Print Page | Close Window

Questions

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44397
Printed Date: 27 November 2020 at 9:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Questions
Posted By: ItsBrandon
Subject: Questions
Date Posted: 26 February 2020 at 1:23pm
So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered.

#1
In the Quran 18:27 it says "

And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge."

Now I know it is a pillar that Muslims are to believe in the Gospel/Injeel and the Torah but so far it seems like a majority say oh the Bible is corrupt and the Torah is corrupt. Now my question is according to this verse it is saying there is no changer of Gods words so how is the Torah for example corrupt if Gods words cannot be changed. And what does this verse mean exactly by that because anyone can go ahead and change a word in the Quran for example.

#2
Carrying on regarding it being a pillar for Muslims to believe in the Injeel/Torah and Muslims saying they are corrupted, what exactly is the real Injeel then?.

#3 
In the Quran it clearly says there is no compulsion in religion however I have run into a hadith Sahih Bukhari Book 9 Volume 84 Hadith 57 that says "Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Also "Sahih Muslim 129  It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."

To me this seems like compulsion regarding the first hadith they are given the option of A. Return to Islam or B. Get killed that is forcing a choice on them.

As for the second hadith this is saying Muhammad has been commanded to fight against people until they follow his belief which to me seems like compulsion. So I would like those to be clarified. 

#4 In the Quran 8:12 it says "When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

This again kind of adds to compulsion but why cut off someones head and fingertip just because they do not follow the Islamic belief?.


5. In the Quran 9:23 it says "

O you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

To me my father is my biggest ally and no matter what his religious belief is whether Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, etc he will always remain my ally so why would this verse be telling Muslims to not take there father as an ally just because of a difference of belief?

I have a few more questions but I will leave it at this for now, I will appreciate answers and if evidence can be provided for answers please do so. 






Replies:
Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 26 February 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered.

#1
In the Quran 18:27 it says "

And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge."

Now I know it is a pillar that Muslims are to believe in the Gospel/Injeel and the Torah but so far it seems like a majority say oh the Bible is corrupt and the Torah is corrupt. Now my question is according to this verse it is saying there is no changer of Gods words so how is the Torah for example corrupt if Gods words cannot be changed. And what does this verse mean exactly by that because anyone can go ahead and change a word in the Quran for example.

#2
Carrying on regarding it being a pillar for Muslims to believe in the Injeel/Torah and Muslims saying they are corrupted, what exactly is the real Injeel then?.

#3 
In the Quran it clearly says there is no compulsion in religion however I have run into a hadith Sahih Bukhari Book 9 Volume 84 Hadith 57 that says "Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Also "Sahih Muslim 129  It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."

To me this seems like compulsion regarding the first hadith they are given the option of A. Return to Islam or B. Get killed that is forcing a choice on them.

As for the second hadith this is saying Muhammad has been commanded to fight against people until they follow his belief which to me seems like compulsion. So I would like those to be clarified. 

#4 In the Quran 8:12 it says "When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

This again kind of adds to compulsion but why cut off someones head and fingertip just because they do not follow the Islamic belief?.


5. In the Quran 9:23 it says "

O you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have preferred disbelief over belief. And whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

To me my father is my biggest ally and no matter what his religious belief is whether Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, etc he will always remain my ally so why would this verse be telling Muslims to not take there father as an ally just because of a difference of belief?

I have a few more questions but I will leave it at this for now, I will appreciate answers and if evidence can be provided for answers please do so. 



ItsBrandon,
I will try to explain one by one.
#1
It's true that Muslims must believe in the Gospels and the Torah which contents are still like the days of His Apostles exist, not in the present.
To increase your knowledge regarding this matter please look at the "Interfaith Dialogue" topic.
What is true in the book before the Quran, there's also in the Quran, but what is in the Quran isn't necessarily contained in the previous books. That's one of the reasons why the Quran was revealed at the end of this age.
In addition to completing the previous books, it also invites people to worship to one God, namely Tauheed (monotheism), as it's the belief of the Prophets/Apostles before the Prophet Muhammad.
In the Quran, there is the word of Allah about maintaining the authenticity of the contents of the Quran (Quran 15: 9), whereas in other books there is no clear explanation like that.
Anyone will not be able to change the contents of the Quran because it has been guaranteed by Allah Who created this universe, including mankind.

Is there still something unclear? For the answers number 2-5 Insha Allah, I will convey to you later.
Thanks for your question.

Asep





Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:43am
For the answer to question number #2:

No one knows the real Injeel exactly, because it has been gone since 325 AD


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 27 February 2020 at 3:19am
For the answer to question number #3:

Yes it's true that there's no compulsion in entering Islam religion.
Allah Ta'ala Said:
لَاۤ اِكْرَاهَ فِى الدِّيْنِ  ۗ  قَدْ تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ  ۚ 
"There is no compulsion in embracing Islam, in fact, it is clear (the difference) between the right path and the wrong path."
(Quran 2: 256)

As for what is told in the Hadith Sahih Bukhari Book 9 Volume 84 Hadith 57 is the punishment for those who have changed the teachings of the Tawheed religion Islam), such as the example Musailamah al Kazzab, he made his own verse as if it was from Allah, and then he claimed to be a Prophet.

So this hadith doesn't apply to others.

Likewise in Sahih Muslim 129.
This hadith applies when Muslims are being fought. It is obligatory to fight against them until they bend their knees and follow the teachings of Tawheed, in the hope that they will not get the punishment in the hereafter.
So the hadith applies when Muslims are being fought, and it doesn't apply to those who don't fight Muslims.

Allah Ta'ala Said:
لَا يَنْهٰٮكُمُ اللّٰهُ عَنِ الَّذِيْنَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوْكُمْ فِى الدِّيْنِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوْكُمْ مِّنْ دِيَارِكُمْ اَنْ تَبَرُّوْهُمْ وَ تُقْسِطُوْۤا اِلَيْهِمْ ۗ  اِنَّ اللّٰهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِيْنَ
"Allah does not forbid you to do good and be fair to those who do not fight you in religious matters and do not drive you out of your hometown. Surely Allah loves those who do justice."
(Quran 60: 8)

Sorry, your question reminds me of someone on the topic "Interfaith Dialogue", he knows a lot about the contents of the Quran and Hadiths.

Asep


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 27 February 2020 at 7:34am
For the answer to question #4.

(Quran 8: 12)
This verse explains when the battle of Badr was raging, then Allah commanded the angels to strengthen believer's hearts that they should not retreat even though the number of opposing troops is greater and their weapons are better.

In this verse there's the word سَاُلْقِيْ, meaning "someday I will give", it means that if they die they will feel fear and endless regret in the hereafter.

In addition, there's the word فَاضْرِبُوْا meaning "then beat" (not to cut off as you say) opponent's necks to be easily paralyzed.
And also beat the opponent's fingers so that the weapon being held by the opponent falls.

So please remember that this verse when the war was raging and also not because of they didn't follow the teachings of Islam.

In fact Muslims were challenged by the opponents in the hope that Islam religion will disappear from the surface of the earth, but what happens was just the opposite.
So this verse only applies when it is at war.

Asep


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 27 February 2020 at 7:55am
For the answer to question #5.

(Quran 9:23)
What is meant by this verse is for Muslims not to ally in faith even to our parents or brothers, so not in everything. We have to do good to our parents even though our faith is different.
The Prophet Muhammad lived together with his uncle but he remained respectful and kind to his uncle even though his beliefs differed until his uncle died.

Asep


Posted By: ItsBrandon
Date Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:17pm
Alright I have some more that I would like answers to. 

1. Sunan Abi Dawud 4717 Grade Sahih
"The woman who buries alive her new-born girl and the girl who is buried alive both will go to Hell."
This is saying that the new born girl who is burried alive will go to hell along with the woman who burried thew new born girl alive. 

Now I asked a few people regarding this an everyone gives different answers, why would God put a new born girl in hell just because she was murdered by being burried alive? 

2. Sahih Muslim 79a 
"O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion."

This hadith seems to be degrading women, additionally one of the main parts I want to focus on is towards the end where it says they spends some nights and days of which they do not offer prayer or fast during Ramadan. From my understanding the reason why women do not offer prayer on some days is because of menstruation, so why would they be punished for a natural occurrence that God gave them, it is not there fault that they have a menstrual cycle they cannot choose when it happens and cannot choose to stop it or start it. 

3. In the Quran 4:34 
"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great."

Now I am very strongly against hitting women, that is among one of the things that gets me mad the most, I keep getting different answers regarding this from "It doesn't say to beat them" "Oh it means beat them lightly like a tap" the list goes on, from my understanding the original Arabic does not even say "lightly" it just says beat them. So I would like a clear answer one this. 

4. Regarding Prayer, people say it must be performed in Arabic, my question is why God created me as an English speaking person I should not have to learn another language God knows all languages. 

5. Regarding Wudu I know the steps that must be taken/performed but something I am curious about is does someone need to do wudu if they already taken a shower and have not done anything that would void wudu since the shower. 


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 28 February 2020 at 6:25pm
For the answer to question 1. 
You quoted the hadith of Sunan Abi Dawud 4717.
This hadith is contradict with several other hadiths, among others.
The Prophet Muhammad said: 
إِنَّ اللهَ حَرَّمَ عَلَيْكُمْ عُقُوْقَ اْل£ُمَّهَاتِ، وَمَنْعًا وَهَاتِ، وَوَ£ْدَ الْبَنَاتِ، وَكَرِهَ لَكُمْ قِيْلَ وَقَالَ، وَكَثْرَةَ السُّؤَالِ، وَإِضَاعَةَ الْمَالِ
“Verily Allah forbids you disobedience to the mother, refuse to give the rights of others and demand what is not his right, and bury the daughter alive. And God hates you for saying lots of words, asking lots of questions, and wasting wealth." (Narrated by Al-Bukhari no. 5975 and Muslim no. 593 from Al-Mughirah bin Syu'bah r.a.)

Please compare these two hadiths, which one approaches the truth with the contents of the Quran below.
Allah Ta’ala Said:
وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ £َحَدُهُمْ بِاْل£ُنْثَى ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيْمٌ. يَتَوَارَى مِنَ الْقَوْمِ مِنْ سُوْءِ مَا بُشِّرَ بِهِ £َيُمْسِكُهُ عَلَى هُوْنٍ £َمْ يَدُسُّهُ فِي التُّرَابِ £َلاَ سَاءَ مَا يَحْكُمُوْنَ
“And if one of them is given good news about the birth of a girl, his face turns red and he is very angry. He hid himself from the crowd because of the bad news conveyed to him. Will he take care of the child by enduring humiliation or will he bury him alive in the ground? 
Know it, how bad what they do.” 
(Quran 16: 58-59)

Allah Ta'ala is angry at the act of burying their daughters.


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 28 February 2020 at 7:55pm
For the answer to question 2. 
From the beginning until now there're more women than men, this is more possible for this hadith.
In addition, many rules from Allah are intentionally or unintentionally violated. One example is the command to close aurat (genitals) such as Hijab (headscarves) etc.
Unlike the righteous women, they will get the same paradise with righteous men.


Posted By: MIAW
Date Posted: 29 February 2020 at 12:58am
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

...So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered...

Dear fellow Muslims, Assalamu alaikum wr wb,

Questions like these are a blessing (no matter whether the asking person is genuine or not), because it's an opportunity for you to learn about this absolutely great religion... the one true religion... but on one crucial condition: Carry out some research... you will find that our scholars (May Allah SWT reward them plenty) have answered all of them... they have not left any doubt for us.

When they quote a Quranic verse or a Hadith... Follow these steps:

1) GO TO IT! (i.e. display the Verse or Hadith in front of you)... see if it's correct, genuine, authentic...etc [the easiest way to do this is to copy and paste the text in question on Google].

2) See what our trusted scholars have said about it (Try to avoid answering from your own opinions, because we are instructed in the Qur'an to seek knowledge from those who know: Ask the followers of the Remembrance if ye know not! - [Quran 16:43]).

3) Always try to give links to any supporting evidence.

4) Always look for the context (i.e. the story and setting behind the verse/hadith), because most of the time, without this you will misunderstand the verse/hadith.

5) Always remember: You are not here to convince anybody of anything... because you don't know people's intentions.


Sorry I have to go... but I shall be back soon



Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 29 February 2020 at 2:53am
For the answer to question 3. 

In connection with Quran 4:34 which makes you say.

(Now I am very strongly against hitting women, that is among one of the things that gets me mad the most,)

The following is an explanation of such verse.

This verse is intended for a husband who believes in Allah and wise, and not for a husband who wants to win himself.

In the verse there's the word نُشُوزَ which in terms means an ungodly wife to a righteous husband or a wife who doesn't carry out her obligations as a wife to her husband, for example she doesn't heed the advice of a righteous husband, then the husband may give punishment according to Islamic law.
And regarding the punishment intended in that verse the order is as follows:

1. Give advice.
Let the husband advise her with wise words, reminding her of obligations to her husband.
And a righteous wife who is obedient, can maintain her honor when the husband is not by her side.
If his wife has received advice and has changed her attitude to be good, then a husband may not give another punishments. Allah Ta'ala Said:
فَإِنْ £َطَعْنَكُمْ فَلَا تَبْغُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلًا
“Then if she obeys you, then don't look for ways to trouble her.” 

But if the advice hasn't succeeded, the next step is:

2. Doing اهْجُرُ (boycott).
This step is done is to educate her so that the wife doesn't do ungodly.
وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ
“And boycott your wife in bed" 

Namely by separating the bed and not talking to her.
In the case of not talking to the wife, it should not be more than three days.
The Prophet Muhammad said:
وَلاَ يَحِلُّ لِمُسْلِمٍ £َنْ يَهْجُرَ £َخَاهُ فَوْقَ ثَلاَثِ لَيَالٍ
“It is not lawful for a Muslim to "hajr" (boycott by not asking to speak) for more than three days"
(Narrated by Bukhari no. 6076 and Muslim no. 2558 from Anas bin Malik).

And if this way doesn't work, then the next step is.

3. Beat her.
The way to beat a wife here must be in accordance with Islamic rules which teach how to beat a lawless wife:

a. Hit with a punch that does not imprint.
The Prophet Muhammad said:
وَلَكُمْ عَلَيْهِنَّ £َنْ لاَ يُوطِئْنَ فُرُشَكُمْ £َحَدًا تَكْرَهُونَهُ. فَإِنْ فَعَلْنَ ذَلِكَ فَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ ضَرْبًا غَيْرَ مُبَرِّحٍ
“The wife's duty for you is that your rug cannot be occupied by anyone you don't like. If they do so, beat them with a punch that does not imprint.” (Narrated by Muslim no. 1218).

b. Do not hit the face.
The Prophet Muhammad said:
وَلاَ تَضْرِبِ الْوَجْهَ
“And don't hit your wife in the face.” (Narrated by Abu Daud no. 2142)

c. Don't do it outside the house.
The Prophet Muhammad said:
وَلاَ تَضْرِبِ الْوَجْهَ وَلاَ تُقَبِّحْ وَلاَ تَهْجُرْ إِلاَّ فِى الْبَيْتِ
“And do not smite your wife in the face, nor speak ill of her, nor do "hajr" other than at home "(Narrated by Abu Daud no. 2142)

Also don't be known by their children, because it will cause psychological effects on their children.

Additional explanation:

If the opposite happens, his wife doesn't want to serve an intimate relationship with her husband, then she must give strong reasons for him.
And if the reasons are strong and reasonable then her husband must not beat his wife in the slightest.
This is what is often abused by a husband.


Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 29 February 2020 at 5:02am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

...So I have a handful of questions I would like to get answered...

Dear fellow Muslims, Assalamu alaikum wr wb,

Questions like these are a blessing (no matter whether the asking person is genuine or not), because it's an opportunity for you to learn about this absolutely great religion... the only true religion... but on one crucial condition: Carry out some research... you will find that our scholars (May Allah SWT reward them plenty) have answered all of them... they have not left any doubt for us.

When they quote a Quranic verse or a Hadith... Follow these steps:

1) GO TO IT! (i.e. display the Verse or Hadith in front of you)... see if it's correct, genuine, authentic...etc [the easiest way to do this is to copy and paste the text in question on Google].

2) See what our trusted scholars have said about it (Try to avoid answering from your own opinions, because we are instructed in the Qur'an to seek knowledge from those who know: Ask the followers of the Remembrance if ye know not! - [Quran 16:43]).

3) Always try to give links to any supporting evidence.

4) Always look for the context (i.e. the story and setting behind the verse/hadith), because most of the time, without this you will misunderstand the verse/hadith.

5) Always remember: You are not here to convince anybody of anything... because you don't know people's intentions.


Sorry I have to go... but I shall be back soon

وَعَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Dear my brother MIAW.

Thank you for reminding me.
For points 1 to 4. 
    الحمد لله ربّ العالمين
I always do it.

Maybe for number 5, I have my own way that is if I have time to answer it, I will answer it according to my knowledge of Al Quran and the Hadiths that I get in accordance with Quran 16:43.

I اِ نْ شَآ ءَ اللّهُ already know the meaning of the questions that came. But on the other hand there're targets that I want to achieve, namely; because this is a Forum where everyone can see it even though many of them do not play an active role, but at least they will know what Islam is. 
And without your knowledge (only Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala knows) that this Forum is benefit for me because there are many people (strangers) come to me that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala gives Hidayah to them because they often follow this Forum. So, my target is not only for the people who give questions.

For me, there's no problem if the IslamiCity Forum and all members of the Forum ask for me to stop preaching in here. And I apologize if all this time I was too brave to answer their questions.
بَارَكَ اللهُ فِيْكُم
وَ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Asep




Posted By: ItsBrandon
Date Posted: 29 February 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

For the answer to question 1. 
You quoted the hadith of Sunan Abi Dawud 4717.
This hadith is contradict with several other hadiths, among others.
The Prophet Muhammad said: 
إِنَّ اللهَ حَرَّمَ عَلَيْكُمْ عُقُوْقَ اْل�£ُمَّهَاتِ، وَمَنْعًا وَهَاتِ، وَوَ�£ْدَ الْبَنَاتِ، وَكَرِهَ لَكُمْ قِيْلَ وَقَالَ، وَكَثْرَةَ السُّؤَالِ، وَإِضَاعَةَ الْمَالِ
“Verily Allah forbids you disobedience to the mother, refuse to give the rights of others and demand what is not his right, and bury the daughter alive. And God hates you for saying lots of words, asking lots of questions, and wasting wealth." (Narrated by Al-Bukhari no. 5975 and Muslim no. 593 from Al-Mughirah bin Syu'bah r.a.)

Please compare these two hadiths, which one approaches the truth with the contents of the Quran below.
Allah Ta’ala Said:
وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ �£َحَدُهُمْ بِاْل�£ُنْثَى ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيْمٌ. يَتَوَارَى مِنَ الْقَوْمِ مِنْ سُوْءِ مَا بُشِّرَ بِهِ �£َيُمْسِكُهُ عَلَى هُوْنٍ �£َمْ يَدُسُّهُ فِي التُّرَابِ �£َلاَ سَاءَ مَا يَحْكُمُوْنَ
“And if one of them is given good news about the birth of a girl, his face turns red and he is very angry. He hid himself from the crowd because of the bad news conveyed to him. Will he take care of the child by enduring humiliation or will he bury him alive in the ground? 
Know it, how bad what they do.” 
(Quran 16: 58-59)

Allah Ta'ala is angry at the act of burying their daughters.
So what is with this hadith then because it is classified as Sahih, is this a translation issue, is it a mistake with the hadith itself, etc? 

Also a few more questions I would like to add. 

1. Food
I know muslims are to eat food slaughtered in a halal way, if it is not halal or kosher then it is "haram" from my understanding. But what about people who are not near halal butchers and do not live near muslims to get access to "halal" meat, can they just eat regular chicken, beef, turkey, etc from the grocery store. 

2. Friday Prayer
I know muslim men are required to do the Friday prayer, my question is what if someone lives too far from a mosque to go do it, some people in rural America for example can be upwards of 100 miles away from a mosque. 


Posted By: MIAW
Date Posted: 29 February 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

...For me, there's no problem if the IslamiCity Forum and all members of the Forum ask for me to stop preaching in here. And I apologize if all this time I was too brave to answer their questions...

Dear Asep,

Jazakallahu Khairan for your reply/contribution. My post was not to criticize you... it was just general advice ideas to my fellow Muslims, so that they can take every opportunity to learn more about their religion, even if that opportunity comes from non-muslims.

Nobody wants you to stop your contributions... I personally have a lot of admiration for your resolve and patience when debating with hostile and 'aggressive' non-muslims who come on here to attack Islam and its symbols (obviously not all of them: for example DavidC is a rare exception whose posts I enjoy reading). I hope to see you on here for a long time to come, I enjoy reading your posts. Sorry about any confusion.  Smile

May Allah SWT Bless you.

MIAW


Posted By: MIAW
Date Posted: 01 March 2020 at 12:03am
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

Alright I have some more that I would like answers to. 

1. Sunan Abi Dawud 4717 Grade Sahih
"The woman who buries alive her new-born girl and the girl who is buried alive both will go to Hell."
This is saying that the new born girl who is burried alive will go to hell along with the woman who burried thew new born girl alive. 

Now I asked a few people regarding this an everyone gives different answers, why would God put a new born girl in hell just because she was murdered by being burried alive?

This is a perfect example of 'missing the context'. Muslim scholars have been explaining this hadith for many centuries, but opponents of Islam ignore all that, they just love attacking its 'face value'.

 The story behind this hadith goes like this:

 Two brothers (companions RA) came to the Messenger PBUH and said that their mother had died before Islam (in Jahiliyya era), and that she had buried her daughter (their sister) alive. Therefore the Messenger PBUH said the hadith above. Some scholars said that this is a particular case where Allah SWT (God) Knows what would have become of the baby had she grown up to become an adult, and they based this explanation on the case of the child in Surah Al-Kahf, where Al-Khidhr explained to Musa AS (Moses) why he killed the boy:

[18:80] And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared that he would overburden them by transgression and disbelief.

 

Some other scholars explained this hadith with the fact that in the classical Arabic language of the time (in cases such as this one), Al-maw'oodatu means Al-maw'oodatu lahaa (where lahaa can be removed/omitted with the meaning still preserved). Therefore the two people being punished in hell would be:

Al-waa'idah = the woman who actually carried out the act of burying (on behalf of their mother), in the traditions of the time: the midwife.

Al-maw'oodatu (lahaa) = the woman instructing the burying (i.e. their mother).

Therefore, once again, the problem is with the translation, not the hadith. I think the translator should have added a note explaining variations, allowances and particularities of the classical Arabic language used at the time of this hadith.


The following links explain in good detail:

https://icraa.org/does-hadith-condemn-the-infants-buried-alive/" rel="nofollow - https://icraa.org/does-hadith-condemn-the-infants-buried-alive/

https://abuaminaelias.com/baby-girl-buried-alive-in-hell/" rel="nofollow - https://abuaminaelias.com/baby-girl-buried-alive-in-hell/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MuslimsRespond/comments/dw08rw/the_girl_who_is_buried_alive_will_go_to_hell/" rel="nofollow - https://www.reddit.com/r/MuslimsRespond/comments/dw08rw/the_girl_who_is_buried_alive_will_go_to_hell/


Remember: The Almighty Lord Allah SWT Is All-Just, He Does Not Wrong Anyone... ever. So much so that anyone doomed to enter Hellfire (after the Day of Judgement) will do so without protesting their innocence (unlike what you see in the courts here on Earth) (i.e. they will accept and admit that they absolutely deserve to go to Hellfire, considering that they have ignored the warning signs and Allah's Instructions and Commands during their life on Earth).

In the following verse from the Qur'an, Allah SWT gives us a vivid scenario from the Day of Judgement (one of many, many scenarios in the Qur'an):

Qur'an [18:49]
Sahih International: And the record [of deeds] will be placed [open], and you will see the criminals fearful of that within it, and they will say, "Oh, woe to us! What is this book that leaves nothing small or great except that it has enumerated it?" And they will find what they did present [before them]. And your Lord does injustice to no one.

Also Qur'an [41:46]
Yusuf Ali: Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His Servants.




Posted By: MIAW
Date Posted: 01 March 2020 at 4:04am
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

...Alright I have some more that I would like answers to...

2. Sahih Muslim 79a 
"O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion."

...This hadith seems to be degrading women...

Are you sure you wanna 'start me off' on this subject?... Please accept a 'frank' answer without taking offense:

God (Allah SWT) Created everything... including Man and Woman... therefore He Knows them both perfectly (better than they know themselves)... and He Knows what is good for them, and what is bad for them. When God (Allah SWT) Gives us instructions, it is for our own good... never the opposite (even if it sometimes seems to be bad). Only those who have full trust in God (Allah) will believe and accept this crucial notion.

God (Allah SWT) Created 'Woman' and Gave her rights, duties, value and status, and Put her in a protective 'Natural Hierarchy' alongside 'Man'. Allah SWT also Gave 'Man' and 'Woman' instructions and guidance that (if followed properly) would ensure a happy life together, full of respect, love and fulfillment. In general,  Allah SWT also Gave 'Man' more 'physical strength' for certain purposes, and to counter this in return, He Gave 'Woman' some extra refined mental capacities and strengths, so that she can use them to survive in a world often ruled by 'wicked' men who overstep their limits. (Unfortunately, some women also overstep their limits by using these capacities and strengths in a 'wicked, wrong way', but that is not our subject here).

Men (especially in western societies, and sometimes with the help of some women unfortunately), have upset this 'balance' by 'degrading' women (to use your words), and reducing them to 'sex objects'... They have 'stripped' them of more than just their clothes... their rights and needs, their dignity, modesty and decency, and even their femininity and 'appeal' in many cases.. And what's worse: some 'wicked and twisted' men have 'welcomed' the modern, false idea of 'Freedom and Equality' of the sexes (as opposed to the true concept of 'Freedom and Equality' of the sexes in Islam and in the Qur'an)... in my opinion, this (former) idea (fiasco) is the worst thing to happen to women... it would have been a lot less painful (in the long run) for women to... 'shoot themselves in the foot'!!... I really feel for them, especially when I see them nowadays running around trying to regain some of what has been lost... through movements such as #MeToo# movement, bearing in mind that those are only the very few who decided to come forward and denounce the 'abuse of men'... Yes, I feel for them because I often imagine how I would feel if that was my daughter, sister, wife or mother... don't you?

Some men (especially in the west) will gladly ask for as much (limitless) freedom for women as possible... because this means that he can have a one-to-one interview with a 'lifetime supply' of pretty young girls in his hotel room (especially if he is a powerful Hollywood producer), or enjoy seeing young 'ladies' binge-drinking and then falling about with 'underwear showing' (if he is just a local lad going out for a 'drink').

So you wanna talk about 'degrading women'?

Women have never been as degraded as they are nowadays in so-called 'free, western societies'... And the pressure on women in these societies is greater than ever: Peer pressure, Media pressure, social and professional pressures, pressures on her image, diet, looks, weight, conduct... etc... you see this everywhere: TV, Cinema, media, advertising bill boards, social and professional events... women are very much being 'used and abused' in these societies... it's worrying.


Please note: To be fair, I am not saying that some Muslim men don't abuse their women... because some of them certainly do... and that is against the teachings of Islam... However, that is (some) men for you, not Islam.


Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

... additionally one of the main parts I want to focus on is towards the end where it says they spends some nights and days of which they do not offer prayer or fast during Ramadan. From my understanding the reason why women do not offer prayer on some days is because of menstruation, so why would they be punished for a natural occurrence that God gave them, it is not there fault that they have a menstrual cycle they cannot choose when it happens and cannot choose to stop it or start it.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH was talking 'numbers' here... and stating facts.

women have some 'natural' restrictions (menstruation...etc) which mean that the number of prayers and of fasts that are performed by a man are more than those performed by a woman in any given year.

I blame the translation here: instead of the term 'failing in religion', a more appropriate translation would have been 'reduction in religion', because we are talking purely numbers here.

Please note: The lady asking these questions of our Prophet PBUH understood perfectly (and therefore was eventually convinced) that this is purely a matter of numbers here (not degradation of women); and that's why the conversation ended there (i.e. otherwise she would have kept on protesting)... The only people that keep protesting about this hadith are the islamophobes throughout the ages... so don't fall into their trap. Wink




Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 01 March 2020 at 7:18am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

...For me, there's no problem if the IslamiCity Forum and all members of the Forum ask for me to stop preaching in here. And I apologize if all this time I was too brave to answer their questions...

Dear Asep,

Jazakallahu Khairan for your reply/contribution. My post was not to criticize you... it was just general advice ideas to my fellow Muslims, so that they can take every opportunity to learn more about their religion, even if that opportunity comes from non-muslims.

Nobody wants you to stop your contributions... I personally have a lot of admiration for your resolve and patience when debating with hostile and 'aggressive' non-muslims who come on here to attack Islam and its symbols (obviously not all of them: for example DavidC is a rare exception whose posts I enjoy reading). I hope to see you on here for a long time to come, I enjoy reading your posts. Sorry about any confusion.  Smile

May Allah SWT Bless you.

MIAW

اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَوَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Dear my brother MIAW,

Actually there's no problem with your post, maybe because of the customs in my Country if there're posts in group like that as if it's for all group members.

It's okay MIAW, اِ نْ شَآ ءَ اللّهُ 
I will continue to preach in this forum. This forum is very meaningful for me to convey about what Islam is.

بَارَكَ اللهُ فِيْك
وَ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ




Posted By: asep garutea
Date Posted: 01 March 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by ItsBrandon ItsBrandon wrote:

Alright I have some more that I would like answers to. 

4. Regarding Prayer, people say it must be performed in Arabic, my question is why God created me as an English speaking person I should not have to learn another language God knows all languages. 

5. Regarding Wudu I know the steps that must be taken/performed but something I am curious about is does someone need to do wudu if they already taken a shower and have not done anything that would void wudu since the shower. 
For the answer to question 4. 

I am also not an Arab, but when I am praying (salat), I use the language that the Prophet Muhammad used unless when I was praying outside salat, sometimes I use Arabic, sometimes I use my own Country language.

Maybe for you it feels strange, but for those who already know the meaning of each letter in the salat readings exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad will be very different from other languages, including with daily Arabic conversation. (There's an implicit meaning in salat readings).

For the answer to question 5. 

The answer is almost similar with the answer for number 4.

Even though someone has showered very clean, it doesn't include one of legal requirements for doing salat.
But, although someone just wakes up and continues wudu, then one of the legal requirements for doing salat has been fulfilled as long as he/she doesn't have a large "hadats".
(There's an implicit meaning behind wudu).




Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net