IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 8:52pm

Dear Pauline, Greetings

My post has to be read as a response to yasha's post.

Regarding Satan, he is also into politics and all related matters, pitting people against people, nation against nation and was so successful in deceiving the well-educated and civilised Germans that they slaughtered Jews and other weaklings. Satan excited the current American regime to invade Iraq and destroy a people and their country.

What Osama did was wrong. I have no sympathy for him. His action was his own revenge or retaliation and had nothing to do with Islam. Of course Satan deceived him too.

From you: "Pauline questioned : I just don't see how the Satan has been defeated by Islam through its declaration? Christianity also declare that only ONE GOD AND JESUS IS THE SON OF THE LORD."

Satan has been defeated by Islam, since Islam declares One unadulterated God Almighty. Christians do say one but they split that one God, trying to fit Jesus in. 

You appear to be a Unitarian. Is that so? The reason I asked is because you seem to believe in One God Almighty and keep Jesus away as a Son of God, a separate person.

Best Regards

BMZ

pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 10:27pm
BMZ replied : My post has to be read as a response to yasha's post.

I know that but it is Josh who started this thread. So whatever you write, Josh will read too.

You are right about me and I do not believe Jesus is the son of the god because god is almighty. God doesn't need alliance but ONLY messiah to decipher his message.

BMZ said : What Osama did was wrong. I have no sympathy for him. His action was his own revenge or retaliation and had nothing to do with Islam. Of course Satan deceived him too.

The hadith which is the sayings of Prophet Mohammed :
TO STAND ONE HOUR IN THE BATTLE LINE IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH IS BETTER THAN SIXTY YEARS OF NIGHT PRAYER.

What do you understand from it?

Edited by pauline35
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 10:36pm
Pauline 35 -

I am not Muslim and do not want to make a statement about Islam but when I read these hadiths Osama bin Laden came to mind immediately:

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman

The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about good, but I used to ask him about evil for fear that it might overtake me. Once I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were in ignorance and in evil and Allah has bestowed upon us the present good; will there by any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I asked, "Will there be good after that evil?" He said, "Yes, but it would be tained with Dakhan (i.e. Little evil)."I asked, "What will its Dakhan be?" He said, "There will be some people who will lead (people) according to principles other than my tradition. You will see their actions and disapprove of them." I said,"Will there by any evil after that good?" He said, "Yes, there will besome people who will invite others to the doors of Hell, and whoever accepts their invitation to it will be thrown in it (by them)." I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Describe those people to us." He said, "Theywill belong to us and speak our language" I asked, "What do you order me to do if such a thing should take place in my life?" He said, "Adhere to the group of Muslims and their Chief." I asked, "If there is neither a group (of Muslims) nor a chief (what shall I do)?" He said, "Keep away from all those different sects, even if you had to bite (i.e. eat) the root of a tree, till you meet Allah while you are still in that state."

)009.084.065
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Yasar

That they visited Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and asked him about Al-Harauriyya, a special unorthodox religious sect, "Did you hear the Prophet saying anything about them?" Abu Sa'id said, "I do not know what Al-Harauriyya is, but I heard the Prophet saying, "There will appear in this nation---- he did not say: From this nation ---- a group of people so pious apparently that you will consider your prayers inferior to their prayers, but they will recite the Quran, theteachings of which will not go beyond their throats and will go out oftheir religion as an arrow darts through the game, whereupon the archer may look at his arrow, its Nasl at its Risaf and its Fuqa to see whether it is blood-stained or not (i.e. they will have not even atrace of Islam in them)."
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 10:51pm
David, what do you understand from that line? I like to hear different interpretation. Understanding and stating what you understand is not making any statement about or against it.
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 4:17am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

The hadith which is the sayings of Prophet Mohammed :
TO STAND ONE HOUR IN THE BATTLE LINE IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH IS BETTER THAN SIXTY YEARS OF NIGHT PRAYER.

What do you understand from it?

First of all, you should have quoted where you got this hadith from, which book is it in, etc. War is ordained in Islam in self defense. Because sooner or later, every country will be put in a position where it has to go to war in order to defend itself. If its religion says nothing about this, what are they to do? Think of Hitler. If he was never fought, imagine what more evil he could have done. So Islam allows to go to war in self defence and going to war in self defence is better than sixty years of night prayer (if the hadith you quoted is accurate) because this person is putting his life on the line without fear, complete trust in God that if he dies defending Gods religion for the sake of God he will enter heaven. But the guy who sits and prays is in no danger, so they cant be compared. So naturally the man putting his life on the line for God is better then the one who is safe. This is what I understand from the hadith. Think of it this way, the early Christians who were greatly prosecuted, can they be compared with a safe Christian today? No.

Keep in mind, while in war, Muslims arent allowed to kill a woman or a child or any citizen and or even plants. Today with our civilised world we have finally after hundreds of conventions made it unlawfull to kill a civilian, Islam has done this 1400 years ago.

(Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #1744, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #3015.)

Allah does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes.  Allah loves just dealers.  (Quran, 60:8)

Listen to Abu Bakr (the first Caliphate or Muslim ruler after the prophet) says to Usama on his campaign to Syria:

�Do not betray or be treacherous or vindictive. Do not mutilate. Do not kill the children, the aged or the women. Do not cut or bum palm trees or fruitful trees. Don�t slay a sheep, a cow or camel except for your food. And you will come across people who confined themselves to worship in hermitages, leave them alone to what they devoted themselves for.�

For more on Islams War Ethics:
http://members.tripod.com/maseeh1/advices7/id226.htm

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 7:15am

Pauline,

"The hadith which is the sayings of Prophet Mohammed :

What do you understand from it?"

Pauline, I am not much into the subject of Hadith. I refer mostly to Qur'aan for what it says.

The battle has to be in the cause of Allah. What does that mean? The battle of Osama, for example, was not not in the cause of Allah and as such I would not waste my years of prayers but if an enemy of Islam wages a war on Islam, I would stand hours in the battle.

A note here: The battles fought by the Muslims in the infancy of Islam were never initiated or waged by Muslims. They were attacked first and were allowed to retaliate, when the persecution became worse than slaughter.

Coming back to what I thought about you, may I ask you a question and hope you would not mind:

Do you think that trinity falls under an "operating system" designed to accomodate God, son and the holy ghost, by the ancient church fathers of the fellow Christians?

Best Regards

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 4:19pm

Believe me, he dares not sway our Faith and Belief in the One God, the Lord Almighty!

Nor ours either, BMZ.  If I've said it once, I said it 100 times here.  Christians believe in ONE GOD.  NOT THREE GODS!  ONE GOD.  He is made up of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.....but He is still ONE GOD.  You know there are numerous Biblical references to the Holy Trinity, although the word "trinity" is not used....nevertheless, the meaning is there. 

Christians say they believe in one God because they do.  If they believed in 3 Gods, they would say so and try to explain why....but that is not the case.  Whoa, I feel a meltdown coming on....guess that's it for now!  One God, BMZ.....one God.  (Still have my aspirins handy.)

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

BMZ.  If I've said it once, I said it 100 times here.  Christians believe in ONE GOD.  NOT THREE GODS!  ONE GOD.  He is made up of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.....but He is still ONE GOD.

OK MBZ let me help you to understand Patty's picture of 3 in 1 god;
now you owe me one

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic