IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - polygamy.........????????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polygamy.........????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:39pm

salam ummziba.

mashallah ur advices are always good, may Allah bless u.

yes im doing wat u said, it is better for ever1. yes he is trying to be more religion so i dont leave him olso so Allah will give him wat he wants. but i do pray that Allah will not let this happen cose i cant do it eather way if i leave him or not still i will have a brake donw, i think.

anyway right now its quite so i keep quite. thanx.love iman

Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 2:26pm
My husband and I have talked about this subject alot. I am first wife,so,it is up to me to agree to a second wife. I would not only agree,but I would pick her for my husband. I am much older than my husband.I am not able to have children. If he decides he wants children,we would have to choose a second wife,she would be good,and kind,gentle and with a whiteheart,and be able to have children.And she and I would be as sisters.If my husband and I felt that having a second wife would cause me saddness and pain,we would not do it.My husband would never want to cause me any saddness. We currently live in America,so we would not have a second wife here.It is a NORMAL feeling to feel sad at the prospect of a second wife.But once you get past that,once you can put your mind in that direction,I dont see it as a bad thing at all. I think now,it can actually be a very nice thing.I used to cry when we would talk of it..but my husband assured me,it would ONLY happen IF I say so.
Moonie
M E X I View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M E X I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 11:25pm

as'salam alaykum wara7matu Allah wa barakatuh...

Sister Iman....Polygyny is a reality that many muslimahs face, some willingly, some may need more religious, understanding and encouragment, no matter what the initial reaction, living in polygamy requires tawakul on Allah [swt] and much sabr. You need to hear suggestions and positive thoughts from other women on how to have success with this aspect of our deen.

Make more supplication to Allah [swt] to give you strength and comfort your heart; ask Allah [swt] for confidence in yourself and in your relationship; Count the blessings in your life, including all the blessings you have received through your marriage. Increase your worship: Make your prayers more perfect , recite more Qur'an in them, make longer du3a; pray more additional voluntary prayers; read Qur'an daily; fast, attend a women's lesson, stay focused on pleasing Allah [swt] and not falling victim to your desires and jealosy. Try to remember that you don't own the man, he belongs to Allah [swt]. Stay away from arguing about complaining, comparing to the other wife. Don't argue with your husband in front of your co-wife or with your co-wife in front of your husband.

Polygyny my dear sister It is one of the many rights that our husbands have in this religion and a Sunnah of Allah's Messenger [sallallahu alayhi wa'salam] that many brothers will choose to practice.

And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphangirls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice. [4:3]

Here is the reality, we were placed upon this earth to worship Allah [swt], alone. We are going to have trials and we must call on Allah to help us with them. You sisters that feel anger and jealousy, think more about the grave, think more about your meeting with Allah [swt], ask youself, is harboring ill feelings worth wasting precious time that could be spent on good deeds to try and please Allah [swt].

O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. And seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause (as much as you can), so that you may be successful. [5:35]

This is a reality, we all must die, who is the first to say that they are ready and that they don't have anything to worry about? Do we really have time to spare on anything other than worshipping and trying to please Allah [swt]? And if polygyny is in the qadr for you then accept it, deal with it.

Read about how the mothers of the believers dealt with it. Read about how the sa7abiyat dealt with it. Turn to Qur'an and the Sunnah of our Prophet [sallallahu alayhi wa'salam] to deal with it, make sincere du3a and ask Allah to help you to deal with it, for sure Allah [swt] is the best of Planners. He knows what we don't know and he knows what is best for us.

May Allah bless you sis Iman with good in this world and hereafter, and give you strength and comfort to your heart ameen.

I wish the best for you and in the case this happens to you try to have sabr... ensha'Allah everything will be fine. ameen ya rab

Barakallahu feekon..

Edited by M E X I
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 9:42pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

Actually, the word Muslims should use is polygyny as it referes to having more than one wife, whereas polygamy refers to either sex having more than one mate.

Personally I could not be a co-wife, but that is just me.

I do wonder about the laws in this country though. A man can have 10 girlfriends, or a wife and 10 girlfriends, all living next door to each other and having his children, yet this is perfectly legal and accepted in our society. However, if a man or woman wants to make more than one person thier spouse it is illegal. I don't understand the rationale behind this.

A man can have any number of children by any number of women and still legally give these children his name, yet he cannot legally marry more than one of the women. Why not? He's already being sexual with all of them and starting families with all of them.

Just some thoughts.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic