IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Philosophy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmerican Philosophy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:58am

Hanan, you have no idea what you are talking about, You don't even know Patty!!  

You been here for 3 weeks and you can profess to KNOW Patty, please!

Your post is so misjudged. Blackmailer, you call Patty a blackmailer - wow   for saying that she will NOT make emails public, wow. You have really lost it.

Your post speaks so much hate than Patty has even done. I tell you what Patty hate is those muslims terrorist who make this world an unsafe place, yes you can start up with that the biggest terrorist is Bush/america but it is not going to change the fact that alot of terrorist are muslim they profess to be, (oh yes you can start up with that they are not muslims blah blah, I have heard it over and over the years, but you don't even care also that you own people are doing killings and oppression of muslims! Patty doesn't hate muslims! for god's sake she has them as friends where she lives for goodness sake! And it really troubles her when she comes here that she does not get the same treatment that of kindness,peace and understand and tolerance THAT MUSLIMS PROFESS TO BE, No all you can do, as well as Herijad and now Duende show and give the opposite, you have no clue what respect is especial of those who are different and with different views and opinons. 

Patty has done nothing in recents days but try and understand why you guys have been so horrible to her, she has tried to set the record straight but every time she tries, you end up putting her down adn you don't listen to her!

You blame her for things that are not her fault, she maybe an american but doesn't always agree with the government. You blame her for things that the government does, how does that help or help with tolerance of another people?

You think Patty hates muslims, you should re-read your post again about america! I can see very clearly that there is so much hate here for amercia AND americans even if you don't say it and despite what you guys say that you don't hate americans your posts speaks it. ALL posts are negative! how is it that suppose to try and get tolerance and respect?? YOU want respect, then show it, STOP telling others to give it to you, it does not work that way. 

I don't live in america and of course I dislike somethings but I am no way like you guys are, you have so much contempt I think you have lost your vision and islamic vision. WHat is happen of late is the worst I have seen it, I have been here for nearly 5 years and honestly the ignorance that is happening is running high, thru the roof. 

I think my islamic teachings that I have learnt has gone out the window!

Of all my years here Hanan, your post is the most vilest post about a member. I am shocked and disgusted.

Your attitude, along with Herjihad (who I actually liked and had respect for) and Duende now, is the worst I have encountered here!

It is very sad.

It amazes me that some people can have this attitude, and I wonder if they were face to face with the other person and said exactly the same thing? I wonder if the courage would be there? but since being behind a screen and no one see you, I think some people find it easier to attack than they would face to face! sad!

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:48am
Hanan, I agree with you.

What's the official term for Patty's behaviour? Is it passive/
aggressive?

Cassandra, you're too nice. But it's not up to me to put a stop to
Patty's search. She declared she had seen and heard enough about
Islam, and I think that is a terrible shame. I agree with Hanan's
assessment: she came here with a mind set she was/is unnable to
alter, and no amount of professed love for fellow man can overcome
an innability to alter one's 'internal narrative'.

Patty recently lost her father, which is a dramatic experience it takes
some people years to overcome. Her state of mind and emotional
health is altered right now.. She is not really 'herself' and being the
kind of emotional dependent she seems to be, discussing emotive
subjects on this forum is not a good place for her right now.

Angel, I think the degree of passions we're witnessing here on the
forum is just a reflection of the state of things world wide: coming to
a head, is the expression. We are in the process, as we say in Spain,
of removing our masks.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:03am
Man! I love this place.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:15am

Assalamu alaikum,

I also agree with what Hanan has said.  Finally the Muslims are not mincing words in order to please the others.........it isn't a matter of manners nor of civility, it is our lives that are spinning out of all reason - time to put both feet on the ground.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Mohini View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:30am
Maybe everyone is being a little judgemental.   The whole world is spinning out of control.  Not just Muslims lives but everyones life and world.  We are our own undoing. 
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:35am

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

What's the official term for Patty's behaviour? Is it passive/
aggressive?

yeah and hanan's behaviour is agressive/aggressive.

Quote Cassandra, you're too nice. But it's not up to me to put a stop to
Patty's search. She declared she had seen and heard enough about
Islam, and I think that is a terrible shame. I agree with Hanan's
assessment: she came here with a mind set she was/is unnable to
alter, and no amount of professed love for fellow man can overcome
an innability to alter one's 'internal narrative'.

yes it is a terrible shame and the muslim community (some) has itself to blame for the attitude of non-muslims.

If Patty had a mind set in the beginning she would not have been here for 5 years, she would have continued being here and keep learning and interacting with muslims but the excessive personal insults thrown has made it impossible.

yes a terrible shame  

Quote Angel, I think the degree of passions we're witnessing here on the
forum is just a reflection of the state of things world wide: coming to
a head, is the expression. We are in the process, as we say in Spain,
of removing our masks.

Is that what you call it?.

Believe me, after witnessing many outburst like this, its got nothing to do with the state of the world.  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 1:27pm
Assalaamualaikum

We are forced to close this topic due to violation of these guidelines:

3. A generally pleasant demeanor and cordiality in language is requested during discussions. 

15. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion).

This thread has derailed and has turned into nothing but exchange of insults. We are mature adults and should refrain from such behaviour. Any member who breaks the guidelines repeatedly, will be banned.  All of us should follow the guidelines.

Peace to you all.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic