IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islaam for a Buddhist  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islaam for a Buddhist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 10:22am
Hi Mr. Tasneem!!!!!!!!

Thank you for answering me. Please forgive me for my english.
Yes, Mr.Mockba has answered me in a nutshell and I thank him.

Thank you for your patience to answer me.

You asked me the source of my knowledge. I got it from a very general source Mr. Tasneem. Its muhammad.net, answers.com, about.com and islamicity.com.
http://www.answers.com/muhammad
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/019913.htm?terms=islam
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/islam/blfaq_islam_qu ran.htm

You said, "There are many sources whose aim is to discredit Islam through false and foul means. There are many websites on the Internet as well as publications which have been written by people who have no credibility in presenting historical facts. A lot of people fear the spread of Islam and try their very best to mislead those who seek to gain or improve their knowledge on Islam." Mr. Tasneem, I did not find any site demeaning or defaming Islaam and obviously I would not go through those sites to get my knowledge. But I found many Islaamic sites which defame other religions. This is what I posted in another discussion.

Thank you for clearing me about Muhamad.

You said, "At the same time, unlike other religions we don�t turn the other cheek in submission. If oppressed God has permitted the Muslims in the Qur�an to retaliate and the retaliation should not exceed the injustice received. Also Muslims have been advised that forgiveness is better than retaliation. So, Mohammed (PBUH) did not allow Muslims to kill other people leave alone women unjustly."
But when you say "retaliate" it will not give the desired answers. Its common sense. If anyone beats me up and I go and beat him up then it will just escalate the hostility between both. Am I not true?

Its a common sense and common truth that hatred cannot be countered by hatred. Its love alone which conquers both body and mind. You said that you do not submit another cheek, but slapping him also will not solve the problem.:)
You say that God "permitted" Moslems.............. God save me............. I am afraid when you say such statements.:-((

You said Muhamad has enimies. Yes every great deed is definitely met with opposition. :(

You said, "
But he was on a mission from God. " How do we know that Muhamad is on a mission?

You said,"
He could not just sit in Madina to save his life. He had to face his enemies and cleanse Mecca of the idolatory that was being practised during that time."I do not understand your opposition to idolatry. I know that God has no form. But why do you give him names and call them "beautiful names"? Is it not as bad as idolatry? What is the difference between form and name? When I write "Allaah" is it not a form? You may say that you do not worship or pray to the form "Allaah" but you directly pray to Allaah. Similarly though idolators have a stone they definitely dont pray to the stone, they pray to which the stone signifies, that is God or Allaah. Its simple, everyone knows that stones cannot do anything. But then you go round and round of Caabaa and try to kiss the black stone. You drink the water from the Zamzam. Dont you? In another discussion, a member answered me that they are rituals and I have read elsewhere that because some prophet(I dont know his name, it may be Abraham) did that, thats why you do. If this is the case, why dont you consider the same thing with the idolators?

Another question, what do you imagine in your mind when you Namaaz? Your mind is definitely not blank. Even if your mind is blank, it should be either bright light or totally dark or simply said blank. But then even infinitely blank is a form isn't it? Its given a name formless..... But in most of the cases when you Namaaz, you think of Caabaa, isn't it? So when you are imagining Caabaa, you are praying to Caabaa. Though Caabaa is very sacred, but still it is not Allaah or God for you. So this means you can worship a form in your mind but cannot pray to a form outside. Right?

And do you believe that God is Omnipresent? If God is omnipresent, then he should be everywhere, which means he is also in the stone, rock, form etc. If God is everywhere, then everything is God.

If you seem to say that God is different from the creation, i.e., if you say or the Koran says that God is not omnipresent, then you are radically missing some point.

You said, "
Despite all his kind words his enemies were bent on removing him to save the religion that there fathers and forefathers practised. Mohammed (PBUH) had no choice but to face these people (who had oppressed him and persecuted him) to fight them in the battle field. " You initially said that Muhamad said forgiveness is better. But then he sought to fight the one who persecuted him. Does that mean that he preached forgiveness but he himself denying it? Its a basic instinct when anyone attacks a person or his/her beliefs which even his/her forefathers used to follow, then definitly they would revolt. There are many peaceful methods. War or revolt is not at all a solution. If war was a solution, then there would have been no world. War is just an effect.

You said,
"But there are no records to prove that he had been able to kill even one person! " I never said Muhamad killed.:)
But asking others to wage a war itself is a biggest mistake. Isnt it?

I am not basing these on some illogical premises. Just see, after Muhamad passed away, the war did not stop, it continued until Moslems conqured India. And you still see that same mindset followed for evil purposes in many countries. Sometimes they call it Jihad.

This is what I see in the world, but Sri Lankan Moslems are very peaceful. This may be because they are of local origin.

Thank you for giving me the premises or the rules followed during the war.:) Thank you also for clearing my future doubt about who is a Moslem.:)

Thanking you, hope you understand what I said.

Waiting for your reply.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 8:19pm

Mr Varshaken the sources of your information are not authentic except for Islamicity which I have not checked. As this is an Islamic website dedicated to Islam and presumably run by all Muslims I think they would have reliable sources of information. But as I said I have not gone through it and hopefully when I find the time I will go through the sources. As for all the other sources that you are relying on such as muhammad.net, answers.com and about.com I would not use these sources as I have had a quick look at these sites and I am not convinced that they are Islamic sources. If you continue relying on these sources you are going to be awfully confused and your questions here will be endless.

You have asked a number of questions which I cannot answer soon due to other work commitments but I shall refer you to some very useful books and a very good site for reading the Qur'an. You have earlier mentioned that you tried to read the Qur'an and could not understand it. This particular site has the Qur'an translated into English by three different translators. As each verse of the Quran has three different translations I would hope you will not have difficulty understanding it. This is the link:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Also you might find these sites useful:

http://www.wamy.co.uk/

There are also many other very good sites but I will not confuse you by overloading you.

As for some very good books please get hold of Towards Understanding Islam by Sayyid Abul A'la Maududi  OR   A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam. This is generally available free of cost, but you can read it online on this wesite http://www.islam-guide.com/

I will briefly attempt to answer one of your many doubts. You've written: "I do not understand your opposition to idolatry. I know that God has no form. But why do you give him names and call them "beautiful names"? Is it not as bad as idolatry? What is the difference between form and name? When I write "Allaah" is it not a form? You may say that you do not worship or pray to the form "Allaah" but you directly pray to Allaah."

The names of God signify His qualities. These qualities include amongst many meanings such as "The Creator, The All Merciful, The most Compassionate, The most forgiving, The dominant, The Holy" These names cannot be given to any of His creation. Worshipping any thing besides Him is trying to demean Him by equating Him with His creation. God has created everything in the universe and how can you keep a stone in front of you and pray to a worthless object. This is associating His creation with Him. Muslims don't pray to the Kaaba. Muslims turn in the direction of the Kaaba. This is because we have been instructed to by God in the Qur'an. There are certain instructions from God which Muslims follow without questioning and one of these is to perform the Haj once in our life time. There are certain rituals in its performance. While we may not fully understand its significance but we follow the commands of God without questioning. This is because a true Muslim believes in the Qur'an completely and has the assurance in their heart that it is the Word of God, not a man made religion.

To me while obeying God's command in facing towards the direction of the Kaaba during prayer, I see the sense of unity. At every second someone somewhere in the world is praying to God in the direction of the Kaaba. I think this is beautiful.

Once more I suggest you please take the time to read and understand the Qur'an and make use of the sources I have directed you to. I think you would benefit more by reading and thinking.

Edited by Tasneem
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 10:52pm
Hi Mr.Tasneem!!!!!

Thank you for replying me with patience. May God bless you!!!!!

Mr.Tasneem, I would never quote a website which demeans a religion. I browsed those websites because they are very general and are used by almost all internet geeks and are also best rated.:)

Mr.Tasneem, you can reply me whenever you find time. There is no compultion. But very thank you for replying me promptly.:)

And thank you also for giving me good websites.:)

But Mr.Tasneem, I think you havent read my post entirely. I have clearly explained as much I can.
I did not say that you pray to Caabaa.

From now I will not ask you many questions. I will ask you a few questions at a time.
The question is,
Do you believe or does Koran say that God or Allaah is Omnipresent?

I am ever thankful to you.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 12:51am

Originally posted by varshaken varshaken wrote:

Hi Mr. Mockba!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for answering me. First of all forgive my english. I am not good at it, I am trying to improve.

You were saying "We believe the words of a man who did not claim to be God, even though (considering his credibility) he could and would have been followed." Its strange.........how can we believe a man when he says that he is God?

No, we don't, but many do believe even when the man does not say so.

Quote You said,"It is God who says that He has sent Muhammad (peace be upon him) and not Muhammad (peace be upon him) himself." To whom did God say that Muhamad was sent by Him?

To me, to you and the rest of mankind. 

Quote Thank you for telling me the truth about peace. I thought Muhamad preached peace. I heard people saying Islaam means peace. So got confused.:)

Considering, and as you yourself admit that your English is not good (though it seems fine), may i suggest that you dont just start making wrong conclusions from my previous statement. Islam means submission, devotion, obedience to Allaah. Peace comes automatically. Islam does not extend a hand of peace and love to wickedness and evil, for example. If you want to learn about Islam, you should not learn  from what you "hear" people say about it... but from the source itself - the Qur'aan. [/QUOTE]

Quote By fidelity I said fidelity to oneself. I can never imagine marrying any other woman excepting my loved one. I can never imagine sleeping with another woman excepting my loved one. I did not say that he flirted.
Your meanings for fidelity, adultry, legal are totally different from mine. Legal means the law of the land. In Sri Lanka a man cannot have many wives or vice versa. What do you mean by fidelity and adultry?

Some can never imagine summer all year round. Just because one can't imagine does not mean it is not possible, does it? Your meaning of "winter" or "summer" is totally different from mine... same, goes with fidelity or adultery, i guess. In San Francisco, a man can marry a man and adopt a child... it is legal. I assume Sri Lanka has not caught up yet. Islamic rules are universal and are not man-made, they are not established by majority count, bribe or force. Islam is not about our imagination and dreams. Unlike other religions, Islam is not adjusted to what we feel is right or wrong... but we need to adjust ourselves accordingly. Adultery is relationship outside of marriage, more often of sexual nature. And fidelity means not committing adultery. If i am allowed to marry four, with certain conditions, why would anyone want to consider me an adulterer?

Quote You were saying "How can we not believe a man who gave without taking and who called not towards idolizing mortal-himself but to The Creator, The Eternal...?"
I did not understand what you meant. If you mean to say that he did not ask to pray him, then I say that praying to a man yields nothing. And anything cannot be taken, it can only be given. So even if Muhamad would have asked anything, he wouldn't have got. Hope you understand this. I mean to say when we ask for returns for what we do, then the sole purpose of our work will vanish and rendered useless.

Though lack of some understanding is reciprocal in this case, I am wondering wether you have started working, yet. And whether you get anything in return for what you do and let your work "vanish rendered useless".

Quote I wonder one thing, one cannot give shape to God but one can give him names and call them "beautiful names". I feel its strange..........
Another question, isn't God omnipresent?

You sound like reincarnation of Bharatiya. Nevertheless, you are correct - God is omnipresent, the very reason why He cannot be an object... and does not need to be shaped.  

MOCKBA
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 3:37am
Hi Mr.Mockba!!!!!

Thanks for replying me again. Thank you for patiently answering me.

Mr.Mochba you said that God said, "To me, to you and the rest of mankind. " How is it possible, I did not have any such experience....................

Thanks for your comment on my english I am working on it. And I will not make any conclusions from now on......I will ask you directly....:)

YOu said, "I assume Sri Lanka has not caught up yet." How can you assume? You dont know the law of this land.......

You say," Islamic rules are universal and are not man-made, they are not established by majority count, bribe or force." I have no comment on that. But I know that it is your belief and your belief may not be true.:)
And I am not at all questioning the law of your land......
You said that "unlike other religions", can I know what are the other religions?

You ask me whether I started workng or not....Let me tell you I work for my living but havent started working for the people.....:)

You said, "You sound like reincarnation of Bharatiya." This is strange..........Someone else was also asking me to go through the posts between him and Bharatiya. Is Bharatiya dead? And do you believe in rebirth?

You said,"God is omnipresent, the very reason why He cannot be an object... and does not need to be shaped.  "   Thats really interesting....... I agree that one need not give shape to God because he is Omnipresent. But why to give him names......?

Anyway, that does not hold any point.... I want to know what you do during your prayer Nammaz?
On what do you concentrate on when you do Namaaz?

Thank you for your replies again.............

Varshaken, the Samurai.
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 10:55am

no one gave allah names it's mentioned in the quran, i don't know where you got the idea that muhammed(sas) butcher women, infact it's against islam to kill the old, the young, and the woman, it's also against islam to terrorize them when the muslims are going to campaigns.

Praying is one of the pillars of islam, without praying some scholars consider the person a kaffir. the first thing that will be checked on the day of Judgement will be the prayer. we concentrate on god and asking allah and thanking him, again it's a step by step process. do you wan't to know why we pray, or how we pray.

http://www.geocities.com/teachmesalaat/

here is a website teaching how to pray and why we pray. and who do we pray for. follow the instructions, you have to right-click and click save target as and save it to your desktop then click open.

Edited by shakur
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 2:30am
Hello Mr.Shakur!!!!!!

I never said, Muhamad butchered anyone.

Very thank you for the website Mr.Shakur.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 4:35am

Mr Varshaken I have attempted to answer all your questions by direct quotes from the Qur�an. Hope these will clear some of the doubts you have.

1.   Do you believe or does Koran say that God or Allaah is Omnipresent?

Yes, I believe that God is everywhere and the Qur�an also says so. Here are some of the verses from the Qur�an:

002.115: To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing.

002.186: When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

034.050: Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is (ever) near."

1.     I want to know what you do during your prayer Nammaz? On what do you concentrate on when you do Namaaz?

When Muslims perform namaaz also called �salat� we recite the verses from the Holy Qur�an. One essential verse that every Muslim recites without which our Salat is not complete is the first verse from the Qur�an which is :

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

Master of the Day of Judgment.

Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Show us the straight way,

The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

This verse is recited a minimum of 22 times a day by all those Muslims who offer their Salat five times a day. But it is generally more than the number I have indicated. Notice in this beautiful verse Muslims glorify God and ask Him to guide them to the straight path. This is something for everyone to ponder, all those who believe in God and those who believe in the power of prayer. When you ask God sincerely everyday so many times to guide you to the right path, do you not think that your prayer will be answered?

In addition to this verse Muslims also recite other verses of their choice and the Salaat consists of certain actions such as bowing and prostrations etc during which time we praise and glorify God. The method of performing Salat has been shown to Muslims by the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) himself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic