IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why I m watching TV ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy I m watching TV ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
enjoyinglife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:50am
EastAfrican

"The govt do not control the media but pro-govnt bodies/agencies/interest
groups etc are currently in the driving seat especialy where news is
concerned."

There is always a tug of war of information between goverment branches,
corporations, special interest groups and the media, but I don't think any
one or group in particular is in the drivers seat. The media can, and often
does, just as easly turn against them.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Shery, I think that you are thus far absolutely fabulous and that you should continue watching and commenting upon American television always and forever!  What�s more, I think that you just might be to American television what the late Pauline Kael was to films, only better.  Don�t become too famous, though, because those imaginative, blood-thirsty blokes at M-TV will make a claymation, or animated, image of you and pit it against an equally animated Ann Coulter in what they call a �Celebrity Death Match.�  Those matches are never a very pretty sight and are usually a fight to the finish.

I might also mention, as an aside, that I got into a bit of trouble in Cairo one year, when, because I had been watching Egyptian television prior to my arrival, I mistakenly thought that all Egyptian women were belly dancers.  But that is another story, for another day.

Serv

You really are "certifiable", you know Serv?  Maybe that's why I have this love/hate thing with you.  But I REALLY want to hear the story about the belly dancers......one can only imagine. 

Cute post, Servie.  Take care."

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 9:08am

Shery, I think that you are thus far absolutely fabulous and that you should continue watching and commenting upon American television always and forever!  What�s more, I think that you just might be to American television what the late Pauline Kael was to films, only better.  Don�t become too famous, though, because those imaginative, blood-thirsty blokes at M-TV will make a claymation, or animated, image of you and pit it against an equally animated Ann Coulter in what they call a �Celebrity Death Match.�  Those matches are never a very pretty sight and are usually a fight to the finish.

I might also mention, as an aside, that I got into a bit of trouble in Cairo one year, when, because I had been watching Egyptian television prior to my arrival, I mistakenly thought that all Egyptian women were belly dancers.  But that is another story, for another day.

Serv

Edited by Servetus
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 6:22am

Oh now, Shery, not Vodka!  UGH!  Our FBI agents drink only Miller's Draft. They don't make enough money to afford Vodka....you know, our government rats don't pay them enough to afford vodka. 

How many mafia are in Las Vegas.....hmmmm, is that a trick question? When I lived there in the 80s and 90s, they were gone after Tony Spilatro and his brother were "hit" in Chicago and their bodies were found in a field in northern Indiana.  So no more mafia in Las Vegas, well not many anyway.   I don't know how many rapes take place here in the US.  Do you?  I mean, how could anyone know, because so many rapes are never reported.  Oh, how many are there in Egypt? Do those women refuse to report them too????

Yes, yes, Shery, America is a terrible, dangerous place in which to live or even visit.  For your own good, DON'T EVER COME HERE.  Stay safe in the perfect country of Egypt!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Shery View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 3:19am

You will turn yourself to Fbi ?

your government is the biggest terrorist worldwide

what is the mission of the FBI in your country  ?

how much rape cases exist in your country .. how many mafia exist in las vegas and los angelos and new york ?

How many psycho are out there in USA who hold woman and children to torture them and to rape them ?

How many accident in your schools in this year only 3 attacks in different schools in usa

one was against those aimsh who refuse technologie ..

And the much more the student who killed his teacher and the teacher who is accused to practice sex with student

you forget about colombia in 1999 in colorado ...

Oh if i kept mention crimes in USA It would be infinity

So again please remind me what your FBI is doing there ?

eat donuts and drinking vodka

�� ���� ����� ����� �� ���� ����� ��������� �����

�� ����� ������� �� �����

��� ���� �� ����� ��� ����� �������

����� ��� ������ ����� �� ���� �������

����� ������ � ���� ������� ����
Fallen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 1:44am
Shery, thank you for calling me the terrorist of the world. Your judgement is really enlightening. Looks like I should turn myself in to the FBI
EastAfrican View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 11:39pm
The govt do not control the media but pro-govnt bodies/agencies/interest groups etc are currently in the driving seat especialy where news is concerned.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

And the fact that you pity my being an American is really sweet. 

Thanks for your concern.  It's a tough something to bear, but we'll muddle through.  And we might just escape to Egypt one of these days soon if we're reeeeaaal lucky and even blessed.

Salaams

That tickled me to the bone! Thank you!

Lameese

Edited by Lameese
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic