IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mitochondrial DNA  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mitochondrial DNA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
New Israel is Muslim View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Israel is Muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by fu7ion fu7ion wrote:

My question however was not on the original conflict between religion and evolution, but a simple query into how Islam could explain foreign DNA existing within a supposedly created being. Would the mitochondra not simply be another organelle within our cells if this were the case?

I find it particularly curious that the DNA of the mitochondria is observed to be related to other bacterial species that exist today, and exhibit characteristically bacterial reproduction within our cells. Also the fact that upon removal of the mitochondria from a human cell, another cannot be independently reproduced.

Although I don't like to admit it, the evidence all seems to directly dispute creation, like with Adam...

The evidence supports Adam and Eve and Noah existed. You just have be willing to accept the Truth.

Adam was not the first male human God created, and there were females of the human race before Eve.

You have Eve as the mother of all the living and the other females made in the image and likeness of God as humans, according to the Old Testament. Eve was the pure and perfect woman.

Noah settled in Eastern Turkey/Western Iran area. And there are two paternal haplogroups widespread among Muslims in the Middle East that have their origin in that location. Y-DNA Haplogroups I and J, paternal line. Y-DNA I and J came from Mt Ararat region and spread out north, east south and west. God said Noah and his sons are the only survivors of man, that is because there were other non-female survivors of the Flood, they just were judged to be the filth that caused the Flood, so they are not man but something like jinn. Ifrits.

The Israelites believed there were pre-Adamite races mixed together in with the inhabitants of the earth. The jewish historian Josephus makes passing mention of this saying Cain encountered these pre-Adamites when he went into the wilderness.

It is easy to identify the sons of Noah (Y-DNA I and J). Haplogroup Y-DNA J is universally accepted as the Semites. I would add that J2 is Semitic and J1 is Hamitic. Y-DNA I is Jepheth. This fits perfectly on a map in the table of nations. Much harder to find out who are the daughters of Eve. The other females are not mentioned as losing their image and likeness of God after the flood, when their men are made mention of no longer being men, because Noah and sons were the only men left on earth. Individuals like Byran Sykes wrote a book on the 7 daughters of Eve and says practically only mtDNA N are the daughters of Eve, specifically R0 (H and V), JT, U and X. The ones that came from the Middle East as origin are among these. Haplogroup mtDNA M is a foreign haplogroup linked to Mongolians (Y-DNA C) and eventually Mongoloids (Y-DNA NOPQR).
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 11:59am
I think you summarized the situation exactly as it is.

This is why I consider Islam as the most vulnerable of all abrahamic religions.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
fu7ion View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fu7ion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 5:50am
@pete What purpose would there be for god to create a text which requires the twisting of words, and the complete discarding of other information provided. If it was the so called 'book for all mankind' would it not have remained consistent in its message throughout all time. If a text requires such complex manipulation in order to even remotely fit in with the current observation of the world, I ask, is this truly a divine text? And for how long will this charade of twisting words until it makes sense last in our ever growing library of understanding of our world.
It simply does not make sense to me why a god would create such a confusing and factually incorrect book, however it confuses me more how individuals feel it correct to continue manipulating its words to remain faithful.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2018 at 6:50am
Quote @Pete
Just because a religious text states that Adam was created by God it doesn't imply that He didn't create him through evolution.
In Islam Adam was directly created by god (out of clay). 

Who's right ?

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Pete View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:04am
Just because a religious text states that Adam was created by God it doesn't imply that He didn't create him through evolution.

Also, that a religious text being taken literally is not inherent to all religions. I know that the bible used by Jews can be interpreted by them according to scientific facts. This is what Maimonides teaches in his book The Guide for the Perplexed which is adhered to by Jews.

Catholics are freely allowed to accept evolution since Pope John Paul II declared that evolution need not be inconsistent with Christianity. Other Christian sects don't accept what the Vatican holds to be true though.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 3:17am
Quote fu7ion
My question however was not on the original conflict between religion and evolution, but a simple query into how Islam could explain foreign DNA existing within a supposedly created being.

I understood, but I guess you will never get a decent answer to this question here. As soon as science enters in conflict with Islam the subject gets immediately psychologically repressed.

Your question is highly specific and I experienced that even much simpler question like: "why do the Bonobos have 98% of the genes in common with us ?" or "why does the human embryo develop a 10�12 vertebrae tail during the 5th to 6th week ?" and many many more questions never got answered. It is a no-go area.

This lack of competence becomes all to visible when you look at the "scientific miracles in the Quran", where people without any scientific knowledge launch themselves into the wildest speculations - and nobody within Islam is willing to stand up against this hokuspokus.

Guess why !

Just to pick one case: Did you read the third thread here in "Science and Technology" ?
The title is "The theory of evolution has been shattered" and the thread starts with:
"Islam is the truth. Islam is the true religion".
Isn't that sad & funny at the same time ?     Sorry, it seems that I got a bit carried away by my emotions...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I don't like to admit it, the evidence all seems to directly dispute creation, like with Adam...

Once you have understood this fact, I think there is no way back...

I know it's hard:

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 13 February 2018 at 1:55pm
fu7ion View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fu7ion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 11:15pm
My question however was not on the original conflict between religion and evolution, but a simple query into how Islam could explain foreign DNA existing within a supposedly created being. Would the mitochondra not simply be another organelle within our cells if this were the case?

I find it particularly curious that the DNA of the mitochondria is observed to be related to other bacterial species that exist today, and exhibit characteristically bacterial reproduction within our cells. Also the fact that upon removal of the mitochondria from a human cell, another cannot be independently reproduced.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 5:45am
Quote Aziza:
nothing in the Quran excludes the possibility that living organisms evolved through time

Well, yes and no. Of course are there no comments on [the possibility] of evolution in the Quran, but this is not a surprise because at Muhammad's time this was not a subject of discussion/knowledge.
However, an imaginary person like Adam (who probably never existed for real) was -according to the Quran- directly created by God.
Evolution theory reduces this celestial descend to a descent from the apes - which not the same.

The same applies for us: Instead as being made by god out of dust, clay or water (you're free to choose) the evolutionary process was quite different from what the Quran wants to make us believe.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 09 February 2018 at 5:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic