IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeing a Muslim Purchasing Alcohol  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeeing a Muslim Purchasing Alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:57am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Assalamu laikum Sr. Fareeda,

Not only me that think you are too sensitive and sometime over reactive and not wise, here I copied your conversation with Ron and suggestion from Sr. Shasha Aunt:

Why are you posting hers and Ron's "half" message here? What is your point and intention by doing this?

I have given them my full response in the appropriate thread:

Be objective and don't search for faults in other Muslims unnecessarily.

Please read everything before you intimidate and patronize me and don't lie pasting half messages from other topics and old disputes into new threads as this only creates disunity and fitna.

Wasalam

Edited by fareeda - 10 May 2008 at 3:56am
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:25am
Assalamu alaikum Sr. Fareeda,

Re: Hadrat Aisha was also very sensitive.
Yes she was and on top of that she was very wise and had very good self control.

Why are you bringing up a different topic in this thread without even posting the link?
Here the link:
Please read the post on the link and put you as somebody else such as Ron or other contributor there and feel it.

How can you judge me in two days?
With the right tool and equipment my doctor can "judge" me in less than 10 minutes.

Why don't you mind your own business? 
Yes I don't mind, however you said you want to do dawa, so you should deal with peoples even if they against you, that what the Prophet PBUH did. (I am not against you though).

I don't want you to enter my threads only so that you attack me, so please keep out if you have no Islamic adab.

I will not enter your conversation again. Just again re-read all your post and pretend the post is nothing to do with you and pretend you are not Fareeda and make a conclusion how is Fareeda behave. Or ask your husband to read the post and make conclusion about Fareeda. 

May Allah bless and guide us all.

Edited by semar - 10 May 2008 at 2:35am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:33am
Salams,

Now look in the mirror and practice this:

Just again re-read all your post and pretend the post is nothing to do with you and pretend you are  Fareeda and make a conclusion how others behave. Or ask your wife to read the post and make conclusion about Semar. 

As for Hadrat Aisha I mentioned her only because you were being patronizing and judgmental and have been picking on me accusing me of being sensistive etc. No woman can be better than the mother of the believers, what makes you think I think of myself better than her? 

What makes you think I have no self control? Do you think you can stop me from speaking the truth or posting when I wish, how much I want to, just because you don't like it and find it a sensitive issue?

Now look in the mirror. Before you started attacking me in the moderator thread and here, where and when have I accused you or Nausheen or Shasta Aunt of being sensitive? Look at my initial post, you only known me to post for two days and you are ready to fight. THIS IS WRONG - PERIOD Posting debasing responses from other threads issues that have got nothing to do with you, old disputes -THIS IS WRONG. It is unislamic and none of your business and you all are just condescending and full of hatred.

You have only come to this thread to enjoy attacking me with all the rest of the gang. You are simply a male chauvanist, bully with all the rest!

Edited by fareeda - 10 May 2008 at 3:01am
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:43am
What have I done incorrect by posting this? How am I too sensitive or being a bad Muslim? In fact was asking an appropriate question to others to help me decide but look at how you all ganged up on me above, for one, simple post:

Salams,

Like to know your advice on this. My child saw one Muslim person we know from a Muslim fast food store purchase bottles of beer and brought this to my attention. I came closer and saw the bottles being put inside the bag and asked the cashier if they were soft drinks, but she told me they were beer and even gave me the trade name. This brother is a Muslim he works for a well known Take Away on a main street within a Muslim community and I tried speaking to the manager but they would not give me his contact details. I think the brother suspects that I know about this and that is why he asked why I wanted to contact his manager. Tbh, I just wanted to tell the manager to take care of his employees and keep an eye out on them, without point at anyone, I wanted him to be aware this is going on and that it was not going to help his business if other Muslims found out that one of the men working there is purchasing alcoholic drinks. But as I said they didn't give me his phone number. 

So I have notified some responsible Muslims who will discuss the issue with an Imam. I said to them that I felt responsible that if other younger Muslim may watch him purchasing alcohol they may get encouraged to drink it, but I reminded them that they should try to conceal his sin, so that Allah will cover ours and I did not give them his name, but only the name of the fast food store.

I don't know if I did the right thing. I don't know what will happen.  The sister I spoke to said it was important they knew about it as they would like to speak to him diplomatically about this. I feel confused, because I don't know how the brother will may take it or will understand why this is wrong to do what he's doing. I think he knows we saw him purchase alcohol, but I don't know if he bought those bottles of beer to drink for himself, or for someone else.

Any suggestions from Muslims will be appreciated.

Jazak Allahkhair

fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:50am
Amazing welcome I found in this forum.

If any of you do not like my personality, then simply keep away from my discussions and allow Allah to be the Judge.

There is no compulsion in Islam!

Wasalam
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 5:25am
Quran 11:13

"Allah will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves"

I am really and truly ashamed to know that all the brothers and sisters attacking me were mostly all moderators hiding behind user names who have mistreated me so badly esp. in this closed forum where no one else can see what is happening. So Nausheen is a Moderator I hate to think how others have been treated on this site. I don't know what Allah will say to you all grouping together against me like this, on the Day of Judgment. And yet you blame me for it and ask me to apologize. You really should be ashamed of yourselves to mistreat vulnerable Sisters like myself.

So the other thread was closed not because I asked for it, but because even Israfil could see what was going on how 'Ron' and 'Aunt Shasta' were treating me. This is manipulation of the forum only to suit your egos and self respect.

I hate personal attacks as they are so degrading and disabling.

This is the reason why I keep well away from judgmental, antagonizing, arrogant, condescending, patronizing, bullying type of abusive Muslims who only like to put others down and why I am so defensive against this kind of behaviour.

IC also posts Jamal Bradawi's lectures, but I just hope and pray that he is not running this site because if he is I will lose all my respect for prominent Muslims. I certainly don't want to be a part of this community after what they have done and I am very reluctant to meet anyone similar to those who have attacked me.

I am leaving as I am sure you will be happy that I have gone. Don't bother responding because I do not wish to read your responses. There is no one here except yourselves, now I know the reason why no one else is responding to my posts and why no one is here posting.

You were all very judgmental, I told you the truth about your characters to awake you, whether or not you liked it. Those who preach about kindness, respect, self control, acceptance, not slandering or spreading rumours, etc need to practice what they say the most. Little did I realize that I am talking to moderators and admin staff of IC!

There is no 'jammah' for me and never has been and not for many decent Muslims. I thank Allah I am not in America or Canada! I know some isolated Muslims who have had very bad times with Muslims there and I have every sympathy for them, because now I understand fully why. Having friends such as you, who would need enemies? I am happy without such 'friends'.

You do not know my life or the damage you are capable of with your unfair and unbearable demands and the amount of my time you wasted online. I suggest you get your iman in order, before running such a site like this.

Wasalam

Edited by fareeda - 10 May 2008 at 10:00am
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:19am
Auzubillahi minash Shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim,

Assalamualaikum Fareeda,
You have had many issues with my post - I am not sure if I will be able to explain everything.

1. I am not using bold, I am only using Times New Roaman with size 4, so it might look bold - and I was not aware of this. I know bold is offensive, and I apologise if my post appeared so on the face of it.

2. I am not a moderator. I resigned approximately two years ago.  They continue to give me the moderator access out of sheer generosity - I am not using any of it on this site.

3. I am very busy with my life these days, so it is too hard to get into a long discussion. You have raised many questions on the authenticity of what I said - I can only say that I studied shafii fiqh recently, and was writing from Shaykh Amjad Rasheed's manual on the fiqh which says that amr bil ma'roof nahi anil munkar is a communal responsibility.

4. one last thing ... if you read again, I said on the lines .... talking about the brother "may" amount to gheebah, and Allah knows best. As far as my knowledge of English language goes, the use of words " may " and " might " cannot be equated to something said with surity - I was therefore not using the sentence structure to accuse you of anything.

5. It is obvious my writings are too bad and have caused much distress to you. Insha Allah I will try not to increase in anymore of that.  I take your advice and step back from this discussion. If possible please excuse my shortcommings and forgive me.

To others:
Jazak Allahu khair to those who gave me a welcome on my return a few weeks ago. Apparently I am not helping anything here - insha Allah you who have stayed longer than myself are blessed with better skills to address issues like these, please do not weary yourselves for the sake of this poor soul. Continue in the good work. Barak Allahu Feekum. nausheen.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:46am
Assalamu Alaikum,

May Allah help and guide us all.

Wassalam,

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic