IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did Jesus decleared war?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did Jesus decleared war?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Jesus decleared war?
    Posted: 29 April 2018 at 8:55pm
Was ther any evidince that Jesus was egaged of any kind of physical war?
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

No.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

No.

Its strange how many people are still making war in acording to what their god and their book says
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:20am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

No.

Its strange how many people are still making war in acording to what their god and their book says

Jesus saw this human flaw and even included it in his classic teaching of how to pray to God. Praying for God to "not lead us into temptation " sounds odd at first hearing, but he was NOT praying that God not tempt us. God does not draw us to sin. He prayed that we not fall into temptation while following God's leadership.

War is a severe form of temptation, but we often see well meaning people fall into bigotry, conceit and other sins while following God. I think Satan has a particular interest in tempting people who follow God, and agree with Jesus that it is important to pray for protection.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 11:22pm
yes he did.

Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Chop off their heads man.

New Living Translation
Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables.

New American Standard Bible 
And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.

New Living Translation
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!
Luke 22:36

The meak lamb of God,the gental jesus.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 6:56am
iec786, you misunderstand your prophet Jesus.

Luke 19:27 - this is part of a parable, a fictional teaching story. It is not a real life command or situation. Jesus is relating a story.

In the story of the expulsion of the moneychangers, the moneychangers had brought animals into the temple when the animals should have been outside. Note the moneychangers were not whipped, only the animals.

The persecution of Jesus' disciples after His crucifixion is well documented. I imagine the sword was necessary for self-protection, but there is no evidence of warfare or rebellion. The Roman short sword was also a general purpose tool and used as an axe, machete, shovel and in hunting/butchering. I do not believe Jesus taught total pacifism, but recommending the purchase of swords at that time does not equate to a call for aggression.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

yes he did.

Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Chop off their heads man.

New Living Translation
Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables.

New American Standard Bible 
And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.

New Living Translation
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!
Luke 22:36

The meak lamb of God,the gental jesus.

Luke 19 was only a parable not literal.

The verse is part of a parable that Jesus taught. The parable seems intended to teach about the judgment of God at this point. It does not suggest that human governance should even follow this example. He merely uses what could and often did happen to illustrate a point of God's supreme governance.

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ 19 And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ 20 Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’

22 He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ 24 And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ 25 And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ 26 ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Luke 19:11-27

Thus, this verse has nothing to do with an individual turning the other cheek, nor does it speak to the idea of human governance at all. What it does teach is that all mankind will one day face the judgment of God. Those who have hated and rejected God will be punished.

AkuDia View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AkuDia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 10:21pm

Jesus' missionary for only 3 years, imagine he is like Muhammad who preached for 23 years. Will Jesus not fight his own people who oppose his Father?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic