IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The believer who has no book  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The believer who has no book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmTayyab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:47am
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Originally posted by UmTayyab UmTayyab wrote:

How can a man formulate such thoughts without any teaching or example?  

The same way religion started in the first place? The guy looks around and is impressed by what he sees and figures it was created by someone kinda clever and/or God puts the thought in his head. One assumes that's how prophets come to exist in the first place - God puts thoughts and words in their heads.

Kim...

I didn't realise before when I addressed you Kim (about horror stories) that you are not yet Muslim.  In Islam, we don't believe that "the guy looks around and is impressed..." but rather that Allah created Adam and his wife Hawa (Eve) and He taught Adam all the names of the created things, He taught them how to worship Him, He taught them how to repent to Him, and He taught them that their enemy was Iblis (Shaytan).  This was not an enlightenment through observation, but rather a direct communication from Allah. 

The Qur'an teaches us that Allah spoke directly to Adam and TAUGHT him, not inspired him.

Edited by UmTayyab
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by kim kim wrote:

]

The same way religion started in the first place? The guy looks around and is impressed by what he sees and figures it was created by someone kinda clever and/or God puts the thought in his head. One assumes that's how prophets come to exist in the first place - God puts thoughts and words in their heads.

Kim...

I think you know that Quran is not an inspired word of God to Mohammad but a revealed text brought by Angel Gaberial. Though, I don't deny inspiration being a channel of communication between God and his messanger, but this is not the only channel; especially with regard to Quran, it never was the channel. Rest God knows the best. 

Edited by AhmadJoyia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

.................People have a tendancy towards idolworship/ associating others with Allah(shirk), so Allah sends messengers, warners, and bringers of good tidings to the believers, an example is Noah, he was a a prophet, a believer and those with him on the ship were also believers, Allah drowned the others who refused the truth and stayed behind, but those who came after Noah, started to worship idols again, associate others with Allah.....so most people have a tendancy towards associating others with Allah. We should therefor fear Allah and be on our guard against it. .........

Your this part of the reply negates your own hypothesis that man alone from his deep innerself is sufficient to recognize the truth. Guidance from Allah is necessary to fight against the diversions of evil. Rest Allah knows the best.

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

]

I think you know that Quran is not an inspired word of God to Mohammad but a revealed text brought by Angel Gaberial. 

Ok, I'm slow - could you please explain the difference? (We are in the middle of moving everything back into place here at work after weeks and weeks of renovations, and I think I've packed my brain away in a box somewhere...)

Kim...

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 10:43pm

.................People have a tendancy towards idolworship/ associating others with Allah(shirk), so Allah sends messengers, warners, and bringers of good tidings to the believers, an example is Noah, he was a a prophet, a believer and those with him on the ship were also believers, Allah drowned the others who refused the truth and stayed behind, but those who came after Noah, started to worship idols again, associate others with Allah.....so most people have a tendancy towards associating others with Allah. We should therefor fear Allah and be on our guard against it. .........

Your this part of the reply negates your own hypothesis that man alone from his deep innerself is sufficient to recognize the truth. Guidance from Allah is necessary to fight against the diversions of evil. Rest Allah knows the best.

i never claimed that man alone from his deep innerself is sufficient to recognize the truth only by guidance of Allah can someone find the truth, my point was that people try to add to the faith, which is believing in One god, and working to gain His peace. They add things like:"you have to believe jesus is the son of god and he died for your sins on the cross, to be saved" or "you have to follow a madhab or be a salafi or shia to be guided" look at this verse from the koran:"2:135 They said: "Be Jews or Christians so that you will be guided." Say : Rather the way of Abraham the True(al haneef), and he was not of those who associate others with Allah."  Nowadays they say be a salafi, shia or a "madhabi" to be guided, there is no refference to Abraham anymore by most of these groups, since they follow another way than the way of Abraham. Abraham was not a jew, christian, salafi, madhabi, shia or whatever other groups and sects there are, he was one who did not associate others with Allah, and wished to please Him even if he had to slay his own son. Salaamun ala Ibraheem, A Peace is upon Abraham. He achieved Allah's Friendship.

Edited by Community

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 6:15am

i never claimed that man alone from his deep innerself is sufficient to recognize the truth only by guidance of Allah can someone find the truth, my point was that people try to add to the faith, which is believing in One god, and working to gain His peace. They add things like:"you have to believe jesus is the son of god and he died for your sins on the cross, to be saved" or "you have to follow a madhab or be a salafi or shia to be guided" look at this verse from the koran:"2:135 They said: "Be Jews or Christians so that you will be guided." Say : Rather the way of Abraham the True(al haneef), and he was not of those who associate others with Allah."  Nowadays they say be a salafi, shia or a "madhabi" to be guided, there is no refference to Abraham anymore by most of these groups, since they follow another way than the way of Abraham. Abraham was not a jew, christian, salafi, madhabi, shia or whatever other groups and sects there are, he was one who did not associate others with Allah, and wished to please Him even if he had to slay his own son. Salaamun ala Ibraheem, A Peace is upon Abraham. He achieved Allah's Friendship.

To this note I agree with you. Thanks for clarification otherwise the way the story started in your first post, got me confused. Here is your opening sentence "A man can be a believer without trusting in another man's words, for instance a man in a far jungle somewhere, thinks deeply and realizes that he, and everything else is created and sustained by One with great power, and that The One who creats and sustains everything is the only one who deserves to be worshipped."

Anyway, I got your point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 6:20am
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

]

I think you know that Quran is not an inspired word of God to Mohammad but a revealed text brought by Angel Gaberial. 

Ok, I'm slow - could you please explain the difference? (We are in the middle of moving everything back into place here at work after weeks and weeks of renovations, and I think I've packed my brain away in a box somewhere...)

Kim...

No, my dear Sis,

I don't want to waste your time if this topic has already been discussed elsewhere in this forum (If this is want you meant by "..and I think I've packed my brain away in a box somewhere..."). Just refer it to me and I shall look upon this.

However, if it has some other meaning, then I am sorry, I couldn't understand your thoughts (probably they are too high for me to understand). Kindly bring them down to my understanding i.e. a lowest of all humans. Thanks.

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 3:32pm

And this Quran is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah, but it is a confirmation of which was before it [i.e. Torah, Injeel (Gospel), etc], and a full explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt from the Lord of the 'Alam�n. [Quran, 10:37]

i think Kim might confuse AhmadJoyia's sentence. I think he said the Quran is not directly inspired to Muhammad, as in Allah don't directly speak to Muhammad -- but the Quran is revealed through the Angel Jibril (or Gabriel, I think). muslims believe Quran IS the words of Allah. Verse 10:37 makes it obvious that Allah created the Quran. it's just the way it's given to Muhammad, through the Angel. i hope it's clear.

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic