Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5317
Printed Date: 24 May 2024 at 1:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Censorship
Posted By: Megatron
Subject: Censorship
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:41pm
I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge. 

Replies:
Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 5:47am

Well, of course you're right, Megatron.  I'm ready to discuss anytime.  Just let me know when everyone involved is ready as well.  OR, does anyone really care what opinions are formed about Islam and/or this site by non-muslims?  Are our numbers here so insignificant that it doesn't matter, financially, whether we remain or not?  How about morally?  Does that matter? 

Personally, I don't give a rat's behind who took 20mg of Grumpy Pills this morning....I'm not going away unless I'm told to.  I like it here.  I'm used to debate and name-calling.  It's part of life.  I choose to ignore it most of the time.  And I somehow think that's what we all need to learn to do.  IGNORE those individuals who we know to be hate-filled bigots.  Those who are NOT here to "build bridges of peace", but rather to tear down any that are under construction.  Don't let these people get to you!  Be the most forgiving, mature, and knowledgeable person you can possibly be......then you will notice those who are most disrespectful, rude, and irritating will soon go away.  They FEED on ATTENTION.....so don't give it to them. 

This requires a lot of self-discipline and maturity.  But I know all  of you who are truly here for debate and learning can do it!  I know that you have that strength needed to reach out and talk to everyone in a civilized manner!   Let's try it.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Now, back to business.

God's Peace, Wisdom, and Maturity to All!

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Posted By: Muslima
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:08pm

Can't anyone see what she is doing?? She is trying to christianise people!

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:24pm

Patty

Online Status: Offline

Muslima

Online Status: Offline

Peace Out!  Who's the troublemaker? 

Ahhh, that's me....  (and I'll take my Yellow Card Amah.  I consider myself warned)

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Can't anyone see what she is doing?? She is trying to christianise people!

how?

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:40am

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge. 

Absolutely.

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:32am

Dear Colin,please consider on the guard-lines of the board,you should not respond to a paragraph with one word,at least seven words needed.Thanks in advance for your corporation.

Moderator of Hearts,brother Suleyman

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Dear Colin,please consider on the guard-lines of the board,you should not respond to a paragraph with one word,at least seven words needed.Thanks in advance for your corporation.

Moderator of Hearts,brother Suleyman

Dear Suleyman The Modnificent, I'm sorry...I forgot all about the "seven word response rule"....but surely that only applies on Tuesdays and Saturdays?...perhaps it's part of the updated guidelines?

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:57am
No Brother,just teasing and trying to tell how moderators seem from the outside....take care...

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Can't anyone see what she is doing?? She is trying to Christianize people!

Dear Sister Muslima;Sister Patty and Angela are the ones who are our friends,please do not offend from their words or tellings and know that one can not Christianize people without the consent of Allah,know these two sister as the rare jewels and try to learn from them the meaning of Christianity and be sure of Islam's knowledge,if there will some persons accure who will get Christianize then be sure that we will put the knowledge of Qur'an inside the court,but please see the board's level very unique to learn others,should be stay on that point...wa salaam....

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 4:36am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

No Brother,just teasing and trying to tell how moderators seem from the outside....take care...

I know you were Suley. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net