of a person during the middle of the night.

Then he recited: 'Who forsake their beds...(up to)....they used to do.'

Then he said: Should I not direct you to the highest level of this matter, to the pillar on which (it rests) and its top?

I said: Allah's Messenger yes, (do tell me).

He said: The uppermost level of the matter is al-Islam. Its pillar is the prayer and its top is Jihad.
He then said: Should I not inform you of the sheet anchor of all this?
I said: Allah's Apostle (of course do it).

He took hold of his tongue and said: Exercise restraint on it.

I said: Apostle of Allah, would we be held responsible for what we say with it?

Thereupon he said: Mu'adh, may your mother be bereaved. Will anything else besides (irresponsible) talk cause the people to be thrown into the Hell-Fire upon their faces or on their nostrils?

Transmitted by Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 July 2008 at 5:46pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

It was narrated that Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: 

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

�Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him.� (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami�, 6510).

-------------

Date Posted: 17 July 2008 at 6:58pm

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"In Paradise there is a tree in whose shade a rider could travel for a hundred years without crossing it. Recite, if you wish: �In shade long-extended� [al-Waaqi�ah 56:30]"

Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4502

-------------

Date Posted: 30 August 2008 at 6:04pm

According to the Hadith;

Abu Huraira (RA) related that the Prophet(SAW) said: Allah the Majestic and Exalted said: "Every deed of man will receive ten to 700 times reward, except Siyam (fasting), for it is for Me and I shall reward it (as I like). There are two occasions of joy for one who fasts: one when he breaks the fast and the other when he will meet his Lord" (Muslim).

If every deed is multiplied by so much, each time we miss or give up an opportunity to do a good deed, we are giving up the opportunity to earn so much reward!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:16pm

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

�A wise person is one who keeps a watch over his bodily desires and passions, and checks himself from that which is harmful and strives for that which will benefit him after death; and a foolish person is one who subordinates himself to his cravings and desires and expects from God the fulfillments of his futile desires�

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 66 Narrated by AbuYa'la ibn Shaddad ibn Aws

-------------

Posted By: Gulliver
Date Posted: 19 September 2008 at 3:54pm
"On the Day of Judgement, a herald angel shall cry out [God's word] from beneath the Throne, saying: 'O nation of Muhammad! All that was due to me from you I forgive you now, and only the rights which you owed one another remain. Thus forgive one another, and enter Heaven through My Mercy."

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  

Date Posted: 30 November 2008 at 3:20am
Thankx for sharing that Gulliver. Kindly also provide us the source or the name of hadith , for knowing its authenticity

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah bin `Amr, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:

There are four things, if you attain them, then whatever you miss in this world will not matter:

preserving trust,

speaking the truth,

being of good character and

moderation in eating

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2008 at 5:21am
I am sorry Seeks. I cannot remember and am so exhausted right now there is little hope I shall. Maybe another time. I am not sure where I am with any of this any more. All is not as it seemed with my Muslim friend and I had to terminate that acquaintance. Just yesterday. It saddened me greatly, but had to be done, cause you can help someone - and you can help someone. Some people only know the meaning of take and not 'give'. Like vampires - they suck the life clean out of you. He didn't mean it. He's just very messed up and religion has most to do with it I realised. So........    there ya go.

Just offer some duas/prayers, or whatever they are called.

Thanks

God bless

Posted By: abosait
Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 9:24am

.......................Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah bin `Amr, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:................

Has Imam Ahmed met `Abdullah bin `Amr?

If not where did Imam Ahmed get that Hadith from?

Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:04pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Am surprised to see this question from you. I mean i see you as a member blessed with basics of deen. Khayr, if you have read those words carefully, you shall find that Imam Ahmed RECORDED. Its not that Imam Ahmed heard saying, or narrating. There must be surely, chain of narrators . Am trying to look into that book if Musnad Imam Ahmed, and then shall inshaAllah, try to post its chain of narrator.

While going thru tafsir Ibn Katheer, i went thru this hadith and thought of sharing it here. As far i know, tafsir ibn kathir, does n't have any such hadith which may doubt us of its authenticity. Moreover, Imam Ahmed's interpretation of Qur'an and hadith are followed by sunnis all over the world.

Imam Shafi RA, his own teacher said of him :

"You (addressing Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal) are more knowledgeable about Hadith than I, so when a hadith is sahih (correct), inform me of it, whether it is from Kufah, Basrah or Syria, so that I may take the view of the hadith, as long as it is sahih.

Related by Ibn Abi Haatim in Aadaab ash-Shaafi'i (pp. 94-5),

If you look at all those hadiths posted above from book of Bukhari, and others as well, you shall find only the first person is told. Like, Anas RA, heard Prophet {saws} saying, or Abu Hurayrah heard ------ Like wise, Abdullah ibn Amr narrated ---.

If still any doubt of its authenticity persists, kindly let me know

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2008 at 2:15am

As Salamu Alaikum

................ There must be surely, chain of narrators . Am trying to look into that book if Musnad Imam Ahmed, and then shall inshaAllah, try to post its chain of narrator.................

Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

Brother, the fact is that I too had come across that narration in Tafsir Ibn Kathir and was in search of the isnaad when I saw your post. I wrote to you thinking that I could get a ready answer from you instead of me searching the Hadith Sahihs.

I did not mean to embarass you (why should we be embarassed? we are all students in a way.) or to be disrespectful to the author.

Please do post here as soon as you find it. Insha Allah I shall also try to find out and post the result here.

Jazakallahu Khair.

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 05 December 2008 at 10:51am
wow. i usually just look at the compiler,  i.e. tirmidhi etc and never even glance at the sanad. . . . bt then again, i wouldnt know :)

rest assured bro abosait, seeks is not the kind that gets embarrassed at bieng questioned. He/she is very enthusiastic about learning and teaching - which is why one can comfortably ask him/her stuff....n ends up learning a lot.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 05 December 2008 at 6:32pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Brother {AboSait} you made me run, down the books and search at net. May Allah swt reward you for making me read the partial volume of Sunan Abu Dawud , as well his lifehistory Smile. Unfortunately, after the serious searchs, at even the library i vist, i cud not find even this book. I was trying to buy one,. Over net we have partial volume, not the whole book of hadith.

I was n't embarrased, but felt like you were doubting its authenticity. Generally, am of a kind that i don;t look at Isnads. I just look at book of hadith and read it. InshaAllah, hereafter, get habitauted to gain knowledge by such.

If you get to know Isnad of that particular hadith, do let me know. Am very eager to know them. They made run around Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 10 December 2008 at 2:26am

Assalamu Alaikum

...............If you get to know Isnad of that particular hadith, do let me know. Am very eager to know them. They made run around Smile

Wa Alaikum assalam wa Rahmathullah.

Jazakallahu Khair.

The questions I asked u here were the same that came to my mind as I was reading that narration in Ibn Kathir.

Lets wait and see if any of the members here could throw some light on that Hadith Insha Allah.

Date Posted: 23 December 2008 at 5:39pm

In his Sahih, Imam Muslim recorded that Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said that

Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said, O My slaves! If the first and the last among you, mankind and Jinns among you, stood in one spot and asked Me and I gave each person what he asked, it will not decrease from My dominion, except what the needle decreases (or carries) when entered into the sea

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2008 at 6:16pm

Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Hushaym. Ahmad recorded that one of the Companions of the Prophet narrated the Hadith,

The believer who mingles with people and is patient with their annoyance, earns more reward than the believer who does not mingle with people and does not observe patience with their annoyance

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2008 at 11:00pm
[Sahih Muslim : Book 32 Kitab Al-Birr was-Salat-I- wa'l-Adab, Number 6251]

Abu Huraira(Radi Allah Anhu)reported Allah's Messenger (sal-allahu- alleihi-wasallam ) as saying:

"Do you know who is poor?"

They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: A poor man amongst us is one who has neither dirham with him nor wealth. He (sal-allahu- alleihi-wasallam ) said:

"The poor of my Umma would be he who would come on the Day of Resurrecton with prayers and fasts and Zakat but (he would find himself bankrupt on that day as he would have exhausted his funds of virtues) since he hurled abuses upon others, brought calumny against others and unlawfully consumed the wealth of others and shed the blood of others and beat others, and his virtues would be credited to the account of one (who suffered at his hand). And if his good deeds fall short to clear the account, then his sins would be entered in (his account) and he would be thrown in the Hell-Fire."

-------------

Date Posted: 29 December 2008 at 6:22pm

Jaabir Ibn �Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah  walked through 

the market place.  Some people were gathered on either side of him.
 Then he came across a dead goat with very short  ears, of which he took hold saying, �Who among you would like to have this for a dirham?�  

They said: �We would not even like to have it for nothing, for it is of no use to us.� 

He  said: �Would you like to have it for free?�  

They said: �By Allah, not even if it were alive, because its ears are so short; and now it is also dead.� 

Thereupon the Messenger  said: �By Allah, this world is more insignificant  in the sight of Allah than 
 this is in your eyes.� [Muslim] 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 December 2008 at 3:24am
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

Imam Ahmad, may Allah have mercy on him, recorded that Qays bin Kathir said, "One of the people of Al-Madinah came to Abu Ad-Darda', may Allah be pleased with him, when he was in Damascus.

Abu Ad-Darda' said, `What brought you here, my brother'

He said, `A Hadith which I heard that you narrate from the Messenger of Allah .'

He said, `Have you come for trade'

He said, `No.'

He said, `Have you come for any other reason'

He said, `No.'

He said, `Have you come only to seek this Hadith'

He said, `Yes.'

He, may Allah be pleased with him said, `I heard the Messenger of Allah say

Whoever follows a path to seek knowledge, Allah will show him the way to Paradise. The angels lower their wings being pleased with the one who seeks knowledge. Whoever is in the heavens and on earth, even the fish in the sea, ask for forgiveness for the scholar. The superiority of the scholar over the worshipper is like that of the moon over all other heavenly bodies. The scholars are the heirs of the Prophets, for the Prophets did not leave behind Dinars and Dirhams, but they left behind knowledge; and whoever receives it, receives an abundance of good fortune

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2009 at 2:32am
Hadith (Sahih Bukhari)
English Translation
(by M. Muhsin Khan)

Narrated Masruq: 'Aisha said,
"If anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says:

'No vision can grasp Him.' (6.103)

And if anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen the Unseen, he is a liar, for Allah says:

"None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah."

Date Posted: 11 January 2009 at 6:38pm
Bismillah Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:

Hasten to do good deeds before six things appear:

the rising of the sun from the west; the smoke; the Dajjal; the beast; the (death) of one of your favorite, or general affliction

-------------

Date Posted: 12 January 2009 at 6:31pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Brother {Abo Sait} you asked Isnaad of a hadith. It seems that we need to go thru original books of it. That is the arabic version of hadiths and there we shall get the isnaad. We don't find isnaads in translated ones

The Prophet (peace be upon him)said:"No fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts any Muslim, even to the extent of a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping out his sins by it." [Sah�h al-Bukh�r� and Sah�h Muslim]

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:40am

Seeks, or anyone else: What did the Prophet mean by 'the death of one of your favourite' ?

I think the Smoke and General Affliction signs have already been fulfilled !!! :-/

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 4:54am
I need a really good and inspiring hadith for a little local forum I am on. Something beautiful about Allah. I've already use little sayings from Islam and had people comment on how good it was, how they had not known that's what Muslims believed etc. I think we should all do that for Allah/God, and each other.

Any offers ?

Posted By: Talib_Asadullah
Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:11pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Sahih Bukhari(RA)--Book 87-- Hadith 136

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri(RAA): Allah's Apostle(SAWS) said, "While I was sleeping, some people were displayed before me (in a dream). They were wearing shirts, some of which were merely covering their breasts, and some a bit longer. Then there passed before me, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab(RAA) wearing a shirt he was dragging it (on the ground behind him.)" They (the people) asked, "What have you interpreted (about the dream) O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "The Religion."  

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 4:08am
Gulliver : I dont know which hadith you may find 'inspiring' - since inspiration comes differently to all of us, but I could share some ahadith with you, that I particularly like a lot . . . perhaps they may also appeal to you the same way. Btw, these are Hadith Qudsi, i.e. we believe these are the exact words of Allah, in His own Narrative.

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: "My mercy prevails over my wrath. " - narrated by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. - narrated by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. . . . . " -  related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

"Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him. " - related by al-Bukhari.
Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:

Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection: "Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade. " related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).

"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it. " - related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal)......subhanallah!

Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: "Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?" -related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2009 at 8:24am
Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Laila(RAA): Sahl bin Hunaif(RAA) and Qais bin Sad(RAA) were sitting in the city of Al-Qadisiya. A funeral processionfuneral procession was of one of the inhabitants of the land i.e. of a non-believer, under the protection of Muslims. They said, "A funeral procession passed in front of the Prophet(SAWS) and he stood up. When he was told that it was the coffin of a Jew, he said, "Is it not a living being (soul)?" (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=23&translator=1&start=0&number=399 - #23 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=23&translator=1&start=0&number=399#399 - #399 )

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 16 January 2009 at 6:14pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Narrated 'Ali: While we were in a funeral procession in Baqi Al-Gharqad, Allah's Apostle came and sat down, and we sat around him. He had a small stick in his hand and he bent his head and started scraping the ground with it. He then said, "There is none among you, and no created soul but has his place written for him either in Paradise or in the Hell-Fire, and also has his happy or miserable fate (in the Hereafter) written for him." A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend upon what is written for us and give up doing (good) deeds? For whoever among us is destined to be fortunate (in the Hereafter), will join the fortunate peoples and whoever among us is destined to be miserable will do such deeds as are characteristic of the people who are destined to misery." The Prophet said, "Those who are destined to be happy (in the Hereafter) will find it easy and pleasant to do the deeds characteristic of those destined to happiness, while those who are to be among the miserable (in the Hereafter), will find it easy to do the deeds characteristic of those destined to misery." Then he recited: 'As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and believes in the Best reward from Allah, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser and thinks himself self sufficient, and gives the lie to the Best reward from Allah we will make smooth for him the path for evil.' (92.5-10)  (Book -60, Hadith #473) - Al-Bukhari

-------------

Date Posted: 16 January 2009 at 6:25pm

Bismillah Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah said:

Hasten to do good deeds before six things appear:

the rising of the sun from the west; the smoke; the Dajjal; the beast; the (death) of one of your favorite, or general affliction

As Salamu Alaikum

Sister Chrysallis, i did write to one of the brothers, who possess good knowledge of hadiths. Am waiting for his answer. This hadith is also like this at sahih Muslim

Abu Hurairah reported Allah;s messenger {may peace be upon him} saying : Hasten to do good deeds before six things happen: the rising of the sun from the west, the smoke, the Dajjal, the beast and (the death) of one of you or the general turmoil.  (Book #041, Hadith #7039)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Hasten in performing these good deeds (before these) six things (happen): (the appearance) of tribe Dijjal, the smoke, the beast of the earth, the rising of the sun from the west, the general turmoil (leadina to large-scale massacre) and death of masses and individuals.  (Book #041, Hadith #7040)

We need to look in the exact word of arabic and take its meaning. Hope anyof our members shall try to get its meaning and share with us here.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 2:11am

Thanks folks. Thanks Chrys. Was looking anything and have a little selection now. I am talking to a Christian man about Islam. He's had all the usual negative perceptions and trying to correct them. He is a real believer in 'submission to the will of God' in all things. It is a very traditional Catholic concept too and I am trying to help him see that this too is the 'goal' of Islam. I just feel that it's good and right to draw people's attentions to whatever they share, what brings peoples together in peace and keeps them in peaceful co existence, and to realise we all 'pray' to the One God. Well I believe so anyway.

Not bout much last days. Been DISTRACTED and DEMENTED with some things in life. Nothing ever changes. LOL ;-)

God bless folks.

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 3:18am
Jazakallah Khair

-------------

Date Posted: 18 January 2009 at 11:24am
Narrated An-Nu'man bin BashirRAA): I heard Allah's Apostle(SAWS) saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.(Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=2&translator=1&start=0&number=49 - #2 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=2&translator=1&start=0&number=49#49 - #49 )

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 19 January 2009 at 5:39am
As Salaamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters.Jazakallah Kheiran for the thread Peacemaker.It is like a reunion.The new the old and those whom we havent heard from in a while.Alhamduillah!                  Al-Tirmizi#1924The merciful are show mercy by the All Merciful show mercy to those on earth,and Allah will show mercy to you.

Date Posted: 26 January 2009 at 6:08pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: �How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for all his affairs are good, and that does not apply to anyone apart from the believer. If something good happens to him he is grateful, and that is good for him, and if something bad happens to him he bears it with patience, and that is good for him.�

Narrated by Muslim, no. 2999.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 January 2009 at 6:41pm
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5721; Muslim, 2990

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: �All of my ummah may be forgiven except those who commit sin openly. It is a kind of committing sin openly if a man does something at night, then morning comes and Allaah has concealed his sin, but he says, �O So and so, I did such and such last night,� when his Lord has concealed him (his action) all night but in the morning he reveals that which Allah had concealed for him.�

-------------

Posted By: homequran.com
Date Posted: 05 February 2009 at 9:28pm

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." 

Sahih Bukahri (Book #2, Hadith #15)

Date Posted: 07 February 2009 at 6:16pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Dharr, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "The Messenger of Allah said: I know the last person who will be brought forth from Hell, and the last person who will enter Paradise. A man will be brought and it will be said, "Take away his major sins and ask him about his minor sins.'' So it will be said to him: "On such and such a day, you did such and such, and on such and such a day, you did such and such.'' He will say, "Yes, and he will not be able to deny anything.'' Then it will be said to him: "For every evil deed you now have one good merit.'' He will say: "O Lord, I did things that I do not see here.'' He (Abu Dharr) said: "And the Messenger of Allah smiled so broadly that his molars could be seen.''

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2009 at 6:11pm

Abu Umamah Radiyallahu �anhu narrates
that Rasullullah Sallallahu �alaihi wasallam said:

Anyone, who loves for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala alone
and hates for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala alone;
gives for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala alone
and withholds for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala alone,
has indeed perfected his Iman.

-------------

Posted By: zahreen
Date Posted: 14 February 2009 at 8:05am
The last sermon of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white -except by piety and good actions."

[Chapter 3, Book 7: Sahih Bukhari]

Posted By: zahreen
Date Posted: 15 February 2009 at 7:26am
In Sahih al Bukhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 56:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net