IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - why cats are moody  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why cats are moody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Ya Allah!  $600!!!  No cat is worth that - adopt a nice little stray and give it a good home.  Do you have a Humane Society in Turkey?  Here, the Humane Society takes care of unwanted cats and dogs until they are adopted.  That is where I got all my cats.

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

I had an one while i was going to high school,she has an one eye and there was an hole at the absent eye's place that everybody was scaring from him though it was really ugly a hughe one with her interesting colors also she was too old then i have discovered an secret beauty on it that she loved me too much,one day i have opened my eyes that there is an smooth thing under my head and  on the pillow it was she then i screamed...i began feeding her with the fishes which my father was loving to cook every weekend then she loved me more that one day we heard some interesting voices coming from the wardrobe,it was again she who gave birth on my mother's wedding dress that my mother had been protecting it for 25 years like her eyes,there was an hughe blood on the dress and 7 little cat was crying on she was trusting to me that chosen the place to give birth,i loved them but my mother got crazy....

The best thing is adopting one from the street then it will also be like zakat in the name of Allah as i had done to my squirrels they were on the way of death in an small box little childs were annoying them...the best one is adopting...Jazak Allah....

Edited by Suleyman
islam360-com View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam360-com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:23am
I love all animals, but I believe cats are special because they are the cleanest animal (they always clean themselves, especially my cat 'miau-miau'), and they are also among the most intelligent.

Is it true that cats are the only animal that cleans itself or are there other animals that cleans itself?

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:55am

Assalamu alaikum,

It is my understanding that birds must keep their feathers clean to keep their water-resistant quality, as well as their insulating quality (this is called "preening").  As well, I know that otters, beavers and mink regularly clean their fur using their "musk" (oil) glands in order to keep the water-resistant quality of their fur as well.

But, I do agree - cats are special!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic