IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by sgeorge5 sgeorge5 wrote:

Josh,

I agree with Patty.  Your statements sound a little juvenile, but then you may be a juvenile.  But if you are going to claim that Islam was created by Satin, first you need to set up a set of rules to apply to a religion in order to determine that.  Then you need to apply those rules to various religions; such as, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Christianity, ect. and to do it in a fair manner  Then you will have specific reasons for claiming that a religion was started by Satin.  Also, you might want to research the origin of the concept of Satin.  Try the Zoroastrian religion for that one.  As it is, you gave no reason for your claim.  Of course, first you will have to learn a little about each of these religions in order to have something to compare.  There is a lot of info out there.  You, just, need to Google away for that knowledge.

You do need to be corrected on one other thing.  While Israel is back, the Bible never claimed that Israel would come back.  In fact, it never said it would leave!

Good luck,

Sid

Enjoying your contributions. Thanks for adding a voice of neutral sanity. I think you will enjoy Servetus and Cyril (there are others but I have a lot on m plate at this moment..cannot think), they also add sound ideas, even if they do not always agree with Islam. Sometimes we all must Agree to disagree, which is no sin!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Dear Josh, you said the following:

"Also Islam came way after Christainity. "

Yes, so it did.  I am a Roman Catholic.  All the other Protestant churches came long after Jesus Christ Himself instituted St. Peter as the first head of the Church....or made him the first Pope.  The Protestant's were unhappy with some of the Catholic doctrine (rules) and decided to leave and begin their own churches with their own beliefs.  They still do it yet today....if they decide they don't like the doctrine of whatever church they belong to, they break away and start another church.  Only the Roman Catholic Church has been in existance since the time of Christ Himself.

I understand you are sincere....and I know what sort of information you have been reading/studying....as well the the people you are listening to.  Please educate yourself before you come here and begin to insult a whole religion and people.  You are probably quite young and have many bad feelings about situations in the world.  Well, we all do, don't we?  But how do we handle these feelings?  Certainly not by going around creating more hard feelings and chaos.  We are ALL God's children.  Don't ever forget that, Josh!  God loves every single one of us.....what a shame we don't follow his mandate and "love each other as I have loved you." 

You can disagree with people without being rude and abrupt with them.  Sometimes it's more how you say something than what you say.  Oh, please learn how to spell "Christian", it's not Christain.

God Love You!

enjoyed your post Patty. Nice to see you back. Hope your holidays are fulfilling and safe.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 4:16pm

"enjoyed your post Patty. Nice to see you back. Hope your holidays are fulfilling and safe."

Ditto, Andalus!  It's good to be posting here again.  I also wish you peace and joy in the New Year.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 8:18pm

Edited by Hanan
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 8:56pm
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:13am

Hanan,

I second thee along with Arab.

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:19am
Pardon my ignorace but what does it mean to "second thee"
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 5:40am

It means I support you and agree with your proposal.

For example, you nominated Josh for poster of the year and I second that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic