Print Page | Close Window

Seeing a Muslim Purchasing Alcohol

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12400
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 11:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Seeing a Muslim Purchasing Alcohol
Posted By: fareeda
Subject: Seeing a Muslim Purchasing Alcohol
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:50pm

Salams,

Like to know your advice on this. My child saw one Muslim person we know from a Muslim fast food store purchase bottles of beer and brought this to my attention. I came closer and saw the bottles being put inside the bag and asked the cashier if they were soft drinks, but she told me they were beer and even gave me the trade name. This brother is a Muslim he works for a well known Take Away on a main street within a Muslim community and I tried speaking to the manager but they would not give me his contact details. I think the brother suspects that I know about this and that is why he asked why I wanted to contact his manager. Tbh, I just wanted to tell the manager to take care of his employees and keep an eye out on them, without point at anyone, I wanted him to be aware this is going on and that it was not going to help his business if other Muslims found out that one of the men working there is purchasing alcoholic drinks. But as I said they didn't give me his phone number. 

So I have notified some responsible Muslims who will discuss the issue with an Imam. I said to them that I felt responsible that if other younger Muslim may watch him purchasing alcohol they may get encouraged to drink it, but I reminded them that they should try to conceal his sin, so that Allah will cover ours and I did not give them his name, but only the name of the fast food store.

I don't know if I did the right thing. I don't know what will happen.  The sister I spoke to said it was important they knew about it as they would like to speak to him diplomatically about this. I feel confused, because I don't know how the brother will may take it or will understand why this is wrong to do what he's doing. I think he knows we saw him purchase alcohol, but I don't know if he bought those bottles of beer to drink for himself, or for someone else.

Any suggestions from Muslims will be appreciated.

Jazak Allahkhair

Replies:
Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:47pm
Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim,

Asslamaualiakum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

The very first and most important thing we all muslims should be doing for each other (and most especially in a world of today) is to make excessive dua for eachother's Imaan - its firmness and our steadfastedness in religion.

The very first chapter of the Quran is a dua, where Allah has taught us the best way of spplicating to Him ... we may note that in this supplication we say 'guide us' to the straight path  (as opposed to guide me to the straight path)... thus Allah has indicated to us the adab of dua is to include ev�ry muslim's well being and integrity of imaan, khair insha Allah.

The adab of enjoining good and forbiding evil is that one may correct a person when  a wrong action is being done - this means one cannot go checking others when they have already finished doing the action. Therfore the best thing, if it was possible for you was to stop the brother when he was in the process of buying alchohol. A gentle advice or words of caution are best ways to begin with.

Spreading the word about him may amount to gheebah, and Allah knows best.
Spying on his activities is also forbidden in sharia, so please take care.

If you know which mosque the brother frequents, you may breath a general word of caution to the imaam, that he may give a dars if possible on the prohibitiveness of alcohol, however telling the imaam specifically pointing at the brother would be disclosing his sin.

It is said that of all the duties of religion, the most difficult is to enjoin good and forbid evil. We all must learn the sharia rulings of discharging this duty and take much care in carying it out. Like in all other acts of worship, our aim in this as well is only the good pleasure of Allah subhanahu wa ta�la.

And success is through Allah.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:38am

Salams Nausheen,

You haven't obviously READ my message. I know all of what you just said, I am a Muslim and I am not ignorant about my deen, so please, it's very impolite to attack me with Shariah in a way as if I have done something wrong or 'unislamic'. I have tried to correct him, by asking other Muslims in a better position to deal with this, who are more knowledgeable and they will ask the Imam, understood? If I corrected him, it would mean talking infront of strangers who are watching us and embarrasing him. He is working with a whole group of brothers there. I HAVE NOT TOLD ANYONE WHO THE PERSON IS,THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME. SO WHAT GHEEBA ARE YOU REFERRING TO? If you see a wrong you should correct it with your hand, if not with your hand then with your tongue... is that not correct? 

So many Muslims came to the Prophet and his wives to talk about social ills and problems related to them or their families, wasn't that 'gheeba'? 

Wasalam

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:39am
I am looking for brothers and sisters who can respond to this senistive issue with ISLAMIC ADAB, not with condemnation, patronsing comments and put downs.

Jazak Allahkhair

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:56am
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister fareeda, I think sister Nauseen has done her best to reply to your concerns. Please don't take it personal. The purpose of this private forum is to correct ourselves so that we may do better in public. Let us all, including me, look at the wider objective of dawah.

May Allah guide us all. Smile

Wassalam,

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:17pm

Insha Allah I will try to clarify two matters that were posed in your above post.

1. Enjoining the good and forbidding the evil is a communal obligation and NOT a personal obligation.  This means amr bil ma'aroof and sahih anil munkar must be performed by those who have qualified scholarship of the deen. Therfore if such people are present in a society, then the obligation is lifted from ordinary muslims.
Therefore, as said before, if one sees people who are engaged in clear wrong actions, one may inform about the incident to the imaam of a mosque (without labeling any particular person) and leave the matter to the imaam as to how this may be dealt with.

another point that may be mentioned here is that having apathy towards the masiyah of Allah is not what is meant by staying away from commanding good, forbidding evil - rather it being a communal obligation means,  one should be having concreat knowledge of the deen and skills of dawah before taking on this responsibility such that no greater harm is done by the very act of amr bil ma'roof nahih anil munkar than the action which is being corrected.

2. Gheeba by scholarly consensus is anything said about a muslim or a protected non-muslim, that he or she may dislike.
If the person is guilty of the act, then this is gheeba, and if one is not guilty of the action then it is slander.

and Allah knows best.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:18pm
Salams,

Peace Maker, s/he has been really harsh and judgemental and accused me of doing gheeba which is really is out of bounds of Islam and yet you have said nothing about her accusations, but instead you're telling me that I should listen to her, while neglecting what I said in my posts,  is this fair?

I give her the benefit of the doubt, because I am sure her intentions were good at heart. S/he has some good qualities I am sure, but I can't understand why instead of greeting me everyone attacking me and making me think I am doing something wrong and sinful each time I have posted, since I have joined this forum only couple of days ago, esp. when I am trying my best and only asking about what else I needed to do in this situation Islamically? Plus, I think I had done my best, Allah knows my intentions.

Anyway, I have asked the sister now not to tell the Imam, so this brother if he is drinking will continue it as I am not in the position to help him understand.

The burden of irresponsibility lies on this ummah for the incorrect advice and lack of understanding and empathy in how to treat such problems.

May Allah bless.

Wasalam

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:35pm
Sister Nausheen,

Assalamualaikum

Firstly, writing in bold and being hostile only shows arrogance. I already know most of the things you have posted, because long ago when I was only a teen I met plenty of sisters who condemned me to hell with umpteen quotes such as these and you know what? I nearly left Islam, if it weren not for good spiritual Muslims whom I met on my path while going through trauma. 

I was 'switching off' while reading your post so be careful of intimidation and acting as if only you have the authority on understanding God's word, as you may literally drive really good Muslims out of Islam with your tongues and attitude if you continue this way all teaming up against one user seeking counsel, guidance and support and in case you did not know this is different from your patronising tone of lecturing and condemnation.

I know what backbiting and slandering is and if you are not careful, you will have to bring evidence in the courts of Allah why you are condemning me all the time while giving only your view point on gheeba when the question was how to help Muslims to stop drinking alcohol and bring them closer to the deen and how to go about it.

I am not going to do what you say according to your interpretation of Islam and I will not be manipulated into your school of thinking, whatever that is, it certainly doesn't seem to be like the gentle manner which our beloved Prophet did dawa with believers!

We are completely different personalities and once Muslims disagree with one another about a ruling, you should know that something is wrong in the interpretation of the deen, somewhere, and the fault does not necessarly lie all with me.

This is my advice to you. I do not want you to post in a hostile bold manner Sister Nausheen, so please keep away if you can not be courteous or if you are all going to continously patronise and pick faults on me for nothing making me to appear as a great sinner.

Wasalam

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:03pm

To Nausheen:

RE: Enjoining the good and forbidding the evil is a communal obligation and NOT a personal obligation. 

Who says so? You? Where is your evidence?

Re: This means amr bil ma'aroof and sahih anil munkar must be performed by those who have qualified scholarship of the deen.

Who says so? You? Where is your evidence? Did the sahaba have a certificate of scholarship? Are popular scholars never wrong? Do they never commit sins? We have Imams and religious people here who beat children, gamble, drink alcohol and live on benefits while receiving other zakat from the masjid.

Therfore if such people are present in a society, then the obligation is lifted from ordinary muslims.

Who says so? You? Where is your evidence?

Therefore, as said before, if one sees people who are engaged in clear wrong actions, one may inform about the incident to the imaam of a mosque (without labeling any particular person) and leave the matter to the imaam as to how this may be dealt with.

Which I had done! Where have you acknowledged that I have in your post?  Remember it was you accused me of doing gheeba and you have still not apologised for dishonouring another Muslim.

Anyway I told them not to do anything to save the man's sanity from people who may condemn him and drive him further from Islam (as I have been attacked here on the net).

Another point that may be mentioned here is that having apathy towards the masiyah of Allah is not what is meant by staying away from commanding good, forbidding evil - rather it being a communal obligation means,  one should be having concreat knowledge of the deen and skills of dawah before taking on this responsibility such that no greater harm is done by the very act of amr bil ma'roof nahih anil munkar than the action which is being corrected.

Please translate that in clear English and you are contradicting your earlier statements.

2. Gheeba by scholarly consensus is anything said about a muslim or a protected non-muslim, that he or she may dislike.

Do you think I do not read the Quran or that I do not know what Backbiting is?

If the person is guilty of the act, then this is gheeba, and if one is not guilty of the action then it is slander.

Do you think I do not read the Quran or that I do not know this or what slandering is?

Now, can you please kindly stop lecturing in a holier-than-thou attitude?

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:34pm
Are you telling me all this? Do you think it is correct to write in bold? Do you honestly think that sending this post in LARGE BOLD text is going to go through anyone? Honestly what makes you think I am so dumb that I don't know what gheeba is, what slandering is, or that I would do such a thing to another Muslim and want to harm him or his honour?

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

The very first and most important thing we all muslims should be doing for each other (and most especially in a world of today) is to make excessive dua for eachother's Imaan - its firmness and our steadfastedness in religion.

The very first chapter of the Quran is a dua, where Allah has taught us the best way of spplicating to Him ... we may note that in this supplication we say 'guide us' to the straight path  (as opposed to guide me to the straight path)... thus Allah has indicated to us the adab of dua is to include ev�ry muslim's well being and integrity of imaan, khair insha Allah.

The adab of enjoining good and forbiding evil is that one may correct a person when  a wrong action is being done - this means one cannot go checking others when they have already finished doing the action. Therfore the best thing, if it was possible for you was to stop the brother when he was in the process of buying alchohol. A gentle advice or words of caution are best ways to begin with.

Spreading the word about him may amount to gheebah, and Allah knows best.
Spying on his activities is also forbidden in sharia, so please take care.

If you know which mosque the brother frequents, you may breath a general word of caution to the imaam, that he may give a dars if possible on the prohibitiveness of alcohol, however telling the imaam specifically pointing at the brother would be disclosing his sin.

It is said that of all the duties of religion, the most difficult is to enjoin good and forbid evil. We all must learn the sharia rulings of discharging this duty and take much care in carying it out. Like in all other acts of worship, our aim in this as well is only the good pleasure of Allah subhanahu wa ta�la.

And success is through Allah.

Re: The very first and most important thing we all muslims should be doing for each other (and most especially in a world of today) is to make excessive dua for eachother's Imaan - its firmness and our steadfastedness in religion.

What mkes you think that I would not?

Re: The very first chapter of the Quran is a dua, where Allah has taught us the best way of spplicating to Him ... we may note that in this supplication we say 'guide us' to the straight path  (as opposed to guide me to the straight path)... thus Allah has indicated to us the adab of dua is to include ev�ry muslim's well being and integrity of imaan, khair insha Allah.

And you forgot to name the chapter which is called Surah Fatiha, even children know this. So don't you think telling this to an adult Muslim that this will sound patronising and will sound off topic in a thread about helping a brother to stop drinking alcohol?

Re: The adab of enjoining good and forbiding evil is that one may correct a person when  a wrong action is being done - this means one cannot go checking others when they have already finished doing the action.

What makes you think I am checking up on him, astaghfirllah? Is your comment full of Islamic adab?

Re: Therfore the best thing, if it was possible for you was to stop the brother when he was in the process of buying alchohol.

Yes sure right in the middle of the supermarket when he has already paid for theh stuff and most of the bottles were in his bag and he shot off like a rocket..yeah sure with kids around me, I can catch him while feeling totally shocked, thanks that's great consideration on your part.

Re: A gentle advice or words of caution are best ways to begin with.

Sure, now practice what you preach.

Re: Spreading the word about him may amount to gheebah...

You are slandering. As if I didn't know what a 'great' solution to the crisis spreading rumours about him would be!

Re: Spying on his activities is also forbidden in sharia, so please take care.

Thanks for slandering me again! Sure I'll go and spread rumours about the poor guy, he was already depressed a couple of weeks ago let's bash him and humiliate him...Honestly who do you think you are talking to? Where is your Islamic adab and respect for others?

Re: If you know which mosque the brother frequents, you may breath a general word of caution to the imaam, that he may give a dars if possible on the prohibitiveness of alcohol,...

No he does not go to the Mosque and tbh, I am not a man. Women are not allowed in this mosque, so first, try giving dars to them about how the prophet allowed women in the masjid, please.

Re: ...however telling the imaam specifically pointing at the brother would be disclosing his sin.

Again you are pointing fingers at me and you don't even know me. So practice what you preach.

Re: It is said that of all the duties of religion, the most difficult is to enjoin good and forbid evil.

I disagree with you, as you found it pretty easy to slam me about and intimidate me. The most difficult task for Muslims I believe is the 'jihad of the nafs', then to have good moral character, to keep unity and to do justice amongst ourselces and to remove traces of shirk & hypocrisy!

Re: We all must learn the sharia rulings of discharging this duty and take much care in carying it out.

Incorrect. We need to learn the Quran & Sunnah to submit Only to Allah and His Messenger and to complete our Faith - La ilaha Il Allah Muhammadur Rassul Allah.

Quran 2:42

"O ye who believe! Stand out firmly For justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin..."

Quran 4:59

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:27pm
Assalamu Alaikum Sr. Fareeda,

On the "outside" post you said you are doing "dawa work".  That's great, may Allah help you be successful dawa worker, may Allah reward you for that.
I have some suggestion, if you don't agree please ignore it, I wanted to mention it on the "outside post" but probably not proper. I said this because you are my sister in Islam. Moreover I am really-really want you will be successful dawa worker

- You are very sensitive to the people who don't not agree with you.
On this topic, you had ask some opinions on how to take care this young brother who like to buy alcohol beverages. Sr. Nausheen sincerely tried to give you her opinion that you asked for, she tried to spend time on this on her very busy schedule.  Apparently you misinterpret her response and you look so angry. I read and re-read her response, I found it just genuine response, nothing that put you down. You rised many things about her, including her "bold" post that nothing to do with her response itself. I  think you need to appreciate other opinion and respond properly in case is not in-line with yours.

- You are very judgmental, you said Sr. Nausheen is arrogant just because her "bold" post. You said I put you down  because you are female, just because I said "cool down". So you need to do a little more research and observation before you judge somebody such and such. By the way judging somebody is not nice thing to do.

To be successful dawa worker we need excellence personality, like you said in the outside post as "good moral". Patience, caring, polite, respect etc, after the personality we also need to be strategic and wise. Strategic and wise mean like when the "ummah" still like to drink, Allah only said don't "drunk" when you perform shalat, other example when the Bedouin pee in the prophet mosque, the prophet forgave him easily even if the shahabah want to punish even kill him.

Try to make friend as much as possible and collaborate with them to achieve the bigger goal,  even if there is a little difference in a less important  issue. In this case you like to make enemy with me with Sr. Nausheen just caused by a little misunderstanding.

Alhamdulillah our deen have a lot of good stuffs to sell, by the help of Allah in the west it sold good even if we don't have enough good quality dawa worker compare to other faiths. However in the third world (poor) countries they sold better, because the personality of the preachers play bigger role compare in the west that many of them (converts) were
autodidact.

Anyway may Allah bless and guide us to be good "messenger" for his deen. Smile

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:14pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Dear sis Fareeda, i was going thru your posts all these days. You do have good spirit to spread Islam, which is a great blessing. Masha-Allah. Will it not be good if we mould our posts with bit softness. Insha-Allah , sister they shall then turn up lives of people around you, believe me !

May be the experiences of your life had made you bit sensitive. InshaAllah, Allah swt shall soon help us to over come our weaknesses. You are doing a great job and so we hold a big responsibility.

Regarding the problem you addressed, it was not just your problem but a general problem. We are looking to as how to approach such problem. It was not exactly addressed  to you, but as a whole. Hope sister, you shall say sorry to all those whom you have hurted. { Even if it was unintentional }. IC is a good place, which you must have realised by now. It shall be a wonderful experience to spend our time when we tolerate each other and love each other for the sake of Allah swt. Will you not do it sister ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:00am
To Semar and Others

Why are you all here to attack and reprimand me for nothing?

Why are you all acting as if you are masters and I am just a lowly slave to you all? Are you all moderators here? Do you own this site?

Moderators should only moderate the forum without hatred and prejudice and should support new members and be totally fair even if it is against them selves as Allah swt says in the Quran.

Why are you all supporting sister Nausheen for her intimidatory comments?

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=54219&FID=90 - seekshidayath Alhamdulillah my posts are soft as possible, I do not see anything unislamic or wrong with them. If you find the quran verses and the truth too hard then that is not my fault.

I said it a nice, kind manner earlier, see my intitial post, it was Nausheen who was harsh, not me, so how do you derive the conclusion that I should appologise to 'everyone' what do you mean? It was Nausheen in this thread who has accused me of gheeba. You are mistaken not I and your post should be to Nausheen not to myself. You all should be completely fair and do justice for the sake of Allah and be completely fair.

Quoting http://www.islamicity.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=54219&FID=90 - seekshidayath : Re: "Hope sister, you shall say sorry to all those whom you have hurted."

I don't know what you on earth you mean that I should say "sorry to all those who I have been hurted. Excuse me but you are lying and patronising by asking me to "apologise" as if I am a small child. If you know I am a practicing Muslim this should not even be an issue. In fact you and Nausheen should apologise for not answering the problem but dwelling on how to manipulate, intimidate and control me as well as abuse by slandering me and putting me down, ever since I first entered IC. You all have wasted a lot of my precious time in your bullying and intimidation. Do you really follow Islam at heart? Or are you here only to pick at someone who is stronger in their deen?

These are Nausheed's remarks:

Quote Nausheen:

Spreading the word about him may amount to gheebah, and Allah knows best. Spying on his activities is also forbidden in sharia.

Nausheen must never insinuate backbiting and slandering on this board to any Muslim when that is not even the topic and those who said I had been 'verbally abusive' and 'not kind' who have been attacking me for days even in my intro which I had to delete. I think such patronising remarks are very harsh and bery wrong. There is adab how we greet and talk to each other and this si not the way.

Please think Islamically before you pick at me again. as you are not helping me in this forum because so far all you have been doing is condescending, patronising and picking at me while ignoring others weaknesses and faults in the discourteous manner they have atacked me

This is a discussion forum, we can debate and argue in an islamic manner but in the end no one has the right to control, others and be unfair or judgemental or use emotional abuse to derrogate and to be sarcastic.

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:01am
I have not come here to argue with you Semar, I supported you initially in the homosexuality thread and don't understand why you have followed me here to ridicule and humiliate me. Br Semar I want to ask you where is your Islamic adab ?

Do you honestly think your behaviour at the moment is islamic when you do not even know me you pass such drasitic judgements at me?

I came here for support not attacks. What support have you offered so far? Look at the manner you all attack me, is this good? Is it right?

You act as if you run this site, who are you to interfere and start up another quarrel which is haram in Islam?

Obey God and His Messenger and do not quarrel amongst yourselves lest you lose heart and your momentum disappear. And be steadfast. God is with the steadfast. (Surat al-Anfal: 46)

Re: You very judgmental, you said Sr. Nausheen is arrogant

Prove that I am judgemental. It's okay to read part of my posts without understanding but not Nausheen's? Wow, it seems Nausheen is someone very special to all of you is that right? Is she also a Moderator? Your wife?

Why all the unfairness? What about her accusations and her judgemental remarks, her impolite and cold manner of disucssing etc and what about yours? Are you all envious of me? It seems like it.

Do you honestly think quarreling and all of you ganging up against me is Islamic? Is this how you do dawa? Is it really Islamic?

Allah says in the Quran:

First it was Nauhseen picking on me, then the moderator and now you picking on me, others have picked up on me in other threads. With what type of sensitivity do you care about new forum members asking simple ethical questions? Is it really that hard?

Look at my initial post and compare, use your wisdom. When I saw the first post in this forum, I like the response about the hadith so I come here and boom! Big bold, judgmental posts attacking ME intsead of dealing with the topic.  If you can not answer the querry then why don't you just simply not respond instead adding yourself with other 5 users attacking me as I am only one woman? Have you no shame?

Is this how you treat and attack your real sisters? Then no wonder the down fall with this ummah. You should know it is haram to lie, neglect the truth, oppress and to waste others time and to belittle and mock slander and so on. 

When I say bold I not only mean bold only in type script but also in attitude and language. This is why I think you are failing in this forum with your communication and language skills. You are deliberately here attacking me in this forum, and if you all don't stop then I am going to leave and will think that most of the users here are moderators hiding behind other names only to abuse this islamic board with your prejudice and hatred and in order to HARRASS and intimidate believers in the way you continue to be prejudiced against me and keep on attacking again and again which I call oppression - dhulm!

This is called a personal attack where I live and this is wrong! Because as Muslims you shouldn't engage in such activities and if you are a muslim you should mind your business s if you can not give appropriate dawa related to the subject title or help empathise - which obviosuly MOST of you can't do.

I hope there is an adminsitrator who is watching over our discussion because all of you seem only to pick at the way I choose to discuss even though most of the time I have only tried to say,  what is islamic. I have always been courteous to the best of my ability if you do not like to hear the truth that is not my problem. you also need to go to college to learn English because you do not undertsand or appreaciate language skills. It is quite simple when someone says this sounds arrogant that it does not mean I am saying the person is arrogant but yes it is arrogance to boldly declare others as slanderers without an Islamic greeting, introduction but blatant condesceding remarks without appraching in an islamic manner or adab or using wisdom in answering a simple topic. It just goes to show really how ignorant this ummah is becoming.

You know what? You all appear as a gang set out against me ever since I have joined. It's like as if I am being chased by hounds. Soon I will not even be in this forum if you all continue attacking me this way.  Just read through all my posts in each forum I have been attacked personally. No one has bothered discussing the issue hand. I even had to delete asking advice becasue it was all negativity which you promote. How much have you slandered, picked and ostracised on one user - me. Who do I have as a defence except myself and I will speak the truth and defend myself if wronged because dhulm, oppresion is completely haram and sinful, just remember that. You have no right to judge and sander me or to group up against me

Astaghfirullah! I simply do not like repeated rhetoric in manipulation, and I am old enough to know the difference.

The Quran says:

Those who disbelieve are the friends and protectors of one another. If you do not act in this way (protect each other) there will be turmoil in the land and great corruption. (Surat al-Anfal: 73)

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:18am
Assalamu laikum Sr. Fareeda,

Not only me that think you are too sensitive and sometime over reactive and not wise, here I copied your conversation with Ron and suggestion from Sr. Shasha Aunt:

===
Ron: "As for me, I am not a Muslim, so although I would be happy to make some suggestions I don't think you would find them suitable. "

Sr. Fareeda: No thank you.

I am not in need of your suggestions already had plenty from non-muslims and tbh, I am tired of non-muslim advice 24/7.

Ron:
Just to be clear, I apologized because you were offended and that was not my intention; but the only "message" I got was to stay far, far away from you.  I still don't know what I said that provoked your reaction.

But let's not dwell on it.  To others in the forum: fareeda came here looking for advice (and obviously not from me).  Perhaps that can be the topic of this discussion?

====

Response from sister shasha's aunt about Sr. Fareeda's response to Ron:

Sister:

I can understand you being distressed, depressed and unhappy, but Islamically we should respond kindly and always think of the dawa. Just because someone is not Muslim does not mean they are not insightful or are being patronising, arrogant, selfish, or ignorant.  My family and some friends are non-Muslim and they are none of the above and often much more sympathetic and supportive than Muslims I know.

May Allah help you find friends and support, Insha'Allah

====

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:26am
Semar you could not have possibly have read my message or understood it in such a short time. You are simply patronising and attacking me again you are just bullying! Not only this, but you are also a liar. you have only half-pasted Ron's remarks on to this thread. Aren't you ashamed calling yourself a muslim then supporting others over beleivers and at teh same time manipulating this forum and scandalizing me to suit your ego?

Just because 'you' think I am sensitive doesn't mean it's true and hey, so what if I am? Hadrat Aisha was also very sensitive. Why are you bullying me is it because I am a woman? It seems you are all chavanists, you compare me with others and use other user names or your friends/spouses to harass, bully and intimidate me online!

How can you judge me in two days? Is this behaviour Islamic? Let Allah be the judge of me. I don't see anything wrong in what I said and why you all keep picking on my comments, it should be Ron whom you should be nagging, not me, he was being sarcastic when he made those comments, in case you don't undertsand sarcasm and put downs, please go to college to learn English and study hard.

And when are you going to actually answer the initial question in this thread? This is a discussion board and Islamic one at that! So what is your probblem, is it ENVY? Why don't you answer this?

Why are you bringing up a different topic in this thread without even posting the link?

Why don't you mind your own business? I don't want you to enter my threads only so that you attack me, so please keep out if you have no Islamic adab when responding to me.

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:57am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Assalamu laikum Sr. Fareeda,

Not only me that think you are too sensitive and sometime over reactive and not wise, here I copied your conversation with Ron and suggestion from Sr. Shasha Aunt:

Why are you posting hers and Ron's "half" message here? What is your point and intention by doing this?

I have given them my full response in the appropriate thread:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12374&PID=104007#104007 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12374&PID=104007#104007

Be objective and don't search for faults in other Muslims unnecessarily.

Please read everything before you intimidate and patronize me and don't lie pasting half messages from other topics and old disputes into new threads as this only creates disunity and fitna.

Wasalam

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:25am
Assalamu alaikum Sr. Fareeda,

Re: Hadrat Aisha was also very sensitive.
Yes she was and on top of that she was very wise and had very good self control.

Why are you bringing up a different topic in this thread without even posting the link?
Here the link:
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12374&PN=3 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12374&PN=3  
Please read the post on the link and put you as somebody else such as Ron or other contributor there and feel it.

How can you judge me in two days?
With the right tool and equipment my doctor can "judge" me in less than 10 minutes.

Why don't you mind your own business? 
Yes I don't mind, however you said you want to do dawa, so you should deal with peoples even if they against you, that what the Prophet PBUH did. (I am not against you though).

I don't want you to enter my threads only so that you attack me, so please keep out if you have no Islamic adab.

I will not enter your conversation again. Just again re-read all your post and pretend the post is nothing to do with you and pretend you are not Fareeda and make a conclusion how is Fareeda behave. Or ask your husband to read the post and make conclusion about Fareeda. 

May Allah bless and guide us all.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:33am
Salams,

Now look in the mirror and practice this:

Just again re-read all your post and pretend the post is nothing to do with you and pretend you are  Fareeda and make a conclusion how others behave. Or ask your wife to read the post and make conclusion about Semar. 

As for Hadrat Aisha I mentioned her only because you were being patronizing and judgmental and have been picking on me accusing me of being sensistive etc. No woman can be better than the mother of the believers, what makes you think I think of myself better than her? 

What makes you think I have no self control? Do you think you can stop me from speaking the truth or posting when I wish, how much I want to, just because you don't like it and find it a sensitive issue?

Now look in the mirror. Before you started attacking me in the moderator thread and here, where and when have I accused you or Nausheen or Shasta Aunt of being sensitive? Look at my initial post, you only known me to post for two days and you are ready to fight. THIS IS WRONG - PERIOD Posting debasing responses from other threads issues that have got nothing to do with you, old disputes -THIS IS WRONG. It is unislamic and none of your business and you all are just condescending and full of hatred.

You have only come to this thread to enjoy attacking me with all the rest of the gang. You are simply a male chauvanist, bully with all the rest!

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:43am
What have I done incorrect by posting this? How am I too sensitive or being a bad Muslim? In fact was asking an appropriate question to others to help me decide but look at how you all ganged up on me above, for one, simple post:

Salams,

Like to know your advice on this. My child saw one Muslim person we know from a Muslim fast food store purchase bottles of beer and brought this to my attention. I came closer and saw the bottles being put inside the bag and asked the cashier if they were soft drinks, but she told me they were beer and even gave me the trade name. This brother is a Muslim he works for a well known Take Away on a main street within a Muslim community and I tried speaking to the manager but they would not give me his contact details. I think the brother suspects that I know about this and that is why he asked why I wanted to contact his manager. Tbh, I just wanted to tell the manager to take care of his employees and keep an eye out on them, without point at anyone, I wanted him to be aware this is going on and that it was not going to help his business if other Muslims found out that one of the men working there is purchasing alcoholic drinks. But as I said they didn't give me his phone number. 

So I have notified some responsible Muslims who will discuss the issue with an Imam. I said to them that I felt responsible that if other younger Muslim may watch him purchasing alcohol they may get encouraged to drink it, but I reminded them that they should try to conceal his sin, so that Allah will cover ours and I did not give them his name, but only the name of the fast food store.

I don't know if I did the right thing. I don't know what will happen.  The sister I spoke to said it was important they knew about it as they would like to speak to him diplomatically about this. I feel confused, because I don't know how the brother will may take it or will understand why this is wrong to do what he's doing. I think he knows we saw him purchase alcohol, but I don't know if he bought those bottles of beer to drink for himself, or for someone else.

Any suggestions from Muslims will be appreciated.

Jazak Allahkhair

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 2:50am
Amazing welcome I found in this forum.

If any of you do not like my personality, then simply keep away from my discussions and allow Allah to be the Judge.

There is no compulsion in Islam!

Wasalam

Date Posted: 10 May 2008 at 5:25am
Quran 11:13

"Allah will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves"

I am really and truly ashamed to know that all the brothers and sisters attacking me were mostly all moderators hiding behind user names who have mistreated me so badly esp. in this closed forum where no one else can see what is happening. So http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2535 - Nausheen is a Moderator  I hate to think how others have been treated on this site. I don't know what Allah will say to you all grouping together against me like this, on the Day of Judgment. And yet you blame me for it and ask me to apologize. You really should be ashamed of yourselves to mistreat vulnerable Sisters like myself.

So the other thread was closed not because I asked for it, but because even Israfil could see what was going on how 'Ron' and 'Aunt Shasta' were treating me. This is manipulation of the forum only to suit your egos and self respect.

I hate personal attacks as they are so degrading and disabling.

This is the reason why I keep well away from judgmental, antagonizing, arrogant, condescending, patronizing, bullying type of abusive Muslims who only like to put others down and why I am so defensive against this kind of behaviour.

IC also posts Jamal Bradawi's lectures, but I just hope and pray that he is not running this site because if he is I will lose all my respect for prominent Muslims. I certainly don't want to be a part of this community after what they have done and I am very reluctant to meet anyone similar to those who have attacked me.

I am leaving as I am sure you will be happy that I have gone. Don't bother responding because I do not wish to read your responses. There is no one here except yourselves, now I know the reason why no one else is responding to my posts and why no one is here posting.

You were all very judgmental, I told you the truth about your characters to awake you, whether or not you liked it. Those who preach about kindness, respect, self control, acceptance, not slandering or spreading rumours, etc need to practice what they say the most. Little did I realize that I am talking to moderators and admin staff of IC!

There is no 'jammah' for me and never has been and not for many decent Muslims. I thank Allah I am not in America or Canada! I know some isolated Muslims who have had very bad times with Muslims there and I have every sympathy for them, because now I understand fully why. Having friends such as you, who would need enemies? I am happy without such 'friends'.

You do not know my life or the damage you are capable of with your unfair and unbearable demands and the amount of my time you wasted online. I suggest you get your iman in order, before running such a site like this.

Wasalam

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:19am
Auzubillahi minash Shaitan ir Rajeem,

Assalamualaikum Fareeda,
You have had many issues with my post - I am not sure if I will be able to explain everything.

1. I am not using bold, I am only using Times New Roaman with size 4, so it might look bold - and I was not aware of this. I know bold is offensive, and I apologise if my post appeared so on the face of it.

2. I am not a moderator. I resigned approximately two years ago.  They continue to give me the moderator access out of sheer generosity - I am not using any of it on this site.

3. I am very busy with my life these days, so it is too hard to get into a long discussion. You have raised many questions on the authenticity of what I said - I can only say that I studied shafii fiqh recently, and was writing from Shaykh Amjad Rasheed's manual on the fiqh which says that amr bil ma'roof nahi anil munkar is a communal responsibility.

4. one last thing ... if you read again, I said on the lines .... talking about the brother "may" amount to gheebah, and Allah knows best. As far as my knowledge of English language goes, the use of words " may " and " might " cannot be equated to something said with surity - I was therefore not using the sentence structure to accuse you of anything.

5. It is obvious my writings are too bad and have caused much distress to you. Insha Allah I will try not to increase in anymore of that.  I take your advice and step back from this discussion. If possible please excuse my shortcommings and forgive me.

To others:
Jazak Allahu khair to those who gave me a welcome on my return a few weeks ago. Apparently I am not helping anything here - insha Allah you who have stayed longer than myself are blessed with better skills to address issues like these, please do not weary yourselves for the sake of this poor soul. Continue in the good work. Barak Allahu Feekum. nausheen.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:46am
Assalamu Alaikum,

May Allah help and guide us all.

Wassalam,

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net