IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dealing with non-Muslim parents  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with non-Muslim parents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:46am

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

ron, your private message to me was deleted unopened, and I've blocked you from sending any more. If you don't have the character to state your opinions in the open, that's your problem.

No reply.

As I suspected, ron, it appears you do not have the character to discuss issues in the open.

Yusuf
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:39am

During the negotiations of the Hudabuyia expedition, the Prophet (pbuh) signed his name "The Messenger of Allah". The enemy would not accept this. So, he crossed it out and signed "Son of Abdullah".

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:05pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I want to thank everyone who has given me advice in this thread.  Sometimes one needs to see things from someone else's perspective in order to see more clearly, all your input has helped me with that.

I guess I don't need my parents "approval" of my religion (or me for that matter, any more than I ever did).  I think it just irks me that they are so bigoted.  Of course I can't change them (and was foolish to think I could!), so I'll have to just take them as they are.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 10:27am

Bismillah,

I really thought that my family would at least acknowledge my holidays, put it on their calendars, call or send a card, but no.  For a couple of years I hinted that my kids would like Eed presents a month before the holiday, and they did get some small gifts and cards. 

This year, my dad gave presents to the kids on our holiday. (I think it was money, but that's the norm for him.)

If you have the time and energy, why don't you send them a Happy Eed card a week before the holiday to remind them?  You could send a small gift as well.

Thanks for reminding me why I want to go live in Jordan.  My kids deserve to have respect for their religion!  It's so nice to be around a lot of other people celebrating when you are.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
modarjan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modarjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 3:20pm
Assalamualaikum. my humble suggestion will be to let your actions speak it all, what Islam is all about. persevere through patience even in the hardship you face with unislamic and insensitive attitude towards you. that includes them placing silver for you. in a very indiscreat way, eat as you like. following the tradition of prophet(pbuh) or them eating pork. just ignore and in your heart say a prayer for them that Allah swt brings the light to them, inshallah ameen. I see the strentgh in your eeman, when I read your responses. inshallah, Allah swt will help you to touch their heart once again. in my prayers. modarjan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic