IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moslem converts to Chrisitanity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moslem converts to Chrisitanity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moslem converts to Chrisitanity
    Posted: 13 April 2006 at 6:30pm

Is it possible for moslems to convert to christianity.  I use as an example, Abdull Rahman.

Sincerely.

John Brown

Edited by John Brown
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:17pm
This topic has been moved to the correct forum.
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 11:17pm

that afghan man who's name you told who got converted was mentally ill according to his family members and has been taken to a mental hospital.

Islam is the true religion.

if someone converts from some other religion to Islam, it is so meritorious that Allah forgives his past sins.

but if someone converts from Islam to any other religion, it is a big sin which Allah never forgives.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if anyone follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 12:53am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

that afghan man who's name you told who got converted was mentally ill according to his family members and has been taken to a mental hospital.

Islam is the true religion.

if someone�converts from some other religion to Islam, it�is so meritorious that Allah forgives his past sins.

but if someone converts from Islam to any other religion, it is a big sin which Allah never forgives.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if anyone follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

He also says that he can forgive anyone he wants.

also all those who have an atom of faith in their hearts will eventually be taken out of the hellfire and admitted into paradise
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 6:47am
yes, atom of faith in Allah, (those who are muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Athanasius View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athanasius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:27am

John Brown, I believe that many strict Muslim countries impose the death penalty for conversion to Christianity; however, I don't know how often this is carried out. 

Freedom is a gift from God - to deny men freedom is to worship evil.
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 9:27am
Originally posted by John Brown John Brown wrote:

Is it possible for moslems to convert to christianity.  I use as an example, Abdull Rahman.

Sincerely.

John Brown

There was a woman in the time of Prophet Muhammad who converted to christianity while taking refuge under the Prophet order. You need to look at the history to confirm this as I am not so good with history.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:51am

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

yes, atom of faith in Allah, (those who are muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)

Don't you think this is a bit of a worrying thought ?

And don't you think that singling out muslims is playing with favouritism and that you are not exactly tolerant of others or should I say Allah ?

You are saying here all those non muslims who believe in Allah/God will stay in hell fire despite having an atom of faith in God.

You are also saying that those who murder, etc will eventually go to paradise despite their acts because they have an atom of faith in Allah ?

Just my obversations here, and something that I cannot agree with.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic