IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - True Islam as I understand it. (ALEH)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

True Islam as I understand it. (ALEH)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:53am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

If one has the fear for Allah and the hope for His mercy, this person can not go wrong. Even if this person makes a mistake, Allah can make bad deeds into good(because after all the whole affair is His)

Fear of allah is not an armour against falling into sin. To know that one can never err, can be deceiving to oneself, coz shaitan has more ways of making the unseemly look pleasing than one can think of.

The Prophet (SAW) did not sin, but he used to seek Allah's forgiveness 70 times each day. This is said in a hadith, thus a recommendation for muslims to seek forgiveness and be humble.

The Prophet(SAW) said that he fears allah the most amongst all ... yet there are incidences in the Quran where he has been corrected on his decisions. eg, the incident of the blind man, and the time when he vowed not to see any of his consorts.

A Godfearing person is not one who is free from error, but one who turns to allah in humility after having slipped.

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

The explanation of the words of Allah(tafsir)....the faithful do not need His words explained,

But the prophet (SAW) used to be seeked by the arabic speaking masses to explain to them further the exactness of the revealed words.

So may be the modern day man is more intelligent to understand Quran just by reading it, the traditional method of understanding is thru reading, contemplation and Suluk of authentic scholarship.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:56pm

Mahshallah

Thank you for those thoughts....

I myself do pray that should I error in my thoughts or beliefs that in due time I will be guided well to the right imformation to make my choices from.  I am always learning new things and as we all know the Quran and Hadeath are texts that are many volumes and take time to learn them all and from them make choices in our actions and behaviors.

Also we need be cautioned in some things as in 600 Ad many things were accepted in society that are not accepted now.

For instance we cannot go and just kill or enjure someone just becuase we feel like it.

Killing people is not acceptable in any circustances.

Interesting thoughts sister.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 3:56am

Fear of allah is not an armour against falling into sin. To know that one can never err, can be deceiving to oneself, coz shaitan has more ways of making the unseemly look pleasing than one can think of."

We do make mistakes but the fear of Allah, as Ann puts it is fearing to displease Him, so when a mistake is made by one who fears Allah he will ask forgiveness for it. Even when he does not see a mistake because he knows there are.

The requirment by Allah is not not to sin, Only Allah(He is The One and The Self Suficient) does not sin and those special beings he created with the atribute of not able to sin. but having faith in Allah, fearing Him alone and seeking His mercy. This is the requirment. As for shaitaan, Allah says in the koran that he has no power of His purely devoted(mukhlaseen) servants.

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 9:29am

Alaikoam Salam Community

Indeed servants living their life serving Allah may sin less becuase they are on a good path. 

Is it our sin if one person in the community is hungery, homeless or left ignorant?  I think we are part of the solution. 

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic