IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tell me of Islams beauty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell me of Islams beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:20am

Thank You Fatima

I will not make that mistake. I have had that done to me.

Practicing our faith is a struggle that is life long. Each day we get better at it. Each success in doing the right thing makes us stronger and more able to tackle the "harder" thing. Success is confirming.

I once heard it explained like this.

Our life is comprised of many rooms. Our family room, our work room, our love room, our hate room, etc. It takes time for us to grow strong enough to invite our faith into each room. For what ever reason, and those are usually personal, some of us are stronger in one area than another. It takes confirmation for us to know that we are on the right track.

One of my personal examples;

I finally applied my faith to my business room. I became more organized and more calm. My wife began to like me better, LOL. My finances began to balance. I started liking myself better. There was a clear improvement in my day to day living when I was able to put faith into action. It was confirming.

These are the things I am asking here, tell me of your comfirming experiences.

Edited by Ginghis
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:34am

Assalam'oalaikum WRWB,

A very beautiful thread . Now i feel like to share my world of beauty. But remember as "Fatima says that an individual  is not a complete picture.

Am a Born muslim. I practised every thing as my mother said. I did not excavate myselves. Every thing was spoon feeded. I never questioned How Why where etc. I followed my mother compltely. But yes i had certain relation ship with Allah{swt}. I remember the day when i was in my lower KG,  and  during Ishaa'n  when i were praying along with my mom, i fell in sajda directly and i prayed loooong --- i was  speaking  to Allah {swt}, complaining of my friend and saying that now i need no friend and u are my only friend now. i did not raise up for a long time and my  mother thought it seems that i were asleep..

But i began to ponder of this world and  worried of my life {hereafter} when i lost in one of my competitive exams. Am a bright student but i did not even qualify in it. Today i understand that it was not a failure but a huge success for me. Today when i look around i praise do not praise the beauty but its Creator. I now handle my tough experiences of my life as a challenge and test from Allah, I try mmy best to change my surroundings. Now i bow silently towards fate. Qur'an had taught me handle all circumstances. I feel happy when i get a problem when i read a verse "that Allah tests his believers whom he likes"

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 7:08am

That is Beauty!!!!

What is sajda?

Edited by Ginghis
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 7:44am
Sajdah  means to prostrate
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 9:09am
Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair seekshidayath for mentioning sajda!

Yes, that is also one aspect I love.  Whenever I have to thank Allah for something or ask Him for something or even if there is nothing, I go long in sajda and that is the most peaceful time. I feel closest to my Lord.

Alhamdulillah ! I think I am not going to stop answering in this thread!

Wassalaam/Peace.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 2:04pm

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah i employed my deen in my work too. I am not sure whether you heard of the phrase, halal earning or not but it means working for every penny. I always work to my best capacity, whether the supervisors are there are not because at the end of the day i am answerable to Allah swt. So after my first job i only had to send my CV at a place and alhamdulillah my references are so good that i get the job.

Another place where i have seen change is in relationship with people. Islam tells us to like for others what you like for yourself, forgive others if you want Allah swt to forgive you and if you want Allah swt to be your best mate, be best of mate of your friends. I think life gets much easier and very beautiful mashaAllah.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
s666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:22am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Indeed difficult to express in words! I read somewhere..."the most beautiful things in life are not heard or seen, only felt".

ameen sister amah.

the most beautiful things are intangible.

its good that people are trying to express them in this thread.  its giving peace while reading through.
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 1:34pm
Yes they are intangible, and if some one has not experienced a like "feeling" a lot of this beauty is lost to them, but for those who have felt and experienced, we can share and understand and sometime never have to speak a word.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic