Print Page | Close Window

Moslem converts to Chrisitanity

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4387
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 2:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Moslem converts to Chrisitanity
Posted By: John Brown
Subject: Moslem converts to Chrisitanity
Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 6:30pm

Is it possible for moslems to convert to christianity.  I use as an example, Abdull Rahman.

Sincerely.

John Brown

Replies:
Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:17pm
This topic has been moved to the correct forum.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Posted By: salman
Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 11:17pm

that afghan man who's name you told who got converted was mentally ill according to his family members and has been taken to a mental hospital.

Islam is the true religion.

if someone converts from some other religion to Islam, it is so meritorious that Allah forgives his past sins.

but if someone converts from Islam to any other religion, it is a big sin which Allah never forgives.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if anyone follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

-------------
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 12:53am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

that afghan man who's name you told who got converted was mentally ill according to his family members and has been taken to a mental hospital.

Islam is the true religion.

if someone�converts from some other religion to Islam, it�is so meritorious that Allah forgives his past sins.

but if someone converts from Islam to any other religion, it is a big sin which Allah never forgives.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if anyone follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

He also says that he can forgive anyone he wants.

also all those who have an atom of faith in their hearts will eventually be taken out of the hellfire and admitted into paradise

Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 6:47am
yes, atom of faith in Allah, (those who are muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)

-------------

Posted By: Athanasius
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:27am

John Brown, I believe that many strict Muslim countries impose the death penalty for conversion to Christianity; however, I don't know how often this is carried out. 

-------------
Freedom is a gift from God - to deny men freedom is to worship evil.

Posted By: superme
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 9:27am
Originally posted by John Brown John Brown wrote:

Is it possible for moslems to convert to christianity.  I use as an example, Abdull Rahman.

Sincerely.

John Brown

There was a woman in the time of Prophet Muhammad who converted to christianity while taking refuge under the Prophet order. You need to look at the history to confirm this as I am not so good with history.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:51am

yes, atom of faith in Allah, (those who are muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)

Don't you think this is a bit of a worrying thought ?

And don't you think that singling out muslims is playing with favouritism and that you are not exactly tolerant of others or should I say Allah ?

You are saying here all those non muslims who believe in Allah/God will stay in hell fire despite having an atom of faith in God.

You are also saying that those who murder, etc will eventually go to paradise despite their acts because they have an atom of faith in Allah ?

Just my obversations here, and something that I cannot agree with.  

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

And don't you think that singling out muslims is playing with favouritism and that you are not exactly tolerant of others or should I say Allah ?

You are saying here all those non muslims who believe in Allah/God will stay in hell fire despite having an atom of faith in God.

You are also saying that those who murder, etc will eventually go to paradise despite their acts because they have an atom of faith in Allah ?

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if any one follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

even if any one believes in god but follows some other religion, he will remain in hell fire forever.

because Islam contains worship (ibadah) and the act of bowing and prostration to Allah The Most High and there are many other things which make muslims different from people who follow religions other than Islam.

angel, i suggest that you gain more knowledge of why Islam is the true and unique religion ( if Allah wills )

-------------

Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 10:07am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Brother Salman: on another thread you posted that the Quran states Allah forgives who He will.

We as mere humans can never know the condition of someone's heart, their true intentions, or what they truly believe. Only Allah(SWT) knows these things about any of us. Therefore perhaps we should leave the judgement to Allah(SWT).

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:06am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that if any one follows any other religion other than Islam he is among the losers.

yes the loser I am  

What has that got to do with what you said about muslims with an atom of faith will eventually be admitted to paradise from hellfire and my enquires? most especially about those who commit murder etc.   

Salman you talked about what happens to muslims as you pointed out in brackets not about non muslims.

I came with what I consider as concerning issue, those who commit crimes and is sent to hell for it as punshment but you came along saying that because they are muslims they will eventually be admitted to paradise (because they have an atom of faith in Allah?), so much for punishment I'd say. it is a worrying thought don't you think?

Quote even if any one believes in god but follows some other religion, he will remain in hell fire forever.

Yes I know, I am one of them

Quote because Islam contains worship (ibadah) and the act of bowing and prostration to Allah The Most High and there are many other things which make muslims different from people who follow religions other than Islam.

you got that right and vice versa to  That does not make islam the true and unique religion. ALL religions and beliefs have their own uniquiness.

Quote angel, i suggest that you gain more knowledge of why Islam is the true and unique religion ( if Allah wills )

I don't believe it to be so.

-------------

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 9:17am

yes, atom of faith in Allah,�(those who are�muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)

does it says that they have to be muslims?????//

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 12:57pm
21:47 We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.

Topics discussed in this Verse:
truetruetruetrue&-Sortorder=ascend&-Sortfield=cv&-find">[Allah:calls to account] truetruetruetrue&-Sortorder=ascend&-Sortfield=cv&-find">[Allah's attributes:Calls to account] truetruetruetrue&-Sortorder=ascend&-Sortfield=cv&-find">[Balance:on the Day of judgment] truetruetruetrue&-Sortorder=ascend&-Sortfield=cv&-find">[Day of judgment:souls will not be unjustly dealt with]

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

does it says that they have to be muslims?????//

yes

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 11:50pm

even if any one believes in god but follows some other religion, he will remain in hell fire forever.

because Islam contains worship (ibadah) and the act of bowing and prostration to Allah The Most High and there are many other things which make muslims different from people who follow religions other than Islam.

Allah states in the Holy Qur'an:

"The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (Qur'an http://www.islamworld.net/quran/quran/3.html#19 - 3:19 )

"If unyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the hell fire)."(Qur'an http://www.islamworld.net/quran/quran/3.html#85 - 3:85 )

In addition, Islam is the only religion prevailing over all other religions. Allah states in the Holy Qur'an:

"To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety:..." (Qur'an http://www.islamworld.net/quran/quran/5.html#48 - 5:48 )

angel, i suggest that you gain more knowledge of why Islam is the true and unique religion ( if Allah wills )

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 5:03am

Salman, **screaming** again what has that got to do with what you said about muslims with an atom of faith will eventually be admitted to paradise from hellfire.  Stop repeating yourself either you are not understanding -for which I may not be doing a good job - OR you are simply evading my inquiries because you don't want to realise something OR its that you do not know - for which you could at least say so. 

Now I will repeat and do as you just did :

Salman you talked about what happens to muslims as you pointed out in brackets not about non muslims.

I came with what I consider as concerning issue, those who commit crimes and is sent to hell for it as punshment but you came along saying that because they are muslims they will eventually be admitted to paradise (because they have an atom of faith in Allah?), so much for punishment I'd say. it is a worrying thought don't you think?

Now can I assume since you are not answering, that muslim criminals believing in Allah or at least have an atom of faith in Allah will get into paradise from a time in hell.

Now can you tell me how does a victim of a crime feel that justice is being served if they know that eventually the criminal/s are going to paradise ?

How comforting is that?

And might I remind you that you broughtt he issue up "yes, atom of faith in Allah, (those who are muslims) will eventually be taken out of hellfire and admitted into paradise (if Allah wills)"

-------------

Posted By: abu_nazir
Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:25am

salamualaikum,

the truth is, nobody can tell who will go to heaven and who will go to hell.  only rasulullah is able to do that.

but we do know what will make us go to hell and what will make us go to heaven.

if you ask whether a criminal or the victim will go to hell or heaven, the answer is, only Allah knows.

Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 8:08am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Islamically, if we wrong someone we should seek forgiveness from that person. This is part of seeking forgiveness from this sin from Allah(SWT) as the person we wronged has that right over us.

This is so important that before performing Hajj you must seek forgiveness, return anything that you have borrowed to it's rightful owner, and repay any money you owe.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2006 at 2:30am

Allah says that if there was not a single person on the earth with the faith 'there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah' ( that is, if there was not a single muslim person on the earth ) then Allah would destroy the heavens and the earths and all that is between them.

a muslim is so special to Allah. angel, i suggest that you gain more knowledge (if Allah wills) why islam is true, perfect, unique religion. if Allah wills then Allah will make you a muslim

-------------

Posted By: DigitalStorm82
Date Posted: 20 April 2006 at 1:26pm
Asalamu Alaikum Everyone

Just want to put my opinion in this matter...

Good deeds vs Bad deeds.... will be set on a scale. 

If your a muslim, you will go to heaven or hell depending on which side the scale tips... or which side is heavier.

If your a muslim, and your bad deeds weigh more than your good deeds, you'll go to hell, untill the intercession of Prophet Mohammad comes.  Where he will bow down in front of the Lord, and remain in that position for time period we dont know, and after that period, Allah will ask him to raise his head and tell him to Ask what he wants of his Lord.  Then prophet mohammad will ask Allah to forgive the muslims and he will do it..  this process will take 4x, he will bow 4 times, 4th time would be the people that have an atom worth of faith in Allah. And they will be forgiven, through intercession of prophet mohammad.

As for your comment on whether this is "comforting" giving an anology of a criminal.  Say you stole some candy from store... and say you were put in hell for it.  Do  you think its fair to keep that person in hell forever for that piece of candy?   Even in jails people are released, after they have paid for their crimes. 

Allah is the most just, and most merciful, He will not misjudge anyone, for each individual has 2 angels on his left and right shoulder recording everything they say, and have his flesh speak on the judgement day testifying for his actions.  Does Allah need this proof? No, he is aware of what you do and what you will do, and what you have done in the past.  The proof is for you, on judgement day you will want to deny every sin, but your lips will be sealed, and your fless will talk....the proof is for yourself.  

Without the intecession of prophet mohammad, muslims who have done bad deed would stay in hell forever.

For those who deny Allah as one God and associate partners with him, they will abide in hell forever.  For they denied the message of their lord and said it was all lies.  And on that day, they will be thrown into the blazing fire and will be told, this is what ye used to deny.

Anyone who didn't receice the message of God, will be dealt in a different manner that is just.

Quran is the undeinable proof that it was sent down by Allah.  There is so much evidence, in light of science and Quran alone to prove without any doubt that this book is divine.

Ok, thats all I had to say for now.

-------------
Ma'Salama,
Hamid

Date Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by DigitalStorm82 DigitalStorm82 wrote:

Without the intecession of prophet mohammad, muslims who have done bad deed would stay in hell forever.

i think you may be wrong in stating this. i think those muslims who are in hell if Allah wills Allah will remove them without anyone's intercession.

as far as i know, with Allah's permission prophet muhammad's (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) intercession may come before the muslims are cast in hell fire.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:33pm

i think you may be wrong in stating this. i think those muslims who are in hell if Allah wills Allah will remove them without anyone's intercession.

as far as i know, with Allah's permission prophet muhammad's (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) intercession may come before the muslims are cast in hell fire.

again, i am not sure about what i said but this is what i think. may be what digital said is right.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:08am

*****screaming*****

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

Allah says that if there was not a single person on the earth with the faith 'there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah' ( that is, if there was not a single muslim person on the earth ) then Allah would destroy the heavens and the earths and all that is between them.

That answers my quiries, how?

Quote a muslim is so special to Allah. angel, i suggest that you gain more knowledge (if Allah wills) why islam is true, perfect, unique religion. if Allah wills then Allah will make you a muslim

You're not helping

Since you are not exactly answering my quiries I am assuming you do not know the information

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:17am

Asalamu Alaikum Everyone

Just want to put my opinion in this matter...

Good deeds vs Bad deeds.... will be set on a scale. 

If your a muslim, you will go to heaven or hell depending on which side the scale tips... or which side is heavier.

If your a muslim, and your bad deeds weigh more than your good deeds, you'll go to hell, untill the intercession of Prophet Mohammad comes.  Where he will bow down in front of the Lord, and remain in that position for time period we dont know, and after that period, Allah will ask him to raise his head and tell him to Ask what he wants of his Lord.  Then prophet mohammad will ask Allah to forgive the muslims and he will do it..  this process will take 4x, he will bow 4 times, 4th time would be the people that have an atom worth of faith in Allah. And they will be forgiven, through intercession of prophet mohammad.

As for your comment on whether this is "comforting" giving an anology of a criminal.  Say you stole some candy from store... and say you were put in hell for it.  Do  you think its fair to keep that person in hell forever for that piece of candy?   Even in jails people are released, after they have paid for their crimes. 

Allah is the most just, and most merciful, He will not misjudge anyone, for each individual has 2 angels on his left and right shoulder recording everything they say, and have his flesh speak on the judgement day testifying for his actions.  Does Allah need this proof? No, he is aware of what you do and what you will do, and what you have done in the past.  The proof is for you, on judgement day you will want to deny every sin, but your lips will be sealed, and your fless will talk....the proof is for yourself.  

For those who deny Allah as one God and associate partners with him, they will abide in hell forever.  For they denied the message of their lord and said it was all lies.  And on that day, they will be thrown into the blazing fire and will be told, this is what ye used to deny.

Anyone who didn't receice the message of God, will be dealt in a different manner that is just.

Quran is the undeinable proof that it was sent down by Allah.  There is so much evidence, in light of science and Quran alone to prove without any doubt that this book is divine.

Ok, thats all I had to say for now.

Thank you for answering my quiries even if its your opinion

But as Salman has mentioned those (muslims) who have an atom of faith [even if they are criminals and I'm not exactly talking about a candy being stolen] will get into heaven, and this is where I questioned about criminals for which Salman is not answering.

Salman.....see  this is what I've been looking for

-------------

Posted By: DigitalStorm82
Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 9:55am

When the time comes, where there will be no one left on earth that will say Allah in His rememberence...   or people that will say.. "there used to be people that worshipped this thing called God"  That is one of the signs of the day of judgment.

Because of the enormous pain caused by the trumpet, the mountains will be leveled, sky will split apart.. Allah doesn't want anyone muslim to suffer those pains, so in my opinion, I believe thats what it means when he says when no one will be left on earth that believes in him, he'll destroy the earth.

As for criminals, Allah is just in punishing them.  If you knew what Hell contains, you'll justify that NO ACTION is worthy of hellfire, because of its intesity in torture.

That is why Allah will forgive all those who believed in him and yet committed crimes vs. those who didn't believe in him in the first place.  The only sin he wont forgive is kufr... which is disbelief. That is because, he has sent down messengers to every nation, and they still continue to disbelieve in Him. 

Even after that... it is mentioned in a hadith, Allah will take a handful of people from hell and let them into paradise because of his mercy.  They will be purrifed in the river of Khauther and they will wear green clothes and gold necklaces and stuff. 

ok, I gotta go for now. 

-------------
Ma'Salama,
Hamid

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net