IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pray for me please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pray for me please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pray for me please
    Posted: 12 January 2007 at 2:44am

Salaam o alaikum

If it's not too much to ask, could you all please keep me and my daughter in your dua's. I'd greatly appreciate all the prayer I could get!

Sister Hayfa, could you e-mail me if you have time.

Salaam

Mrs. Dia
NieeMA Thasing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NieeMA Thasing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 7:03am
Wa'Alaikum Assalaam

Sister, we will make dua for you and your family.

May Allah (SWT) see you safely through this test...ameen

Remember sis, Allah tests those whom he loves.

Your sister

NieeMA
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 8:26am

Thank you Neemah

Salaam

Mrs. Dia
Muslimah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 5:15pm
I just made du'ah for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 7:45pm

Have you any ever gone through a phase in your life where you have just simply out grown the people, places, and things in your life? Have you ever felt stuck or prevented from advancing.

Sometimes I find my self feeling awfully disconted with the affects of my decision to be Muslim- how it has affected every aspect of my life. I'm not sure if becomming Muslim has helped or harmed me.

Allah forgive me, as far as I'm concerned I have and will always love Allah, I don't want to worship Islam and I'd rather worship Allah and I see tremendous difference between the two.

Suppose it's time to go back to the basics and find emotional support outside of the community from people who are not afraid of growing beyond what others have decided would be their limits and possibilities.

Anybody understand?

Anybody get through this?

Mrs. Dia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 7:48pm

also, I'm hoping to relocate to another area. I've gone through that disillusioned phase with our ummah and am not seeking any type of support at least in person. The pay back for doing so is just too much for me and now that I'm a mama I really don't have the energy to deal with fitnah.

Ive tried very hard to be patient, tolerant, proactive, and solutions oriented but to no avail.. SupanaAllah..

I seek refuge from Shaytan the outcast

Mrs. Dia
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 6:39am
Originally posted by UmmAminata UmmAminata wrote:

also, I'm hoping to relocate to another area. I've gone through that disillusioned phase with our ummah and am not seeking any type of support at least in person. The pay back for doing so is just too much for me and now that I'm a mama I really don't have the energy to deal with fitnah.

Ive tried very hard to be patient, tolerant, proactive, and solutions oriented but to no avail.. SupanaAllah..

I seek refuge from Shaytan the outcast

Bismillah and Salaams,

Dear Sister-In-Islaam,  May Allah, The All-Knowing protect and guide you and your daughter. 

I would say that very often we can't find the things we're looking for.  Maybe it is that we have to reacess our strategy of how we search and be open to new possibilities for answers.  When something isn't working, it's good to try a different way of achieving our goals.  And maybe we need a new set of goals. 

But our Loving Lord will guide us.  What are His goals for us?  What is our fate?  Only He knows.  We can only try to follow the Islaamic way of life and be patient in terms of our faith and belief that Allah is One, Eternal, that He is neither male nor female and has no partners. 

Prayer strengthens our spirit.  Fasting strenghthens our ability to be patient.  Hajj unifies us with our community.  Zakkah opens us up to Allah's generosity for us.

Don't leave Islaam.  Leave the path that is bothering you for one that is amenable to your Deen.  Ameen.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 7:13am

Dear Sister-In-Islaam,  May Allah, The All-Knowing protect and guide you and your daughter. 

Mrs. Dia: Amen

I would say that very often we can't find the things we're looking for.  Maybe it is that we have to reacess our strategy of how we search and be open to new possibilities for answers.  When something isn't working, it's good to try a different way of achieving our goals.  And maybe we need a new set of goals. 

Mrs. Dia: I agree with you 100%. It's obvious that my method isn't working for me and it's up to me do something about it. I've found a Psychologist and I'm planning on taking this year to really sort through my feelings, experiences, needs, and life goals so that I can make a decision and just move on. Peace is important to me. I believe that your faith should offer an oppurtunity for inner peace and contenment.

I've experienced so much negative side effects as a result of being a convert Muslim that the degree and quanitity of those side affects is beginning to out weight any good, and that is where I'm falling off at.

But our Loving Lord will guide us.  What are His goals for us?  What is our fate?  Only He knows.  We can only try to follow the Islaamic way of life and be patient in terms of our faith and belief that Allah is One, Eternal, that He is neither male nor female and has no partners. 

Mrs. Dia: Yes, Allah is Yal-Hadi! And boy is Allah's guidance the best of them all! As for patience, some times, I'm feeling confused about being patient versus becomming a marytar. Recall that hadith about a woman is like a bint rib. You can bend, and bend, and bend, and bend, but if you bend too hard, too long, it will snapp or break off. That describes my emotional and spiritual place at the moment. I'm completely shocked and caught off guard as I thought I had worked my way through this.

Prayer strengthens our spirit.  Fasting strenghthens our ability to be patient.  Hajj unifies us with our community.  Zakkah opens us up to Allah's generosity for us.

Mrs. Dia: Ma'sha'Allah, thank you for the reminder and the way it is said is very poetic.

Don't leave Islaam.  Leave the path that is bothering you for one that is amenable to your Deen.  Ameen.

Mrs. Dia: You're abosoultely right! Leave that path that is bothering me...........

Sister, my psychologist told me I'm suffering from Post-Trumatic stress disorder as a result of my overal experience as a Muslim.  Her opinion is that as long as I remain Muslim in this manner in this type of community I'll never be able to heal and move forward with my life. What would you say about this?

Mrs. Dia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic