IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alaa View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Muslim
    Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:50pm
Don't seek guidance while sleeping my friend  you have to work and try to find your way and Allah will guide you. You are right you are free to take your time but not years. You will find things easier after you travel to any Arabic land, Don't worry. Remember that Allah is the only one who can guide you. Remember that Allah knows everything you do.
Mona_1022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2006 at 5:38pm

The only reason I did a Mutah instead of a permanent marriage, like I said before, was to make sure my husband was not taking shahada to get married.  I was telling him I could not be with him because he was not a muslim and I was afraid that he would convert just to get married and not lose me.  I am sure that Allah (SWT) will guide me to finding the right sect of Islam for He knows that I am sincere in my search.  I do not think it is right for anyone to talk bad of another sect.  You must have respect for all sects of Islam just as you must respect other religions.

Alaa...thank you for your advice.  You speak wise words.  I was thinking about doing it that way but was not sure that it would be acceptable.  I agree that I should not hurry in my religion because I tried to do that and I did go back to my ways.  I am going to take a different approach and learn Islam well and create a foundation of faith before I try to become the Muslim I should be.  I know many people will think this is not the right way but I know myself and I know I need more time.  I love Allah (SWT) and I want him to pleased with me and I will seek His guidance and hope that He will show me the right way. 

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Mona_1022 Mona_1022 wrote:

I got this from www.Mutah.com/how_do_i_do_mutah.htm

arrowg.gif 163 bytes005.059.527 - Military Expeditions led by the Prophet (pbuh) (Al-Maghaazi) - - - -

Narrated 'Ali bin Abi Talib

On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a (i.e. temporary marriage) and the eating of donkey-meat.

Mutah was permitted for a short time during the military expedition in order to establish paternity / child support means in case of pregnancy would occur. A non sequitur when kids are already there

My sister-in-law happens to be a Persian who renounced her faith( Shiite ),  according to her it is a  sick sick  sect run by corrupt Muallahs no different than pedophile Catholics priests. I have been through the Shiism for most part of my life and I found their Muharrm meetings plain disgusting and dishonest. Their passion of Hussain no different than passion of Christ.

There is another important practice called "Takkayah"  part of  Shia  practice  meaning  "  Dissimulation". If that fits the personality and you prefer travelling the low road, I really feel sorry for the kids.

And BTW you rather refrain from posting Mutah/ fornication permits, IC if you have not bothered to notice is a Sunni Islamic site.

IMHO you will not find any support for your mutah propagation to fix your sorry picture from the Muslim community in here.
It is never too late to repent , then learn the true path not for you but for your kids particularly in this day and age(electronic) if one wants too.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Alaa View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 7:08pm
Take everything step by step and don't hurry because religion is not easy so you better take care because most of those who hurry up in doing everything they are told, they mostly go back to their old habits after a while, but those who follow a step by step method mostly continue like this. For the problem of your Marriage I'd suggest that you ask a known Imam in the US (I live in Egypt so I don't know them) because no one can say fatwas without being in the right place. Do you speak Arabic?
Also, you might try to use the Q&A section at Islamicity.com here: http://www.islamicity.com/qa/
Mona_1022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 1:04pm
My problem is that I just started researching Islam and do not know all the laws and I guess that is where my confusion comes in. 
muslim-mother View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim-mother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:55am

Mutah marriage is only legal for Shia not Sunni

you have to check with a reliable islam preacher .. Imam ..

Salam alkoum

Alaa View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 8:42am
Your only problem is your husband?
I am new here but old to online forums, my name is 'Alaa.
Dzul View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dzul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 12:50am

Assallamalaikum Sister Mona,

Yes, I am aware of the Muta'ah. But it is illegal in my country or the mazhab I belong to.

I sincerely hope you can find a good Ustaz to guide you here. I am just merely telling you what I know from the very shallow knowlegde that I have.

Wassallam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic