IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Barack Obama Muslim?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Barack Obama Muslim?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Barack Obama Muslim?
    Posted: 16 February 2007 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

At the end of the day, whatever faith Obama or anyone else, for that matter, follows would hardly matter in the system we have at hand. Nothing will change for the best of the Americans or the world at large as long as the people don't come to be the real base of power.

Today, the money and vested interests are the power base.

Not the people of the United States.

Asalaamu alaikum..

That statement is the truth, dear brother..

Tell your dear Sig other to give you a big hug for me!

She is a rare jewel herself.

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

I think that anyone running for political office must be honest and forthright, regardless of how unimportant the issue may be. If, for instance, Barack Obama is elected president, and during his presidency the media get's ahold of an unreported/undisclosed issue, it would distract/disrupt him from governing the country, a la Clinton. I think Obama is smart enough to get everything out in the open now, and there won't be any muck left to rack in '08.

Peace, Hanan

Thanks, Hanan.  That's what I've been attempting to say.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 6:29am

I think that anyone running for political office must be honest and forthright, regardless of how unimportant the issue may be. If, for instance, Barack Obama is elected president, and during his presidency the media get's ahold of an unreported/undisclosed issue, it would distract/disrupt him from governing the country, a la Clinton. I think Obama is smart enough to get everything out in the open now, and there won't be any muck left to rack in '08.

Peace, Hanan

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Angel said,

"I think you are on a wrong turn here."

Me?  Never! 

"I really don't see the big deal that Barack is not sharing (at least at this stage/moment) what religion he belongs to. As I mentioned if he is muslim it will overshadow him, reread my first post as to why."

Well, girlfriend, if you can't see the importance of a prospective candidate for the Presidency's need to be 100% honest, I certainly am not the one to try to explain it to you.  Maybe someone else here can give it a try.  As I have said, I like him, but if I found out he was being dishonest, I would probably have to rethink my position and trudge back to the "drawing board." 

Peace Angel.

NO, I do get you, I understand you

How is not sharing being dishonest?

Israfil is the only person who got me clear as crystal.  

It is the omission of a very important piece of his life which would or could cause a lot of distrust for him.  If Israfil "got your opinion" be happy and content with that.  I don't agree, that's all.  A difference of opinion.  I believe, as I have now stated twice, that it is very important that anyone running for public office be right up front about who they really are, and what they really believe.  You don't think it matters, so we just have a difference of opinion.  Let it rest at that, Angel.

Patty

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 6:46pm

Angel said,

"I think you are on a wrong turn here."

Me?  Never! 

"I really don't see the big deal that Barack is not sharing (at least at this stage/moment) what religion he belongs to. As I mentioned if he is muslim it will overshadow him, reread my first post as to why."

Well, girlfriend, if you can't see the importance of a prospective candidate for the Presidency's need to be 100% honest, I certainly am not the one to try to explain it to you.  Maybe someone else here can give it a try.  As I have said, I like him, but if I found out he was being dishonest, I would probably have to rethink my position and trudge back to the "drawing board." 

Peace Angel.

NO, I do get you, I understand you

How is not sharing being dishonest?

Israfil is the only person who got me clear as crystal.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

It wouldn't matter to me if Obama is Muslim.  I like him very much, as far as his politics go, and he appears to be a very straighforward, honest and respectable young man.  Extremely intelligent.  What more could we want? 

God's Peace.

I agree. He's like a cool, clear breeze blowing through a dark and musty room. I remember how excited I was when I first heard him speak at the Democratic Convention in 2004 (I think it was in '04).

The first time I ever saw him or heard of him was when he was making  his acceptance speech for Senator in Chicago.  (I DO live a very isolated life...by choice mostly.)  He was positively brilliant!  And yes, Hanan, he is like a breath of fresh air, isn't he?  He is so upbeat and positive, and he exudes confidence.  I am very impressed with him.

God's Peace. 

Patty

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 4:05pm

It wouldn't matter to me if Obama is Muslim.  I like him very much, as far as his politics go, and he appears to be a very straighforward, honest and respectable young man.  Extremely intelligent.  What more could we want? 

God's Peace.

I agree. He's like a cool, clear breeze blowing through a dark and musty room. I remember how excited I was when I first heard him speak at the Democratic Convention in 2004 (I think it was in '04).

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 3:13pm

God's Peace.

Patty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic