IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you intend to see The Da Vinci Code?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you intend to see The Da Vinci Code?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 4:48am
Originally posted by smanzoor smanzoor wrote:

assalamualaikum brother smanzoor

you did not say about yourself. what would you do?

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:19am

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

I liked your signature. I think it is the essence of Islam

JazakAllah

I agree!  MaShahAllah!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 7:14am
smanzoor and herjihad, thanks!!! What good is praying and fasting if you are a rude and mean person? Thats my motto, be decent and kind and being a Muslim go together hand in hand. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:03am

Well yes.

One of the aspects of christianity, especially the Catholic Church has been their idealogy towards women.  You will find many women who left the Catholic Church for this very reason.

You know at one time a pope had a boy painted over in gold during the Renaissance. Of course it killed him.

Having been raised Catholic (leaving at an early age) i notice these things.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:20am
Originally posted by ZEA J ZEA J wrote:

no, because i think the movie is an insult to one of the greatest prophet of  ALLAAH

Hmm Zea J, my sister said the same thing.

Edited by Abeer23
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 8:01am
I will see the movie
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:13am

Yes, I will watch it. I just finished the book and his Angels and Demons before that.

He's a great writer and is they are very fast reading.

They just don't get it!
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:27am

I certainly won't see it.  Dan Brown is interested in one thing, money. And he's making a fortune blaspheming our Precious Jesus....and my Church.  Remember one thing, he had to bill it as fiction because he knew no publisher would touch it unless he did.....but he intentionally attempts to mislead those who are gullible enough to believe his lies.

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic