IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:05am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Freedom of expression is very good, but that doesn�t mean that one should be allowed to express anything at will to slander, defame, and bad-mouth fellow human beings and their beloved faith. For example, how would you feel if your beloved one, who has caused no harm to anyone, is slandered and insulted on a global TV being viewed by the whole world? And this pattern keeps repeating endlessly. . . .

It is natural to get offended by that. Why shouldn�t anti-Islam and anti-Muslim stance be treated equal ( or at least similar ) to the anti-semitic crimes? Instead, we see the opposite . . . Salman Rushdie, who slandered the symbols of Islam�loved and revered by more than 1.5 billion Muslims, has been awarded the "knighthood" in the name of so called "freedom of speech," but will the same rules apply in other scenarios . . . as well?

Can they insult, for example, any other community at such a public and official level? Will they honour Salman, or another author of similar talents, in the same manner if the insult was directed to a community and faith other than Muslims and Islam? I don�t wish that any community is insulted and humiliated in such a manner, but the point is to show the blatant hypocrisy that prevails here. . . .

Furthermore, it seems they are playing their cards now to deal with many pressing issues at hand:

1. To divert the attention of the fellow citizens from utter failure of invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan where there is no real peace, security, stability and democracy as promised in the beginning. The deteriorating situation day by day has already caused much more dissension of local masses to the extent that even Blair will be quitting shortly.

2. This step may help create more gap between many non-Muslims and Muslims because of strengthening the idea of "clash of civilizations."

3. It may attempt to divide Muslim masses even further due to the absence of one powerful body that is effectively prepared to deal with such issues of ummah that keep coming up every now and then on the world stage.

4. The catastrophic situation in Palestine�with millions of starving Palestinians and ongoing political developments there�and elsewhere�may be thrown in shadows, at least for the time being.

Seeing the trend, therefore, it is important that the entire humanity in general, and Muslims in particular, wake up from the deep slumber and evaluate the whole situation. This gross neglect of very fundamental rights of more than 1.5 billion Muslims should not be allowed, otherwise entire humanity may become subjugated to the perpetrators of such heinous crimes.

What should Muslims do? Well, protest intellectually and educationally using educated and Islamic mind set without any violent reaction.

( Please remember that any violent reaction on your part will be tremendously magnified by the media. At the time of cartoon crisis, media delivered full coverage to some violent reactions, but the silent and peaceful demonstrations of the majority was not made the headline news.

Furthermore, we should always act within the bounds of Islam and avoid doing unislamic things regardless of the degree of provocation, and keep in mind that Allah is watching us all the time, and He is in full control of all the affairs, whether or not we are being watched by others. )

Educate everyone that Islam is not what Salman Rushdie tells us; it is the beautiful message of peace and submission to Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of the entire universe.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:03am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

Freedom of expression is very good, but that doesn�t mean that one should be allowed to express anything at will to slander, defame, and bad-mouth fellow human beings and their beloved faith.

For example, how would you feel if your beloved one, who has caused no harm to anyone, is slandered and insulted on a global TV being viewed by the whole world? And this pattern keeps repeating endlessly. . . .

It's funny

What about the Lost Tomb of Jesus from Cameron ?

What about
Jesus Christ Superstar ?

What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?

Did you gave any warning or said something about the Thread of Tomb of Jesus ? did you ? no, although I as a Roman Catholic find that extremely offensive to our believes...but did you care about that ? of course not...because it didn't touched your believes

But I don't blame you, Freedom of expression, that's what it means

======

Salman Rushdie, who slandered the symbols of Islam�loved and revered by more than 1.5 billion Muslims,

========

And what if 1.5 billion people are living a BIG LIE ?

Why CAMERON or someone from HOLLYWOOD' producer don't have guts to make just a single movie about MOHAMMAD ? Why ?

Do you know How many warnings I got in Islam forums ? a lot of them

I'm not allowed to say nothing about the Koran or Mohammad, well....I don't have guts for that either...just like Hollywood

Edited by Delta
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:17pm
I am certain this Portuguese Catholic has absolutely no understanding of the subject other than wants to cut his nose to spite his face. He doesn't even understand the perspective or the history what of  Rush-die put in his the Satanic Verses (SV).
After seeing Crasss sparring about the western sexual mores (the fornication fest) with the rest of the members, would be right fella to debate this issue.  I expected him to do his part, may be he hasn't read the trash.
Anyways my observation as follows:
Caution this is going to be an eye opener!
  1. Granted Rushdie has many many obscene scenarios about Islam it's prophets, heroes and heroines, which is the basis of the west's love for this lo life's promotion to knighthood his trashing of the west notwithstanding. It is appalling that lot of our old esteemed members on IC either have not investigated as what he has done thru SV or living in the west so dilutes the love of the Prophet in their psyche's that it is just an issue  of freedom of speech. Some say his poor quality  writing doesn't demand  any censor indicates pathetic level of their faith. No body here is expecting them to do much this late in this game till the Queen  had to reignite the tinder box.
  2. On the very first page what Rushdie calls his protectors:Proper London, Bhai! Here we come those Bastards down there >>according to Deuternomy 23:2 "The bastard shall not enter the congregation of the Lord; even unto the tenth generation"
  3. His use of vulgarity and expletives is the main stay pp 434/441/449..This *****you ******s, it is *****it fxxking *****etc. Is this what impressed the publisher and the western minds including this Delta.
  4. Pay attention to description of then Prime Minister Thatcher pp-270 "Maggie the Bitch" remember the Iron Lady the paragraph detail is nothing but four letter wordings galore. It is strange western mentality to accept this writer worth the the honor without agreeing that he demeaned the Prophet page after page the most.
  5. He establishes in his SV that Brits are incestuous nation(p-80), that should make The Queen a bit more elated. May be crasss has a winning point!
  6. According to his philosophy he marries Pamela ---who was  just good for Fxxxing and throwing over.
  7. What he is being rewarded for glamorizing the  vulgarity and profanity, there the whole humanity loses and nothing can be done about that  but feel sorry for the Queen, If think he didn't spare her either in his ramblings.
  8. What does it mean by him being the knight of the Queen, it matters not what he calls them with expletives to the shameless pigs s long as he defames what the Muslims love & care about on daily basis in their lives!
  9. It will give some kind of barometer to the old colonial masters in London about the mental state of brown sahibs whether they are mentally dead or not. At least they could show the power of their pen if they can decipher the Brits Zionist agenda.
  10. I know SV is a terrible read and whoever in the western press commented has to be biased liar as most of his plot & characterization would be beyond most Europeans and Americans comprehension.
  11. Lastly anyone who is not quite familiar about the subcontinent and Islamic history may not be considered a qualified commentator in this regard.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:44am

Can anyone tell me exactly why the Muslims object to Rushdie's book, The Satanic Verses?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:15am
I reject it as a Muslim because it is a poor attempt on philosophy. I'd rather read Aristotle's Metaphysics a thousand times than read something that pass as something psuedo-philosophical
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:30am

so, Israfil, this guy should be killed because he is a bad philosopher???

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:44am

Something else - Sir Iqbal Sacranie, former big-wig of the MCB, who said that death was too good for Salman Rushdie, has also been knighted......

http://mcbwatch.blogspot.com/2005/08/just-how-moderate-is-iq bal-sacranie.html

Edited by Doo-bop
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:46am

Doo-Bop,

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Re-read what I previously said as I was simply stating an individual, and personal opinion. I care not about what nhappens to him really. He can live to be 100 years old or die the next day. My point is, he is a bad philosopher when it comes to the Satanic Verses.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic