IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - India and U.S. to explore the moon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

India and U.S. to explore the moon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:48am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

they are lovely, very thoughtful, adventurous...

�

and you did the head count ?
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:03am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

they are lovely, very thoughtful, adventurous...

and you did the head count ?

i did the tail count....

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:26am

I can only say that there is good and bad in all countries.  You would not believe the horrendous crimes which are committed here in the US against women and children.....and men.  Sadistic, heinous crimes!  It goes on everywhere.  It is the sinful nature of man. 

I worked for many Indian physicians.  All I can say is they were wonderful to me.  One was a sikh and one was a muslim.  I was treated like a queen.  They especially liked my sense of humor, and it didn't both them in the slightest that I am a blue eye blond from Ireland (originally)....my grandfather is buried in Londonderry, Ireland.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:26pm

i did the tail count....

You should stop counting monkeys
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:10am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

i did the tail count....

You should stop counting monkeys

why....don't you know ak...there are monkeys in indian forests....and even they are emotional, very thoughtful, adventurous.....just like the indian people

everything is so beautiful in india...

so if somebody lives in india, it does not really matter wether he does the head count or tail count.......

Edited by salman_s
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 6:37am

The plans apparently extend not only to the moon, but also to Mars:

After Moon, India is keen to reach out to Mars

BY RAMNATH SHENOY BANGALORE, JAN 17 (PTI)

After the Moon mission, India wants to reach out to Mars and the Government is keen to jump into a possible global bandwagon for this potentially exciting planetary exploration.

Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman G Madhavan Nair said the US and Europe appear to favour a global partnership in this context, and India would be more than willing to be a partner in this huge exercise.

"For the mankind, the next interesting thing (after Moon) is Mars. Already there are indications that more inhabitable...And so on", Nair told PTI here. "To reach there and make an investigation is a big challenge. After the Moon, Mars could be logical step".

India has proposed an unmanned scientific mission to Moon (Chandrayaan-I) in early 2008, in a Rs 380 crore project. The 525 kg satellite is planned to be launched on board India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle and placed in 100 km polar orbit around the moon. It will have a life-time of two years.

On Mars, he said there were many countries looking forward to reach Mars in the 2010-2015 time frame. "My personal opinion is we should not be left behind in the race".

According to him, the US and Europe have suggested a global partnership for planetary explorations.

"If planetary explorations become an international theme, it benefits all. We (India) will welcome such a move (global partnership) from any quarter", Madhavan, who is also the Secretary in the Department of Space said.

The ISRO Chairman said the Indian space agency is not shying away from manned mission to Moon. "It's not a question of shying away. Whether we need it (manned mission to Moon) immediately....That debate is going on. Opinion is truely divided. Some people believe that the instruments themselves are more than adequate...Robots can do the job and so on. A few others believe it (manned mission) is a national pride and we should do it.

"We are also subjecting this for an internal review as well as in various professional bodies. May be in the course of a year, we will have better clarity on that (whether or not India should go for a manned mission)," he said.

"If we decide to do such a job, yes, we will gear up for facing such a challenge".

Asked if ISRO has plans to go in for a manned mission, after the unmanned Moon one, Nair said manned mission is going to be very expensive and one has to do cost-benefit analysis. "So, when all this analysis is complete and if there is a positive edge on that (manned mission), we will do it".

Nair also said it's not the fear of failure that's holding back ISRO on manned mission.

"Any ISRO mission is of that kind, very very complex. We have got rockets with hundreds of sub-systems. Satellites with equal complexities in terms of computer and power...Risk has to be taken. In any field there is a finite chance of failure. We have to take risk".

He also said ISRO, at the same time, is also studying technologies associated with manned mission.

On China's manned missions to Moon, Nair said he believed India's neighbour would have got technologies for it from Russia.

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 6:46am

Here are some excerpts from a recent article which show ways in which those in extreme poverty will benefit from space exploration:

"In addition to this acknowledged source of demand for methanol fuel cells, the author now proposes a new use that could create demand that dwarfs the markets described previously, specifically the deployment of alcohol-powered fuel cells as an interim step in providing electricity to rural India and China. Anil K. Rajvanshi, Director of the Nimbkar Agricultural Institute in Maharashtra, India has recently written that �it is a matter of shame for all of us that even 56 years after independence, 63% of all rural households in India do not have electricity and use kerosene for lighting.� Running power grid electricity into every rural hamlet in India, China, and elsewhere in Asia, as well as South America and Africa, will cost trillions of dollars and require decades to accomplish, yet that task is essential for the economic development of billions of human beings.

This potential use also creates political allies as space advocates seek sustained governmental funding for space exploration, both inside the United States and around the world. This potential use also establishes a basis for India and the United States to form a strategic partnership for the development and exploitation of lunar platinum. Our assistance with the economic development of the rural poor in India could assist the United States in forging even stronger ties with a vital future ally."

If you are interested, there is much more information available at this link:

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/555/1

God's Peace!

Patty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic