IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islaam for a Buddhist  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islaam for a Buddhist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 7:21am
allah said he's religion is islam anything else will not be expected, great post brother.
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 11:21am

Salam to all,

Allah hu Alim (Allah is the judge). Among Muslims this concept is so well known that I will go out on a limb and not quote sources for this. If I am challenged by my Muslim brothers or sisters on this point, then I will quote sources for this.

We as Muslims are not given the authority nor responsibility of deciding who will go to heaven or hell. We are told simply to encourage the good, and forbid the wrong according to the commandments of Islam. The wise Muslim is so preoccupied with attempting to secure his own salvation that he does not have any inclination to ponder on the final destination of others. Eternal salvation is not guaranteed, we all must WORK for it (although we cannot, strickly speaking, earn it and we all depend on the grace and mercy of Allah).

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:36pm
YUSUFALI: Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgiveth (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin.
SHAKIR: Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin.
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 7:16pm
Hi All!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your replies. They have helped me a lot.

Mr. Tasneem, thank you very much for your patient replies.

Mr. Tasneem, finding time, can you tell me about heaven and hell?

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 9:39pm

Assalamu'alaikum Brother Tasneem,

You are doing tremendous effort, masha Allah. However, it seems that your message is falling on varshaken's 'deaf ears'. All he does is thanking you and starting off another wide-open question...   

MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

I do not understand your statement: "(Don't even get me started on the whole praying-to-saints-thing)"

I have'nt discussed this anywhere as far as I can recall. In any case it is equally wrong.

Thanks, and no - I know you didn't mention it, that's why I put it in brackets to indicate it was just a thought popping into my head while I was typing.

I know there are some Christians around who believe that Catholics are not Real Christians (TM) because they prey (OOOPS!), I mean _pray_ to the saints, instead of praying straight to God. Silly really, I mean - does God need secretaries?

Kim...

Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 11:12pm

Mockba: Please don't judge anyone by what they write. What is the mind for? It is for everyone to think and make up their minds according to the faculties God has blessed us all with. Let us all pray that God guides us all to the Right path, irrespective of where we are born -  in a Muslim household or a non-Muslim household. It is easy for those of us who are born as Muslims to seek knowledge on Islam and I have nothing but appreciation for those born in other faiths to have the courage, the interest or curiosity to seek knowledge on Islam. I am happy with Varshaken's questions and I shall try to answer according to my limited capacity. And thankyou for your appreciation. The help is from Allah alone.

Thankyou also Kim. Unfortunately, it is not the Catholics alone who pray through saints, but there are some ignorant Muslims also in India who think it is alright to reach God via saints. Slowly the true message is reaching them. The approach to God for every human being is direct and this is what the Qur'an says.

Mr Varshaken, I shall reply to you tomorrow God willing.

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 12:05am
Jazzak Allahu Khair!
MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic