IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:35pm
Thanks, I will need this information later to abscond from my cat litter box cleaning duties, lol.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

Thanks, I will need this information later to abscond from my cat litter box cleaning duties, lol.

Or maybe train your cat to 'go' in the garden. They cover it up themselves . . . and so wont leave any gross 'reminders' :p Then you wont have to bother with litter and cat-poo.

Though I would suggest not worrying too much abt it, as long as u don't directly come into contact i.e. wearing gloves etc.

:)
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:17pm
I don't allow my cat outside because the few times I did she just raced right to the middle of the street.  My last cat was run over and killed that way so I can't bear to have that happen again.  The most I allow is a few minutes for her if I am sitting outside to get some sun.  If my cat even tries to head for the street then I grab her and take her inside.  Call it protective, but the memories are still fresh of the last cat and watching her die :( 

I had thought of gloves and wondered what others thought of that.  Thanks for bringing it up :)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 6:56am
Salams wife, I get protective of my cat too, he's often outside and knows his area, he's pretty good but when I'm outside in the front and he's somewhere around and a car comes by i wonder where he is trying to keep an eye out.
Mum once had a cat when she left for the day followed after her and there was a road to cross and accidently got hit.

I ususally don't like leaving and letting the cat out when I go, I perfer putting him out the back and so can't see me but I know he can see from under the house. Lately oscar's been leaving out the front with me when i leave and i keep saying to him, stay out of trouble & stay home :), he does watch me walk down the street thou. It was funny one day when i left he watched me and when i was out of sight oscar went into next door and sat in the grass and continued to watch me.

I understand your aprehensions.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing gloves, I would probably wash my hands thoroughly afterwards anyway.  
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic