Forum Description: Asia-Pacific
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=643
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 5:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Angry Iranian
Posted By: Rehmat
Subject: The Angry Iranian
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 6:21am

The Father of the Islamic Revolution, Imam Khomeini, was a God-sent man. He changed the destiny of Iran by giving Iranian real representative rule and throwing into the dustbin of history monarchial tyranny. The late Imam attached importance to people's aspirations and demands within the brilliant framework of the time-honoured and time-tested laws of Islam. He used to say: People are the real for me.

Imam Khomeini (may his soul rest in peace), did in fact set in motion the Islamic revolution and without him it was impossible for Iran or the Iranians to throw off the yoke of the American supported Pahlavi regime. In other words, his immense popularity, both as revolutionary leader for whom millions used to turn out in Tehran and other cities and as the supreme mujtahed whose words were binding for his followers, he did not require any referendum to determine the system of government for Iran. Yet, he decided to hold a free and fair referendum by inviting all sections of the Iranian society to make their views on the type of rule they favoured.

Such a great confidence the late Imam had in the nation that less than two months after the victory of the Islamic revolution he called for a referendum to determine a new system of government in Iran. On April 1, 1979, millions of Iranian voters took to the booths and 98.2 percent of the participants voted yes for setting up the dynamic Islamic Republic system in Iran. This was something unprecedented in history and none of the great revolutions of the past centuries ever ventured to carry out such a bold measure, as did the Great Islamic Revolution of Iran.

It is this unique characteristic that sets the Islamic revolution apart and at the pinnacle of the pyramid of all contemporary revolutions. The Islamic Revolution burst on the world scene like an explosion of light. It was moulded by the pristine ideology of Islam and the rich cultural background of the religion, that God chose for all humanity. Here, under the auspices of the Islamic Revolution, it was the will of the Muslims that mattered, unlike the deceptive slogans of the West's liberal democracy. In fact, a study of revolutions of the recent past, including the French and Russian revolutions shows that the leadership paid only lip service to the people.

For the French and the Bolshevik revolutionaries the masses were only means of overcoming the former dictatorial regimes and once the old system had been gotten rid of, both the French and the Russian revolutions suppressed the popular will of the people and imposed their absurd ideas upon them. This was not the case with the Islamic Revolution in Iran, which has never lost its popular appeal.

It continues to thrive on the will of the Muslim masses of Iran as the popular religious system. As a matter of fact, the April 1979 referendum that led to the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran actually heralded the start of other elections. Today, 25 years later, Islamic Iran is proud to say that it has held as many elections with the full participation of the Muslim people. Needless to say, nationwide elections have become a regular feature of the Islamic Republic for the past quarter century with the public exercising its right of vote to chose the country's parliament, the president, the Experts Council that determines the leadership and oversees its performance and various other bodies such as the rural and city councils.

Every time the Islamic Republic goes to the polls, the US and the Zionists cry hoarsely and leave no stone unturned to spew poisonous political propaganda in order to mislead people. But every time they are frustrated as Iranian Muslims consider it their religious duty to come out in large numbers to elect candidates of their choice and thereby defeat the plots of the enemies of Islamic Iran. The Islamic Republic system enjoys popular grassroots support, a factor that has kept Iran steady on its feet and made the country the cynosure of all eyes on the international arena.

The Iranian people through their wide scale support for the system they helped established have withstood against the military, political, economic and cultural plots of the West, and shown to world bodies how a popular religious system can counter the might of super bullies by relying firmly on God and the Islamic and humanitarian values. Could there be a greater proof of the popular base of the Islamic Republic system? No certainly not, thanks to the farsightedness of the Father of the Islamic Revolution who had the clarity of vision to determine the best possible system for Iran and the Iranian Muslims.

http://angryiranian.blogspot.com/ - http://angryiranian.blogspot.com/

-------------
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:16am

Sounds so rosey - I don't think it is though.  See "prostitution behind the veil" in the sisters section.  And how do you explain what happened to Canadian journalist Zarah Kazemi? 

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:12am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Sounds so rosey - I don't think it is though.  See "prostitution behind the veil" in the sisters section.  And how do you explain what happened to Canadian journalist Zarah Kazemi? 

Peace, ummziba.

Did you hear this tape?

...we are going to overthrow the United States government -  So begins a statement being delivered by Gen. Carl W. Steiner, former Commander-in-chief, US  Special Operations Command.

At least the voice sounds amazingly like him. - But it is not Steiner. It is the result of voice "morphing" technology developed at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico. By taking just a 10-minute digital recording of Steiner's voice, scientist George Papcun was able, in near real time, to clone speech patterns and develop an accurate facsimile. Steiner was so impressed, he asked for a copy of the tape!

Then think about the American Jew � Nick Berg, who was sent to Iraq for spying for Israel � Caught by FBI and [b[beheaded by American occupation forces. Would you like to call Nick�s father to confirm my statement?

It�s known as Propaganda � Disinformation - The Masters of the Lie

In this particular case � I would rather believe Tehran�s story than the �in-bed-reporters� who are still find Iraq�s WMDs.

Chao!

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 12:09pm

Believe what you will, brother, you are certainly free to do so.  Just don't expect others to be so drawn in to your "zionist spooks" everywhere mentality.  You should really try spending an afternoon in a sunny garden enjoying Allah's perfect creation, it's very good for the soul.

And you didn't address the issues of the movie I mentioned or of the case of Zarah Kazemi (not that I expected you to).  Again, you are free to believe what you will.  And so am I.  Have a nice day.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 12:24pm

...Believe what you will, brother, you are certainly free to do so.  Just don't expect others to be so drawn in to your "zionist spooks" everywhere mentality. ...

Thanks for letting me (so soon) - on which side of 'Israel's Security Wall' you're.

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 12:42pm

You know what Rehmat, I for one have really had enough of you.  You have absolutely flooded this board with 'zionist spook' junk.  Much of the stuff you have said could be considered hate. 

You have offended/insulted/put-down anyone who dares to differ their opinion from yours.  You actively pick on people (or their country) - take kim! for example and how you went after Australia when she dared differ from you.

You never answer back intelligently, as your above post proves (you still didn't address the two concerns about Iran that I raised).  You love to name call and especially to call us zionists.  Give me a break!  Are you 8 years old?

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by all this?  Do you think harrassing Muslims (and non-Muslims for that matter) will increase your deen?  Do you think calling us zionists will make you more pleasing to Allah?  You really should grow up.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 1:08pm

You know what Rehmat, I for one have really had enough of you.  You have absolutely flooded this board with 'zionist spook' junk.  Much of the stuff you have said could be considered hate.  ...

You're right. Abe Foxman, the national director of ADL wrote me the same words when he read my 'Letter to Editor' in The Toronto Star.

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 3:59pm

No, I'm not impressed, not at all.

You still haven't addressed the issues (no surprise).

One cannot reason with an unreasonable mind. 

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 5:19pm

Yeah, Khomeini was a really great guy. I feel so sorry for Iran. Someone needs to make sure Khatami lives forever.

http://www.homa.org/Details.asp?ContentID=2137352879&TOCID=2083225445 - http://www.homa.org/Details.asp?ContentID=2137352879&TOC ID=2083225445

Feel free to try to speak against this - I don't know this women's credentials, but it's not the first time I have read this sort of thing.

Kim...

(later edit) Ah! Here she is! http://hometown.aol.com/ahreemanxiii/page21.html - http://hometown.aol.com/ahreemanxiii/page21.html

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Yeah, Khomeini was a really great guy. I feel so sorry for Iran. Someone needs to make sure Khatami lives forever

spare your 'Yeah' for the Jewish prophet Theodor Herzl - he might need it very soon.

A foreign delegate attending a womens conference in Iran in 1986, recounts her impressions on a visit to Imam Khomeini's house:

The main door is a simple iron door, leading to a yard about six meters long. It has three rooms, inside each of which you will find a mattress and a cushion, and a simple sofa used by the Imam for sitting and sleeping on. The kitchen is under the stairs. There is a small room for him alone for studying, praying, reading and listening to the news; it is furnished with a chair, a small table, and some book shelves.

The foreign press correspondents were surprised when they saw the house of the leader of the Ummah. They were even more surprised when they saw the Imam's food which was composed of a boiled potato, an orange, and a small chunk of bread. They asked the Imam's wife: 'Where do you sleep?' She answered simply, 'Just where we sit.'

To read the full article with photos:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/imams-house.html - http://www.inminds.co.uk/imams-house.html

-------------
Know your enemy!

Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:00pm

And? Geraldine Brooks (author of "Nine parts of Desire") said on the tv the other night that Khomeini was a family man - she has seen photos of him playing with his gradnchildren and looking like any other normal family man. What of it? Our prime minister can be a bastard sometimes, but he still has family who love him and probably lives a relatively normal lifestyle, in a nice house, admittedly, but nothing like what you might find in rich US suburbs.

Kim...

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

....Our prime minister can be a bastard sometimes,....

And Australia has 'democracy' - under which Howard was elected by a majority of Australians, Right. So so what that makes the majority of you people? Oops1 I have to do 'Wudu' again.

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:37am

Rehmat, you can do 'wudu' till the cows come home, it won't wash off the stink of the harrassment you hurl at members of this forum.  It won't wash off the stain of hate that permeates your soul.  It won't wash away the negativity that engulfs you.

Your blackness and negativity is sucking the very life out of this forum.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:07am

Rehmat, you can do 'wudu' till the cows come home, it won't wash off the stink of the harrassment you hurl at members of this forum.  It won't wash off the stain of hate that permeates your soul.  It won't wash away the negativity that engulfs you.

Your blackness and negativity is sucking the very life out of this forum.

Peace, ummziba.

I read that in ADL Textbook too!

-------------
Know your enemy!

Posted By: Salman-e Farsi
Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 8:44am

Believe what you will, brother, you are certainly free to do so.  Just don't expect others to be so drawn in to your "zionist spooks" everywhere mentality.  You should really try spending an afternoon in a sunny garden enjoying Allah's perfect creation, it's very good for the soul.

And you didn't address the issues of the movie I mentioned or of the case of Zarah Kazemi (not that I expected you to).  Again, you are free to believe what you will.  And so am I.  Have a nice day.

Peace, ummziba.

I'm an Iranian Muslim and can tell you that there is a balance inbetween.   Rehmat, there are tons of problems in today's Iran.   Nobody is denying that - Not even the regime or its supporters.   Khomeini was no remarkable man.  He was just another Ayatollah.  Iran has had many Ayatollahs that were much greater than Khomeini.  Khomeini had the luck of being at the right place at the right time.  He himself and his family were most surprised and shocked when he was about to return to Iran.  They couldn't believe what had happened.  

Ummziba, while it is true that Zahrah Kazemi was brutally assaulted and killed by most probably Mortazavi, you must also understand that one must take a lot of the criticism against the Islamic Republic with a big pinch of salt.   Western media is largely guided by agressive U.S. and Israeli misinformation campaigns against Iran and against Islam in general.  Much of what we hear about Iran in the western media is so far from the truth.  The Iranian people are unhappy with a lot of things going on in the Islamic Republic - But that doesn't mean that they are against the whole establishment.   They want change, but they want change from within, without the interference of foreigners.  And one thing is for sure, and that is that the Iranians have absolutely no confidence in the exile Iranian opposition groups.

Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 9:35am

Assalamu alaikum Brother Salman,

Thank you for that insight.  The views of one who knows better are always welcome here.

It appears we must take many things with "a big pinch of salt", both the over exaggeration in praise of Iran by those like Rehmet, as well as the over exaggeration in demonizing Iran and Islam by the western media.  Seems there are always two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Sometimes the truth is lost when people try to push their issues/ideas/ideology on to others.  May Allah guide the Iranians, and all Muslims, to the straight way.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 14 December 2005 at 7:41am
OK did Iran hold a few hundred Americans hostage for 444 days?  YES ! Did the shah even flee to America? NO! Does the Iranian gov. supply money and weapons to hezbella who then use them against Israeli citizens? (namely Israeli citizens who have no say or power to change their government's policies.) Yes Did Iran take in several Al Queda figures as "guests" after the US attacked them? YES Does the Iranian Parliament scream "Death to America" when they begin a session? YES again. did your former leader say "A nuclear exchange destroying Israel would be worth it even if everyone in Iran are martyred."? YES again! Is Iran after saying that trying to develop nuclear programs? yes! Is the US comfortable with hostile despots like that to have nukes? NOPE. Have the Americans forgotten or forgiven the hostage taking? NOPE. Did the UN ask America to send troops to act as peacekeepers in Beirut back in the 80s? YES! To show they were not there as aggressors the Americans weren't allowed to load their weapons. Did a hezbella suicide bomber hit the US troops? YES! Where did the man responsible flee to? IRAN. sounds to me like Iran WANTS a confrontation. Its the americans who sould be angry!

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net