IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Censorship  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Censorship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Censorship
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:41pm
I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge. 
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 5:47am

Well, of course you're right, Megatron.  I'm ready to discuss anytime.  Just let me know when everyone involved is ready as well.  OR, does anyone really care what opinions are formed about Islam and/or this site by non-muslims?  Are our numbers here so insignificant that it doesn't matter, financially, whether we remain or not?  How about morally?  Does that matter? 

Personally, I don't give a rat's behind who took 20mg of Grumpy Pills this morning....I'm not going away unless I'm told to.  I like it here.  I'm used to debate and name-calling.  It's part of life.  I choose to ignore it most of the time.  And I somehow think that's what we all need to learn to do.  IGNORE those individuals who we know to be hate-filled bigots.  Those who are NOT here to "build bridges of peace", but rather to tear down any that are under construction.  Don't let these people get to you!  Be the most forgiving, mature, and knowledgeable person you can possibly be......then you will notice those who are most disrespectful, rude, and irritating will soon go away.  They FEED on ATTENTION.....so don't give it to them. 

This requires a lot of self-discipline and maturity.  But I know all  of you who are truly here for debate and learning can do it!  I know that you have that strength needed to reach out and talk to everyone in a civilized manner!   Let's try it.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Now, back to business.

God's Peace, Wisdom, and Maturity to All!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:08pm

Can't anyone see what she is doing?? She is trying to christianise people!

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:24pm

Patty

Online Status: Offline

Muslima

Online Status: Offline

Peace Out!  Who's the troublemaker? 

Ahhh, that's me....  (and I'll take my Yellow Card Amah.  I consider myself warned)

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Can't anyone see what she is doing?? She is trying to christianise people!

how?
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:40am

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge. 

Absolutely.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:32am

Dear Colin,please consider on the guard-lines of the board,you should not respond to a paragraph with one word,at least seven words needed.Thanks in advance for your corporation.

Moderator of Hearts,brother Suleyman

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Dear Colin,please consider on the guard-lines of the board,you should not respond to a paragraph with one word,at least seven words needed.Thanks in advance for your corporation.

Moderator of Hearts,brother Suleyman

Dear Suleyman The Modnificent, I'm sorry...I forgot all about the "seven word response rule"....but surely that only applies on Tuesdays and Saturdays?...perhaps it's part of the updated guidelines?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic