IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recently, having strong doubts about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently, having strong doubts about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 8:42am
Salaams and welcome! Perhaps we can unpack your list of concerns one at a time. First, kindly quote where in the Quran does Allah challenge mankind to create life?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 8:00am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Barakatuh,

Questions rising in your mind, although you belong to a musim family are not uncommon.
It's okay !

You have got many questions and I leave the ones which can be responded by the members, who have more understanding.

About, why 2 women witnesses equal to 1, better go through this link, as I find is perfectly dotted

If still doubts persists, we will discuss here, InshaaAllah

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2019 at 4:03pm
Hey guys, 
so I have been raised as a Muslim background.
But now I’m realizing that I’m only a Muslim because my parents are Muslim, and they’re Muslims because their parents were, and so on. 
No one in my family really questioned Islam and followed it blindly tbh.

Many people say the Qur’an is perfect, clear and easy to understand, and it is for all of humanity for all of time. 
But upon more research, I’m finding out this is not true.

(1) One of the great challenges by Allah is that humans will never be able to create life. 
This seemed reasonable to me, as I don’t understand either how non-living atoms can become “living”. After all, living creatures are formed by the same elements that are found throughout the universe. There’s no “factor” which seems to provide life. 

This asides, recently, science has been able to create self-replicating polymers out of scratch (ie, not harvested from living cells or anything). 
This is pretty concerning, because self-replicating polymers are basically “life”, as they’re doing something on “their own”. 

(2) Things in Qur’an are no longer relevant in today’s society.

Islamic law is to be followed by all Muslims; we can’t cherry pick what we follow or we’re not following Islam.
If that’s true, then there are huge problems...

-One, Islam says that women’s testimony counts half of men’s, because back then, women were generally uneducated (I still don’t think that’s enough of a reason to discount women as being 50% as smart as men).
In today’s society, that’s no longer the case. But the Qur’an doesn’t say that that rule is only for that time (similarly to how Muslims must abstain from pre-marital sex no matter what the era and the Islamic punishment for stealing is the chopping of the hand, no matter what the era).
Now of course, many Muslim countries don’t follow these rules. But then are they really following Islam?

-Similarly, Islam says to keep having children and Allah will provide for them. In a Hadith, Muhammad discouraged withdrawal to his followers when they were raping war captives and said that whoever is to be born, will be born so there’s no point.

Back then, there weren’t much Muslims so it made sense. But now, the Earth is being overpopulated and people need to have resources to raise their children. There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them.

But according to Islam, this is encouraged without any limitations.

(3) Violence encouraged by Islam

We have to wonder if a perfect religion is one that encourages so much violence. Whether we want to believe it or not, Islam is not a peaceful religion.
In our modern society, does it really make sense to live like this? We should be furthering humanity and accepting each other instead of showing hatred.

-Many times throughout the Qur’an and in Hadith, God/Muhammad say to slay the nonbelievers, kill the apostles, kill them, kill them. I believe somewhere it is stated that if there are 20 Muslims, they should kill 200 non-believers. It is said to kill till there is nothing but Islam left.

-In the Qur’an, Allah said to fight whether you like it or not.

-People are encouraged to leave their religion to follow Islam, but if someone tries to leave Islam, the punishment is death. 

-Islam also says non-Muslims will never be your friends, and that they’re all inherently evil.
I find it hard to believe this. Living in the U.S. now, I have so many non-Muslim friends who are great people. There are many people who have dedicated themselves to humanity but are non Muslims. Am I supposed to believe they’re all inherently evil?

(4) Flaws in Islam (that I note)

-A man will not be asked why he beat his wife

-Muhammad said in 2 Hadiths that women who complain of their husbands beating them are “not the best of women”

-Women have to cover themselves from head to toe, while men don’t

-Women have to follow what their husbands say or the husband can beat them/threaten divorce

-Men can have sex with their slave girls, and their wives can’t complain

-Women captured in war can be raped/traded as sex slaves

-Escaping from slavery is considered a major sin

-Muhammad said to beat your wife with a certain type of wire (I think) because it hurt more

-Islam says to kill dogs and not keep them as pets due to diseases, but this a great myth as dogs don’t carry insane amount of diseases like it’s said. In fact, a study shows that people who have dogs as pets live longer.

-The description of heaven provides a lot for men but barely provides context for what’s there for women. 

-The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing. 

**I seriously wonder if this is how we should be living our lives these days. If you call yourself a “moderate” Muslim, you’re fooling yourself. Why are you choosing to follow part of your religion? Many mosques say, “We condemn violence”, but that’s false, because Islam doesn’t.
The 9/11 attacks were justified by Islam. People may also know of the rapes committed by the Pakistani army of Bengali women by declaring them to be non-Muslims and then using Qur’an to justify rape. By Islamic law, they did nothing wrong there.

Should we really be killing non-Muslims, thinking they’re all evil and won’t ever be our friends, waging holy war till no non-believer is left (while raping their women), and oppressing women in general.
As humanity, we have progressed, so does Islam really still fit?

I would like to have this answered by any fellow Muslim (yes I said fellow, I’m still following Islam, but highly skeptical right now). I really want to keep believing in Islam.
But it seems to me that most Muslims are just reading the Arabic of the Qur’an without knowing any idea of what it’s actually saying and that many Muslims are Muslims only because that’s what they’ve been indoctrined.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic