IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered.

In the Quran 18:27 it says "

And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge."

Now I know it is a pillar that Muslims are to believe in the Gospel/Injeel and the Torah but so far it seems like a majority say oh the Bible is corrupt and the Torah is corrupt. Now my question is according to this verse it is saying there is no changer of Gods words so how is the Torah for example corrupt if Gods words cannot be changed. And what does this verse mean exactly by that because anyone can go ahead and change a word in the Quran for example.

Carrying on regarding it being a pillar for Muslims to believe in the Injeel/Torah and Muslims saying they are corrupted, what exactly is the real Injeel then?.

In the Quran it clearly says there is no compulsion in religion however I have run into a hadith Sahih Bukhari Book 9 Volume 84 Hadith 57 that says "Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Also "Sahih Muslim 129  It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."

To me this seems like compulsion regarding the first hadith they are given the option of A. Return to Islam or B. Get killed that is forcing a choice on them.

As for the second hadith this is saying Muhammad has been commanded to fight against people until they follow his belief which to me seems like compulsion. So I would like those to be clarified. 

#4 In the Quran 8:12 it says "When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

This again kind of adds to compulsion but why cut off someones head and fingertip just because they do not follow the Islamic belief?.

5. In the Quran 9:23 it says "

O you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

To me my father is my biggest ally and no matter what his religious belief is whether Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, etc he will always remain my ally so why would this verse be telling Muslims to not take there father as an ally just because of a difference of belief?

I have a few more questions but I will leave it at this for now, I will appreciate answers and if evidence can be provided for answers please do so. 

ItsBrandon,
I will try to explain one by one.
It's true that Muslims must believe in the Gospels and the Torah which contents are still like the days of His Apostles exist, not in the present.
To increase your knowledge regarding this matter please look at the "Interfaith Dialogue" topic.
What is true in the book before the Quran, there's also in the Quran, but what is in the Quran isn't necessarily contained in the previous books. That's one of the reasons why the Quran was revealed at the end of this age.
In addition to completing the previous books, it also invites people to worship to one God, namely Tauheed (monotheism), as it's the belief of the Prophets/Apostles before the Prophet Muhammad.
In the Quran, there is the word of Allah about maintaining the authenticity of the contents of the Quran (Quran 15: 9), whereas in other books there is no clear explanation like that.
Anyone will not be able to change the contents of the Quran because it has been guaranteed by Allah Who created this universe, including mankind.

Is there still something unclear? For the answers number 2-5 Insha Allah, I will convey to you later.
Thanks for your question.

Asep

ItsBrandon View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male None
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsBrandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2020 at 1:23pm
So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered.

In the Quran 18:27 it says "

And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge."

Now I know it is a pillar that Muslims are to believe in the Gospel/Injeel and the Torah but so far it seems like a majority say oh the Bible is corrupt and the Torah is corrupt. Now my question is according to this verse it is saying there is no changer of Gods words so how is the Torah for example corrupt if Gods words cannot be changed. And what does this verse mean exactly by that because anyone can go ahead and change a word in the Quran for example.

Carrying on regarding it being a pillar for Muslims to believe in the Injeel/Torah and Muslims saying they are corrupted, what exactly is the real Injeel then?.

In the Quran it clearly says there is no compulsion in religion however I have run into a hadith Sahih Bukhari Book 9 Volume 84 Hadith 57 that says "Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Also "Sahih Muslim 129  It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."

To me this seems like compulsion regarding the first hadith they are given the option of A. Return to Islam or B. Get killed that is forcing a choice on them.

As for the second hadith this is saying Muhammad has been commanded to fight against people until they follow his belief which to me seems like compulsion. So I would like those to be clarified. 

#4 In the Quran 8:12 it says "When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

This again kind of adds to compulsion but why cut off someones head and fingertip just because they do not follow the Islamic belief?.

5. In the Quran 9:23 it says "

O you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

To me my father is my biggest ally and no matter what his religious belief is whether Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, etc he will always remain my ally so why would this verse be telling Muslims to not take there father as an ally just because of a difference of belief?

I have a few more questions but I will leave it at this for now, I will appreciate answers and if evidence can be provided for answers please do so. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic