IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Challenging Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenging Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:04am

There is in the posts above the following:

[69:40] Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Messenger,
[69:41] And it is not the word of a poet; little is it that you believe;
[69:42] Nor the word of a soothsayer; little is it that you mind.

It surely means Rasool as in Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam in these ayaat. I am sure you must have heard the expression, 'kahin ki eentt kahin ka rodrha' (sorry not trying to be rude to non urdu speaking people but cant find a better expression in english)

What is the problem here? We all need some understanding. Does some one believe that the word "rasool un kareem" here in verse 69:40 means "The angel Jibreel a.s."? I want to know that.Please inform whois suggesting that meaning.... Thanks.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 8:00am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

There is in the posts above the following:

[69:40] Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Messenger,
[69:41] And it is not the word of a poet; little is it that you believe;
[69:42] Nor the word of a soothsayer; little is it that you mind.

It surely means Rasool as in Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam in these ayaat. I am sure you must have heard the expression, 'kahin ki eentt kahin ka rodrha' (sorry not trying to be rude to non urdu speaking people but cant find a better expression in english)

What is the problem here? We all need some understanding. Does some one believe that the word "rasool un kareem" here in verse 69:40 means "The angel Jibreel a.s."? I want to know that.Please inform who is suggesting that meaning.... Thanks.

Mimuteman,

Rasool-un-Kareem clearly refers to the  prophet. You are right.

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:41am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

Brother minuteman problem is not with understanding this particular ayaah because if you read it in its context you can clearly see that it refers to Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam. Brother QheQ first mentioned the verse [81:19] Most surely it is the Word of an honored messenger', which does mean Jibrail alayhissalaam, if you read the ayaat following it (i have explained on the previious page).

I dont know whether brother is really confused himself that he forgot which ayaah he wanted to know explanation of or was he just trying to catch us out that he was asking about one and then later refering to the other one.

But as brother has dropped it, i think we should move on in a hope that inshaAllah we all be sincere in our learning and not play the words game.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:13pm

Yes, Thanks. I know some friends try to use the words "Rasool in Kareem" of Surah 81 Al-Takweer to mislead. The same word " Rasool in Kareem" is used in Surah 69, Al-Haaqah, verse 20. They try to take the meaning in Surah Al-haaqah that Rasool in Kareem is the angel Jibreel a.s. That is not correct.

Rasool can be a man or an angel, no doubt. But in verse 69:20, the Rasool is the prophet s.a.w.s. because the verses after 20 are telling about it all. An angel cannot be caught from the right hand and killed. An angel can never disobey or make a mistake in giving the message..  These things should be known to those friends who try to take the wrong meanings. Well, thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic