Do you intend to see The Da Vinci Code?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4862
Printed Date: 15 May 2024 at 2:21pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do you intend to see The Da Vinci Code?
Posted By: smanzoor
Subject: Do you intend to see The Da Vinci Code?
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 1:17pm

Yes, I can't wait!
No, no no, it contradicts what I believe!
Maybe, it's just a movie?

-------------
Best Regards
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
http://www.ClearVisionPK.com - Clear Vision Pakistan

Replies:
Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 1:19pm

Yes, but I remember one thing too many are forgeting ITS FICTION! 

Posted By: ZEA J
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by smanzoor smanzoor wrote:

no, because i think the movie is an insult to one of the greatest prophet of  ALLAAH

-------------
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 4:51pm

Bismillah,

Maybe when it's on tv.  I heard that it's fiction that some are taking for truth.  But I liked Constantine, and obviously I don't agree with their representation of the Angel Gabriel.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 5:48pm
I'll wait for the bittorrent version.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:44pm
Doesn't the movie badly portray the catholic church, not the prophet Esa(peace be with him) in a negative light? The catholic church has lots of dark secrets and I think that is the point of the movie.

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: smanzoor
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 11:42pm

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

I liked your signature. I think it is the essence of Islam

JazakAllah

-------------
Best Regards
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
http://www.ClearVisionPK.com - Clear Vision Pakistan

Posted By: salman
Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 11:49pm

NO

-------------
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.

Date Posted: 17 May 2006 at 4:48am

assalamualaikum brother smanzoor

you did not say about yourself. what would you do?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:19am

I liked your signature. I think it is the essence of Islam

JazakAllah

I agree!  MaShahAllah!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 17 May 2006 at 7:14am
smanzoor and herjihad, thanks!!! What good is praying and fasting if you are a rude and mean person? Thats my motto, be decent and kind and being a Muslim go together hand in hand. Peace

-------------

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:03am

Well yes.

One of the aspects of christianity, especially the Catholic Church has been their idealogy towards women.  You will find many women who left the Catholic Church for this very reason.

You know at one time a pope had a boy painted over in gold during the Renaissance. Of course it killed him.

Having been raised Catholic (leaving at an early age) i notice these things.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:20am
Originally posted by ZEA J ZEA J wrote:

no, because i think the movie is an insult to one of the greatest prophet of  ALLAAH

Hmm Zea J, my sister said the same thing.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 8:01am
I will see the movie

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: USA1
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:13am

Yes, I will watch it. I just finished the book and his Angels and Demons before that.

He's a great writer and is they are very fast reading.

-------------
They just don't get it!

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:27am

I certainly won't see it.  Dan Brown is interested in one thing, money. And he's making a fortune blaspheming our Precious Jesus....and my Church.  Remember one thing, he had to bill it as fiction because he knew no publisher would touch it unless he did.....but he intentionally attempts to mislead those who are gullible enough to believe his lies.

God's Peace,

Patty

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Posted By: USA1
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I certainly won't see it.  Dan Brown is interested in one thing, money. And he's making a fortune blaspheming our Precious Jesus....and my Church.  Remember one thing, he had to bill it as fiction because he knew no publisher would touch it unless he did.....but he intentionally attempts to mislead those who are gullible enough to believe his lies.

God's Peace,

Patty

I read it and I don't believe it. It's a book not a documentary.

If you are strong in your faith, nothing will sway you. This is what I believe.

-------------
They just don't get it!

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:14am

USA1 said:

"If you are strong in your faith, nothing will sway you. This is what I believe."

It has nothing to do with being strong in my faith.  I have great faith in our loving and precious Lord.  It has to do with paying money to such an immoral, blasphemous man as Dan Brown, and to an equally immoral Hollywood filmmaking society who would even consider producing such a total piece of garbage.  Also, as Sony is one of the sponsors of this pack of lies, my family and friends have made our last purchase from them.  I will not give one red cent to them.  That is my reason for not going.

"You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."

Peace be with you!

Patty

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 8:20pm

why is dan brown nterested in money, this is not his first book and the character of Robert Langdon has been in another book of his.

Mislead???

If anybody takes truth as what is said in this instead of doing research themselves and check with scholars is then probably gullible.

what would anybody do if it was true?

While I know this is just fiction, it wouldn't be surprising if it was true, the vatican holds many dark secrets that they don't share, there is a whole library that virtually no one is allowed to see and it makes me wonder what have they got to hide  and i'm sure its not to protect books from erosion

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 19 May 2006 at 1:50am
I do not care Da Vinci and the Code and the hidden parts in Vatican,i will go to that film for only Tom Hanks...

Date Posted: 19 May 2006 at 6:07am

"the vatican holds many dark secrets that they don't share, there is a whole library that virtually no one is allowed to see and it makes me wonder what have they got to hide"

I am really offended at the lies which anti-Catholics/Christianity love to spread.  I always try to be very respectful of everyone else's religion, and I would appreciate the same.  It amazes me how one can make such a blanket statement, such as the one above, and yet offer no reference material which backs up their biased claim.  Here are the archives from the Vatican:

http://asv.vatican.va/home_en.htm - http://asv.vatican.va/home_en.htm

And here is the Vatican library (not much of a "secret", is it?????)

http://bav.vatican.va/en/v_home_bav/home_bav.shtml - http://bav.vatican.va/en/v_home_bav/home_bav.shtml

Now, I personally don't care who does or does not go to see the DaVinci Code.  (I would hope people would have more common sense and more devotion to Jesus than that, but we all have our reasons.) I have been reading the reviews and critiques' of this blasphemous film, and they are TERRIBLE!   Many people have been so bored they fell asleep.  Now that is encouraging.  I hope it ends up just falling flat on it's lying face!

God's Peace and Wisdom to All,

Patty

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 9:41am

Bismillah,

Has anyone seen the late night shows take on this?  One of them was really low and I despise the way they ridiculed Jesus.

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 10:18am

I am sorry but i can not agree with comments on Vatican,how can we explain the original text of Barnabas Gospel being hidden by Vatican for hundred years,how can we explain the second original text of this Gospel had been taken by from the library of Oxford?...

If you leave your religion to Vatican,you will do the worst thing to the name of Jesus(a.s)....please let we all wake up from the sleep for the name of Jesus(a.s.)...we have got so much things to do if we see we have the power and this film proved how we all wasted our times...wa salaam...

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ZEA J ZEA J wrote:

Asalaamu Walaikum:

What insult is there from a Muslim point of view? All the movie says is that Jesus is not god and that he married and had a wife, what is wrong with that? Only the trinitarians should worry?

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 6:00pm
NO

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 11:42pm
BAN ! BAN !

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2006 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

"the vatican holds many dark secrets that they don't share, there is a whole library that virtually no one is allowed to see and it makes me wonder what have they got to hide"

I am really offended at the lies which anti-Catholics/Christianity love to spread. 

And I am offended that you think I am anti-catholic/christianity. Sheesh!!!!!

Just because I have some views without some back up material about it..........DOESN'T make me anti.

Quote I always try to be very respectful of everyone else's religion, and I would appreciate the same.  It amazes me how one can make such a blanket statement, such as the one above, and yet offer no reference material which backs up their biased claim. 

I'm so sorry that I don't keep every single minute detail of references/resources under by belt!

Quote Here are the archives from the Vatican:

http://asv.vatican.va/home_en.htm - http://asv.vatican.va/home_en.htm

And here is the Vatican library (not much of a "secret", is it?????)

LOL!

And I am suppose to believe now that the Vatican doesn't hold any secrets now

AS I understand not everything is put up on the site.

ANd by the way it is true that virtually no one is not allowed to go into the library and it is a small part that is open to those people whether they are elite people or documentary makers that do get the permission to see the library, I've seen it myself in documentaries, the books are old and they are chained up to polls (so people don't run off with them

So next time Patty that you want to lash out on me or anyone perhaps do some research yourself first..

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2006 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

I am sorry but i can not agree with comments on Vatican,how can we explain the original text of Barnabas Gospel being hidden by Vatican for hundred years,how can we explain the second original text of this Gospel had been taken by from the library of Oxford?...

If you leave your religion to Vatican,you will do the worst thing to the name of Jesus(a.s)....please let we all wake up from the sleep for the name of Jesus(a.s.)...we have got so much things to do if we see we have the power and this film proved how we all wasted our times...wa salaam...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net