IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iran will not bow to ’pressure’  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iran will not bow to ’pressure’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:46pm
If Iran threaten fuel disruption the US will probably ask Saudi Arabia to step up production. They've done it before when supplies have been endangered. Also, I doubt if Iran would want to limit production too much and lose out on oil revenue.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:50pm

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

If Iran threaten fuel disruption the US will probably ask Saudi Arabia to step up production. They've done it before when supplies have been endangered. Also, I doubt if Iran would want to limit production too much and lose out on oil revenue.

how do you know that saudi will do only that which U.S. says?

U.S. cannot bully everybody.

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:39am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

If Iran threaten fuel disruption the US will probably ask Saudi Arabia to step up production. They've done it before when supplies have been endangered. Also, I doubt if Iran would want to limit production too much and lose out on oil revenue.

how do you know that saudi will do only that which U.S. says?

U.S. cannot bully everybody.

They have done it before and could do it again....but without speaking to the Saudi royal family I can't be 100% certain.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 1:50am
Saudis seem to have quite a long history of bailing oil shortages out. Colin is not always wrong, he strays only when he is wearing the Great Brit Shades to overlook how the Brits have cooked some of the worst flares in our world - out of sheer greed and utter racist attitudes. 
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 4:30am

Mi Lord Colin, I got my Reality Lenses fitted at a shop just two and half streets away from the British Spin Stores.

Maharaja Whisper, what are you doing shopping in a filthy capitalist emporium?

Mi Lord, Mahraja is normally a Khanzadeh's vassal, but the shop, as I said, is a good two and a half streets past this Cap It All ist emporium.

There are Tuzeks - (Diaries in Farsi) kept by eminent persons and some cases also by just the men in the street available by the gross. Unfortunately, these accounts are in Farsi (the official language of the entire sub-continent till the Brits changed it obviously to Ingleesh in 1912) and Turkish.

I see. I sincerely wish one day you do.

Plus, the Indian is brought up in a society where people actually speak with each other (unlike in our Shires). 

Speak to each other?....What a novel concept. In fact, at once normal when we leave the shores of Great Britain, you will see even Brits start talking with each other!

A lot of Indian scribes have spoken to themselves at length in Tuzeks in a whole range of local dialects.

That's nice. Yes, that used to be very nice, but now they just sit and watch "Antakshari" or other things on Zee or B4U.

When we study these we come to assemble an account of ahle hind and their Hindestan. This account comes to stand at the farthest end of the racist spin offered to the English readers.

Is the Indian caste system better than racism? No, but the Indian caste system has not been patronised by the state.

My friend, I know, they did not speak English, but before the Brits set foot on the sub-continent, they had some enviable life. Why else would all European de nasties be dying to strike the route to that fabled land?

Curry... the Brits needed curry.. Ah, but we never saw them eating anything other than stake & spuds when they were here.

Poor Columbus was mad with delight to have reached there, but just imagine his sadness on seeing today what he had opened up!

Chrissy Columbus...what a man.....I didn't realise that he also discovered India. The poor chap had thought that's where 'e was.

My friend, the Brits have a lot to explain, apologise and settle compensation for having mutilated cultures,

So have the Moghuls. Really, they seem to have Indianised so well that the Indians never had to shout "Quit India" at them.

distorting human societies by force,

So have the Moghuls. I wish we could find some examples.

for looting other peoples' treasures (I am not talking of Elgin marbles, here!)

So have the Moghuls. And took it where?

and for practising utter most racist systems across the globe.

I bet if you were born an "untouchable" in the Indian caste system you might have a different take on things. I agree, but it's not implemented in India by the government of the day. Plus, at least the untouchables are not today forced to consume salt from some Cheshire mines or line up for Rochdale woven cloth.

Israel was a British dream long before any Zionists were coined or invented by the Special Services. Do you want me to quote Churchill in 1912 verbatim? Or, shall we leave it just for the day?

You quote Churchill if you want, and I'll counter-quote something in history that will reflect bad on your idealised worldview. ...but I don't want to get into such a time wasting excercise. My friend, Churchill's dream of "a land of four million jews (when there were less than 100,000 jews in the whole of Palestine) in the heart of Arablands . . . serving British interest . . ." has caused bloodshed and global distress, it has promoted terrorism.

I hold no idealised worldview. I have even stood against Afghan colonialism of my own forefathers.

Love your shades, far better tint by the world's best experienced Tint and Spin Masters.

At least I can recognise my country's failings...Just remember this Sir Whisper of Have-gun-istan..We Brits were a great nation until those filthy Romans conquered us and made us wear gay open-toed sandals and effeminate nylon togas....and gave us sanitation...and wine...and olive oil....and decent roads...and made it safe to walk the streets at night.....and built nice houses with proper chimneys..and..... Oh yes, those B's . . . but I do love the A 5.

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 4:32am

Whisper wrote: Colin is not always wrong, he strays only when he is wearing the Great Brit Shades

You are wrong on this one Sir Whisper. I wear global shades that have a special coating which allows me to see that Britain (Like just about every country on Earth) has episodes in her history which there is nothing to be proud of.

to overlook how the Brits have cooked some of the worst flares in our world - out of sheer greed

I don't think we've cooked any flares (I've never tasted cooked trousers)..but we have cooked some pretty aweful meals...that's why had to steal India's curry powder.... We needed the lovely spices...

and utter racist attitudes. 

That sounds a bit racist to me......

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 5:22am

Then Mi Lord thou knowest not how our behaved in India and East Africa. Some accounts would make interesting reading. The Brits were outright racists and rather blatantly anti-Muslim all across their domain. It will also be very interesting meting some Indians in India. We would always ster clear of the Malaysians. Wasn't apartheid a British device? 

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Then Mi Lord thou knowest not how our behaved in India and East Africa. Some accounts would make interesting reading. The Brits were outright racists and rather blatantly anti-Muslim all across their domain. It will also be very interesting meting some Indians in India. We would always ster clear of the Malaysians. Wasn't apartheid a British device? 

Sir Mega-Raja of Whisperbad, how can thee possibly knowest wot I knowest and not knowest? I knowest that racism was not the sole preserve of the Brits but admit that we were very good at it. Most people in Britain today are very positive about our multi-cultural society, but I'm not so stoopid to think there aren't a fair share of closset racists hiding in the woodwork.

Also Sir Mega-Whisper of Rajabad, I was never one to swallow the BS that used to pass as history at Skool. I am aware of many of our colonial misadventures. I can't change the past, but I will speak out if I see fellow Brits reverting back to past attitudes or actions. That is partly the reason I have from day one, opposed the fiasco that is Iraq...or as I like to call it, operation barking up the wrong palm tree.

Edited by Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic