IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hadith of the day
    Posted: 25 September 2007 at 4:23am

Assalamu Alaikum,

We can post here daily one Hadith. Let us not discuss in this thread. If you need to discuss any verse, please do so in another thread:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5779& ; ;PN=1&TPN=1

1. 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said on the minbar, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Actions are but judged according to intentions. Every man has what he intends. So whoever emigrates to gain something of this world or to marry a woman, his emigration is for that to which he emigrated.'"

Bukhari, Chapter 1: 1

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 6:51pm

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?"

He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times."

I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"

He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents"

I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?"

He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause."

'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me more."  (Book #10, Hadith #505) - Sahih Bukhari

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 2:52am

As Salamu Alaikum

Narrated By 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The news of my daily fasting and praying every night throughout the night reached the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam). So he sent for me or I met him, and he said, "I have been informed that you fast everyday and pray every night (all the night). Fast (for some days) and give up fasting (for some days); pray and sleep, for your eyes have a right on you, and your body and your family (i.e. wife) have a right on you." I replied, "I have more power than that (fasting)." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Then fast like the fasts of (the Prophet) David". I said, "How?" He replied, "He used to fast on alternate days, and he used not to flee on meeting the enemy." I said, "From where can I get that chance?" ('Ata' said, "I do not know how the expression of fasting daily throughout the life occurred.") So, the Prophet said, twice, "Whoever fasts daily throughout his life is just as the one who does not fast at all." (Al-Bukhari Vol.3 No.198)

Wa alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 6:20pm

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." 

Sahih Bukahri (Book #2, Hadith #15)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 4:05am

Ibn 'Abbas related saying, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was the most generous of people, and he was even more generous in Ramadan when Jibril met him. He used to met him every night in Ramadan to go through the Qur'an with him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was more generous with good than the blowing wind."

Bukhari, Chapter 1:6

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0001.aspx

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 4:33am

As Salamu Alaikum

Narrated By Abu Huraira (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarrelling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting." (Al-Bukhari Vol. 3 No. 128)

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 6:37pm

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?"

The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know

(Sahih Bukhari Book - 2, Hadith -11)

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 4:05am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I live in the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him, as he remembers Me And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in the assembly, better than he (does that), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And it he walks towards Me, I rush towards him. (Muslim book 35 No 6498)

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>
  Share Topic