IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Angry Iranian  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Angry Iranian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 5:19pm

Yeah, Khomeini was a really great guy. I feel so sorry for Iran. Someone needs to make sure Khatami lives forever.

http://www.homa.org/Details.asp?ContentID=2137352879&TOC ID=2083225445

Feel free to try to speak against this - I don't know this women's credentials, but it's not the first time I have read this sort of thing.

Kim...

(later edit) Ah! Here she is! http://hometown.aol.com/ahreemanxiii/page21.html

Edited by kim!
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Yeah, Khomeini was a really great guy. I feel so sorry for Iran. Someone needs to make sure Khatami lives forever

spare your 'Yeah' for the Jewish prophet Theodor Herzl - he might need it very soon.

A foreign delegate attending a womens conference in Iran in 1986, recounts her impressions on a visit to Imam Khomeini's house:

The main door is a simple iron door, leading to a yard about six meters long. It has three rooms, inside each of which you will find a mattress and a cushion, and a simple sofa used by the Imam for sitting and sleeping on. The kitchen is under the stairs. There is a small room for him alone for studying, praying, reading and listening to the news; it is furnished with a chair, a small table, and some book shelves.

The foreign press correspondents were surprised when they saw the house of the leader of the Ummah. They were even more surprised when they saw the Imam's food which was composed of a boiled potato, an orange, and a small chunk of bread. They asked the Imam's wife: 'Where do you sleep?' She answered simply, 'Just where we sit.'

To read the full article with photos:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/imams-house.html

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:00pm

And? Geraldine Brooks (author of "Nine parts of Desire") said on the tv the other night that Khomeini was a family man - she has seen photos of him playing with his gradnchildren and looking like any other normal family man. What of it? Our prime minister can be a bastard sometimes, but he still has family who love him and probably lives a relatively normal lifestyle, in a nice house, admittedly, but nothing like what you might find in rich US suburbs.

Kim...

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

....Our prime minister can be a bastard sometimes,....

And Australia has 'democracy' - under which Howard was elected by a majority of Australians, Right. So so what that makes the majority of you people? Oops1 I have to do 'Wudu' again.

Know your enemy!

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:37am

Rehmat, you can do 'wudu' till the cows come home, it won't wash off the stink of the harrassment you hurl at members of this forum.  It won't wash off the stain of hate that permeates your soul.  It won't wash away the negativity that engulfs you.

Your blackness and negativity is sucking the very life out of this forum.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:07am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Rehmat, you can do 'wudu' till the cows come home, it won't wash off the stink of the harrassment you hurl at members of this forum.  It won't wash off the stain of hate that permeates your soul.  It won't wash away the negativity that engulfs you.

Your blackness and negativity is sucking the very life out of this forum.

Peace, ummziba.

I read that in ADL Textbook too!

Know your enemy!

Salman-e Farsi View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salman-e Farsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 8:44am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Believe what you will, brother, you are certainly free to do so.  Just don't expect others to be so drawn in to your "zionist spooks" everywhere mentality.  You should really try spending an afternoon in a sunny garden enjoying Allah's perfect creation, it's very good for the soul.

And you didn't address the issues of the movie I mentioned or of the case of Zarah Kazemi (not that I expected you to).  Again, you are free to believe what you will.  And so am I.  Have a nice day.

Peace, ummziba.

I'm an Iranian Muslim and can tell you that there is a balance inbetween.   Rehmat, there are tons of problems in today's Iran.   Nobody is denying that - Not even the regime or its supporters.   Khomeini was no remarkable man.  He was just another Ayatollah.  Iran has had many Ayatollahs that were much greater than Khomeini.  Khomeini had the luck of being at the right place at the right time.  He himself and his family were most surprised and shocked when he was about to return to Iran.  They couldn't believe what had happened.  

Ummziba, while it is true that Zahrah Kazemi was brutally assaulted and killed by most probably Mortazavi, you must also understand that one must take a lot of the criticism against the Islamic Republic with a big pinch of salt.   Western media is largely guided by agressive U.S. and Israeli misinformation campaigns against Iran and against Islam in general.  Much of what we hear about Iran in the western media is so far from the truth.  The Iranian people are unhappy with a lot of things going on in the Islamic Republic - But that doesn't mean that they are against the whole establishment.   They want change, but they want change from within, without the interference of foreigners.  And one thing is for sure, and that is that the Iranians have absolutely no confidence in the exile Iranian opposition groups.

Edited by Salman-e Farsi
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 9:35am

Assalamu alaikum Brother Salman,

Thank you for that insight.  The views of one who knows better are always welcome here.

It appears we must take many things with "a big pinch of salt", both the over exaggeration in praise of Iran by those like Rehmet, as well as the over exaggeration in demonizing Iran and Islam by the western media.  Seems there are always two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Sometimes the truth is lost when people try to push their issues/ideas/ideology on to others.  May Allah guide the Iranians, and all Muslims, to the straight way.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic