Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6178
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 1:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tell me of Islams beauty
Posted By: Ginghis
Subject: Tell me of Islams beauty
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 7:07am

I have a special request, and hope it is in no way insulting. Finding the words to ask this is difficult.

I don't have much personal contact with Moslem people. Please tell me of the things in your personal life that make you know you are on the right path. I would like to read your words, close my eyes, and put myself in your place and experience the beauty you see.

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 7:42am

Dear Ginghis,

Surely your request is the most lovely request I have ever seen posted by a non-Muslim on this forum.  Certainly you must be a true seeker of truth.  I don't know if anyone can express in words what you ask, but, insha'allah (Allah willing) many may try.  I will give it a go...

I was not always Muslim, so I have experienced life from both perspectives.  Before discovering Islam, my life was a bundle of stress, anxiety, worry, uncertainty, and fast paced living.  I was jaded, angry, unsettled and pretty much ticked off most of the time - not a great way to be.

After becoming Muslim and learning (and continuing to learn) about this beautiful faith, my life has completely changed.  I am at peace.  Can you understand the significance of these words?

My days are filled with the remembrance of Allah, prayer and reading Qur'an.  I do what I can of charitible works, help others when ever I am able and focus on pleasing Allah.  My life has changed focus from "what the heck?" to "what can I do to please my Lord?".  I am at peace.

This world is fast spiralling out of all reason.  My "old" self would have been an absolute wreck over the craziness of current events.  Now, as a Muslim, I am focused on pleasing Allah and find myself so calm and serene.  Of course the current events of the world are upsetting and even frightening, but, by putting all my trust in Allah, I fear nothing and stay calm.  I am at peace.

I find comfort and joy in the little things in life: beautiful flowers, bumble bees, the incredible and beautiful diversity of humankind...this joy and comfort is so easy to find and it bolsters me against all the bad and evil in the world. 

In Islam, in Allah, I find comfort, joy, serenity and most of all peace.  Allah's gift to us, the Qur'an, answers all my questions, calms all my fears, opens up new ways of thinking and looking at the world and brings me an inner peace I have never experienced from anything else.

Following Islam, submitting to Allah, is better than anything!  I don't know how else to describe it to you, but with the simple words: I am at peace.

Thanks for asking.  I hope that you find what you are looking for.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 8:20am
I hope none of the guys come around the corner and see my tears, I understand

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 8:39am

Bismillah,

Islaam gives order, peace and beauty to a world filled with anxiety and unsurety.  When we follow Islaam, we respect, love, and nurture not only our fellow Muslims, but all who show a similar respect and love of our All-Powerful, All-Knowing, Loving, Merciful, Avenging Lord.

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 10:11am
Brother Ginghis (i assume you are brother)

Indeed difficult to express in words! I read somewhere..."the most beautiful things in life are not heard or seen, only felt".

Sister ummziba and sister herjihad mentioned one common word..."peace". I experience the same and I am sure (insha allah) every Muslim will say it too!

And any revert would describe this feeling of peace, best. Any Muslim who did not practice Islam but later started doing it will experience it too.

What Islam gave me? Knowing Allah, the most beautiful. The sense of security is amazing. Your unshakable trust in Allah. The words of the Quran, so full of wisdom and guidance, you cannot find it anywhere. The noble Prophet Muhammad (saw), his life, his teachings...The sense of brotherhood/sisterhood between Muslims is one thing I love. Doing something for the sake of Allah alone and not expecting rewards from humans is an islamic concept.

As a Muslim you have hope of Allah's Mercy in  this world and the next, you know the answers to so many questions....why we are in this world, what will happen after death, what Allah wants from us and what has He promised us...

Basically everything makes sense, Islam is clear about everything. Another thing is discipline, the rules keep us in check!

Yes we can go on....but can't find enough words. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 10:33am

Yes, you assumption is correct, I am father to 5 daughters and 1 son and none of them live at home anymore. That should tell you a bit.

Thank you.

Define "Bismillah" please.

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

Define "Bismillah" please.

"Bismillah" means "In the name of God".

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 03 August 2006 at 11:40am
The first thing I think of when I think of beauty is the Qur'an. It is beautiful to hear it, read it, understand it, ponder about it, act on it.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

I have a special request, and hope it is in no way insulting. Finding the words to ask this is difficult.

I don't have much personal contact with Moslem people. Please tell me of the things in your personal life that make you know you are on the right path. I would like to read your words, close my eyes, and put myself in your place and experience the beauty you see.

Greetings to you Ginghis,

Islam gives me strength all the time, 24 hours a day. The important part is that the more my faith and myself are targeted, the stronger I become in my faith. It is the paramount that I remain obedient to my Merciful Lord, Allah under all circumstances. Events surrounding me shouldn�t deter me, and don't deter me, in any way, from becoming a better Muslim.

Islam means peace and submission to Allah. And I am happy to be a Muslim and pray to Allah that I leave this world as a Muslim while performing the best deed of my life as instructed by the Creator of the universe.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 4:59am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Hi ginghis, I will inshaAllah try to tell you experience of a born muslim who did not had much islam in her life. Alhamdulillah i had almost everything in my life. But still as soon as a slightest thing went wrong. It was all moaning and winging that why things go wrong with me. Very superficial, shallow life, majority of time been alone was scariest time as i never had good to think about.

In comparison now, alhamdulillah i count the blessing and thank in my best of ability which offcourse is nothing compared to the blessing. But i thank Allah swt once and i see ten more doors opening. I ask Allah swt's help in every matter and even when things seem to go wrong, i know in long term they are meant to be good for me. This dependancy is best thing, some might take it wrong. But imagine having some1 who loves you unconditionaly, being there for you 24/7 when ever you need, you wrong em but still as soon as you turn toward them they are like nothing ever happened. Even better, the bond gets even stronger. Having the feeling that whatever trouble you are in Allah swt only needs to say 'be' and it is. You know you never have to explain your sincerity as He is knower of the deepest secrets. You never are lonely cos you close your eyes and He is just there between you and your soul.

As every1 has said, it is this feeling of peace, just knowing that as long as you want Him, you have Him.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 6:03am

I am honored that you are sharing your experiences with me. These are personal things, but these are the things I can connect with. They transcend bias. A smile begats a smile. When your faith brings peace and confidence into your life I understand because it has happened to me.

Please continue

Posted By: lovetabuleh
Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 11:17am

If you would like to listen to the recitation of the Quran here is a website:  One of my favorite recitors, Muhammad Jibreel beautifully recites the whole quran and you could click on any chapter to download and listen to.  my favorite chapter: Vergin Mary, chapter 19.  look for Sura 19 on the list and downlaod it. 

if you read the translation in english it's beautiful as well.

:)

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFilesP.aspx?TitleID=76&TitleName=Quran_-_Mohammad_Jebreel - http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFilesP.aspx?TitleID=76& ;TitleName=Quran_-_Mohammad_Jebreel

Quran - Mohammad Jebreel - Surah 019 - Maryam (Mary) (www.aswatalislam.net).mp3

http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Quran/Quran%20-%20Mohammad%20Jebreel%20-%20mp3//Quran%20-%20Mohammad%20Jebreel%20-%20Surah%20019%20-%20Maryam%20Mary%20www.aswatalislam.net.mp3 - Download

2.02 M

Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 3:15pm

Thank You Amalhayati2, I have book marked that.

A few years ago I came to an Islamic forum similure to this one. My goal was to learn about the Quran and Islam. I received answers to most of my questions, the particpants were very gracious. I purchased a Quran and made contact with a local Imam and began to learn about Islams "Way of Life". The Imam, Farwaz Damrah, had some trouble and my study stopped. This time my goal is to learn about the people. You all are also very gracious and I thank you.

Date Posted: 04 August 2006 at 7:28pm
...and we thank you for starting this beautiful thread!

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 05 August 2006 at 11:37am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

...and we thank you for starting this beautiful thread!

Ditto!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 3:58am

Assalamu alaikum

Hi ginghis, I think its nice that you want to know about muslims but most of time each individual is not the complete picture. People have many shortcomings and its so common that those are some times associated with the religion which is not true. So hope you dont associate the wrong done by a muslim with islam.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:20am

Thank You Fatima

I will not make that mistake. I have had that done to me.

Practicing our faith is a struggle that is life long. Each day we get better at it. Each success in doing the right thing makes us stronger and more able to tackle the "harder" thing. Success is confirming.

I once heard it explained like this.

Our life is comprised of many rooms. Our family room, our work room, our love room, our hate room, etc. It takes time for us to grow strong enough to invite our faith into each room. For what ever reason, and those are usually personal, some of us are stronger in one area than another. It takes confirmation for us to know that we are on the right track.

One of my personal examples;

I finally applied my faith to my business room. I became more organized and more calm. My wife began to like me better, LOL. My finances began to balance. I started liking myself better. There was a clear improvement in my day to day living when I was able to put faith into action. It was confirming.

These are the things I am asking here, tell me of your comfirming experiences.

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:34am

Assalam'oalaikum WRWB,

A very beautiful thread . Now i feel like to share my world of beauty. But remember as "Fatima says that an individual  is not a complete picture.

Am a Born muslim. I practised every thing as my mother said. I did not excavate myselves. Every thing was spoon feeded. I never questioned How Why where etc. I followed my mother compltely. But yes i had certain relation ship with Allah{swt}. I remember the day when i was in my lower KG,  and  during Ishaa'n  when i were praying along with my mom, i fell in sajda directly and i prayed loooong --- i was  speaking  to Allah {swt}, complaining of my friend and saying that now i need no friend and u are my only friend now. i did not raise up for a long time and my  mother thought it seems that i were asleep..

But i began to ponder of this world and  worried of my life {hereafter} when i lost in one of my competitive exams. Am a bright student but i did not even qualify in it. Today i understand that it was not a failure but a huge success for me. Today when i look around i praise do not praise the beauty but its Creator. I now handle my tough experiences of my life as a challenge and test from Allah, I try mmy best to change my surroundings. Now i bow silently towards fate. Qur'an had taught me handle all circumstances. I feel happy when i get a problem when i read a verse "that Allah tests his believers whom he likes"

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 7:08am

That is Beauty!!!!

What is sajda?

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 7:44am
Sajdah  means to prostrate

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 9:09am
Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair seekshidayath for mentioning sajda!

Yes, that is also one aspect I love.  Whenever I have to thank Allah for something or ask Him for something or even if there is nothing, I go long in sajda and that is the most peaceful time. I feel closest to my Lord.

Alhamdulillah ! I think I am not going to stop answering in this thread!

Wassalaam/Peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 2:04pm

Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah i employed my deen in my work too. I am not sure whether you heard of the phrase, halal earning or not but it means working for every penny. I always work to my best capacity, whether the supervisors are there are not because at the end of the day i am answerable to Allah swt. So after my first job i only had to send my CV at a place and alhamdulillah my references are so good that i get the job.

Another place where i have seen change is in relationship with people. Islam tells us to like for others what you like for yourself, forgive others if you want Allah swt to forgive you and if you want Allah swt to be your best mate, be best of mate of your friends. I think life gets much easier and very beautiful mashaAllah.

wassalam

-------------

Posted By: s666
Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:22am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Indeed difficult to express in words! I read somewhere..."the most beautiful things in life are not heard or seen, only felt".

ameen sister amah.

the most beautiful things are intangible.

its good that people are trying to express them in this thread.  its giving peace while reading through.

Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 1:34pm
Yes they are intangible, and if some one has not experienced a like "feeling" a lot of this beauty is lost to them, but for those who have felt and experienced, we can share and understand and sometime never have to speak a word.

Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 9:18pm

Insha'allah,

I have put myself

in your place.

Sajdah,

in the firm, smiling

hand of Allah.

Wretch that I am

is comforted,

by his word.

Unfailing in its truth

and the light

I could not see

Until I had given

all of me.

Posted By: Jockey
Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 1:12am
What a nice and beautiful thread this one is. the participants sound so honest and sincere. Its assuring that Muslims quickly respond to do the best they can inorder to explain Islam for non muslims. One thing, though, i notice that almost all the responses are talking about personal experiences and feelings about islam and what islam does for an individual. Also the resposes are all emotional or sentimental. and these emotions, i think, are also experienced by followers of other faiths as well. I've had friendships with many non-muslims; budhists, christians, and hindus, and they have similar experiences such as the ones revealed here. they So what is it then that makes Islam so special, or more special?

and if we talk about finances, and economic well being, or ease of finding a good job or finding any job, then we can surely see that non-muslims are doing much better in those areas than muslims, dont you agree?

-------------
Its Coming Soon...

Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Jockey Jockey wrote:

and if we talk about finances, and economic well being, or ease of finding a good job or finding any job, then we can surely see that non-muslims are doing much better in those areas than muslims, dont you agree?

So what are you trying to say brother????????

"Please tell me of the things in your personal life that make you know you are on the right path. I would like to read your words, close my eyes, and put myself in your place and experience the beauty you see."

This is what brother ginghis requested. And we are replying accordingly.

Please don't spoil this thread!
Wassalaam.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:11am

No one can ruin this thread.

Thank You All!

Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:20am

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by Jockey Jockey wrote:

I've had friendships with many non-muslims; budhists, christians, and hindus, and they have similar experiences such as the ones revealed here. they So what is it then that makes Islam so special, or more special?

Well islam is special because it asks you to follow one God, very simple way that you dont need any1 else in between. It is special because it brought a book which is not been proven wrong even after 1400 years instead each new finding shows its originality from a divine being. It is special because it gave a history of true impliance resulting in one of the most successful and greatest societies.

Now finding a job or being successful in any thing is a different matter. If you are a good muslim you know your duties toward your Lord and towards people. So you be fair in your dealing resulting in a peace of mind and most probably peaceful life. Now some times good people live a hard life, reason behind this is been told in so many places in Holy Quran, 'Alif Lam Mim. Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried? And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars'. (29:1-3) Being good and upright is easier than doing same in hardship so Allah swt tries His servants.

Another reason could be our collective efforts, we muslims are not what we should be except very few blessed ones. So Allah swt has put us in a state where we need to realize the wrong done by majority of us and change it. If we are good muslims, Allah swt blesses us with goodness of this world and the next but if we stray away then its destruction in both.

wassalam

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net