IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attacked in my sleep- Terrified.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttacked in my sleep- Terrified.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:45am
I would just like to point out that I too face this and not only that..but feel a hand scratching the back of my kneck and I force myself to wake up many many times but I am unable too wake up until finally the hand scratching at the back of my kneck stops then I can wake up. Sometimes I feel such horrible pressure on me and unable to move and open my eyes even though I am awake..
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by BlueSun BlueSun wrote:

However, these we believe to be symptoms of some other underlying cause, which you believe as being where the "mind is awake and the body is asleep"

Not only is that impossible, as all possible states of consciousness are controlled by the brain, so if they mind is awake then so is the body.

Then explain to me why i am awake, and my body cannot move! ?

Quote I've had instances where I rolling around, eyes wide open fighting off something, this is not sleep paralyses !

I wouldn't say that myself either and it doesn't sound like sleep paralysis either.

Quote Sleep paralyses is the attempted scientific explanation given to this phenomenon, it lacks in proof and even theory.

lacks proof??? what am I and many people out there?? even test sleep test have been performed.

There are many people out there who have and continue with this, including me!(although since becoming aware I haven't had any episodes) 

Quote What you have read is the scientific opinion, and of course religion is not based on science. Science on the other the study to unravel the marvels of gods creation, even then most of what science is purely theoretical. It is not proven to this day whether an Atom exists or not !!  

And rain falling from the sky is not factual  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:46am

It amazes me how we are so inclined to believe an article in a journal, yet reject the word of Allah (swt).

I'm going on personal experience here and not necessarily an article and where there are evidence, what about you?

It was asked if others had experience, so since I had I talked and gave what it is and some more information, it is not just that article, I gave other resources that talks more and with causes.

Quote I guess firstly you have to believe in god to have some understanding of Jinn�s or demons.

just a guess of yours not fact!

I do believe in God.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:04am

Rain is mentioned in the Qur'an, Sleep Paralyses is not !!!

Thousands of scientific studies into all the ayats of the Qur'an have revealed that no person is able to come up with a single ayat that is exactly the same as one in the Qur'an. And this will never happen, why? because it says so in the Qur'an, like it there are ayats on rain ! 

It seems obsurd that since you became aware of this scientific phenonmenon you no longer experience "Sleep Paralyses", if only we could cure the world in this way !!! I'm sure in this case you are a medical marvel, perhaps you should donate your body to scientific study. ( I have very little time, else I would go into this subject a little more, perhaps later, since right now I am at work !)

Khalid ibn Waleed - The Sword of Allah - Greatest General of all time !!!
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:13am

I'm sorry, I'm not having a go at you, but it appears you are attacking my beliefs, since in the Qur'an Jinns are mentioned frequently so not to believe in Jinns, is not to believe in the All Mighty.

All I can say it is impossible for the mind to be awake and the body to be asleep. These studies always involve people who suffer from such episodes, I know how results can be portrayed, I studied Bio-Psychology for 4 years, and believe me when the mind is awake the body is awake !

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:28am

It seems obsurd that since you became aware of this scientific phenonmenon you no longer experience "Sleep Paralyses", if only we could cure the world in this way !!! I'm sure in this case you are a medical marvel, perhaps you should donate your body to scientific study. ( I have very little time, else I would go into this subject a little more, perhaps later, since right now I am at work !)

Bluesun, it's not really that absurd, it's probably a manifestation of the widely accepted psychosomatic principle that the mind can have a direct affect on the body.

psy�cho�so�mat�ic   Audio pronunciation of "Psychosomatic" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (sk-s-mtk)
adj.

1. Of or relating to a disorder having physical symptoms but originating from mental or emotional causes.
  2. Relating to or concerned with the influence of the mind on the body, and the body on the mind, especially with respect to disease: psychosomatic medicine.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:38am

Rain is mentioned in the Qur'an, Sleep Paralyses is not !!!

Thousands of scientific studies into all the ayats of the Qur'an have revealed that no person is able to come up with a single ayat that is exactly the same as one in the Qur'an. And this will never happen, why? because it says so in the Qur'an, like it there are ayats on rain ! 

I'll stick with the thousands of books over just 1. Any 1 book.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:56am

Thankyou for looking into the dictionary for Psychosomatic for me !

Lack of faith in the Almighty Creator is one of the theories of psychological disorders leading to psychoneurosis and psychoses.  This can be understood from the knowledge of the mechanisms of development disorders.

Man is constantly exposed to stress conditions.  It is not possible to avoid stress in life.  One tries to adjust to the stresses of life by methods which he has learned as well as by the inherited tendencies of reactions to stress.  The resul of this stress adaptation interaction is a STESS REACTION.  The effect of this stress reaction will depend upon the severity on stress and on the power of adaptation of the individual to stress.  If stress is mild an dpower of adaptation is good, the reaction results in an adjustment which is beneficial to the individual.  However, if the stress is severe and adjustment poor, it results in major mental disorders (psychosis).

A person who has the faith in Allah the Alkmighty and He is with Him, has an intense moral support which will sustain him in th emost adverse situations in life.

The hadith mention extensively of the importance of the virtues of remembrances of Allah and the Holy Quran bears a testimony to it in the following words:

BEHOLD ITS MERIT THAT REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH BESTOWS SATISFACTION OF HEART

Maybe Sleep Paralyses has it's foundations in psychoneurosis??

It is logical to conclude that believing in one Allah as preached by Islam provides the real moral support as needed in life and bestows satisfaction of heart.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic