IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

I've said that in Islam, all the descendants of Prophet Adam are eternal life, and that is eternal is only their soul, not their body.
They will be eternal both those who go to heaven or to hell.

Regards,
Asep

Hi Asep:

That is interesting belief you have there. Christians don't believe Adam was a prophet.

As for hell, it is real, and it is the opposite of eternal life. There is no life whatsoever in hell. Eternal life is always a good thing because God is in the details, but hell (Spiritual Death) is the opposite of life. It is eternal damnation and death. The Devil is in the details for hell.

Hell is the total absence of God. God doesn't torment people, but demons do. Hell was not meant or made by God for humans; It was made for Satan and his angels or demons.

Make no mistake about it, Hell is forever a place of torment, but that torment would be infinitely less painful than being in the presence of a Holy God in an unregenerate state of sin and darkness. May you come to the knowledge of complete truth and life.

Best Regards,
Al

Dear Saved,

I respect your beliefs to believe in the religion you profess, and for my belief in Islam about the hell, besides provided for devils also to human as stated in His Word, one of His words is the Quran 66:6.

Regards,
Asep
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Dear David C,

In Islam, there are word of Allah about eternally in hell, among others stated in Quran 43:74
However, any decision about it only belongs to Allah, He knows everything, He is very fair and wise, no one knows about His plans for the next.

Regards,
Asep

Most Christians believe the same way.

Dear David,

OK, thanks for your response.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Dear Saved,

I've said that in Islam, all the descendants of Prophet Adam are eternal life, and that is eternal is only their soul, not their body.
They will be eternal both those who go to heaven or to hell.

Regards,
Asep

Hi Asep:

That is interesting belief you have there. Christians don't believe Adam was a prophet.

As for hell, it is real, and it is the opposite of eternal life. There is no life whatsoever in hell. Eternal life is always a good thing because God is in the details, but hell (Spiritual Death) is the opposite of life. It is eternal damnation and death. The Devil is in the details for hell.

Hell is the total absence of God. God doesn't torment people, but demons do. Hell was not meant or made by God for humans; It was made for Satan and his angels or demons.

Make no mistake about it, Hell is forever a place of torment, but that torment would be infinitely less painful than being in the presence of a Holy God in an unregenerate state of sin and darkness. May you come to the knowledge of complete truth and life.

Best Regards,
Al

Dear Saved,

I respect your beliefs to believe in the religion you profess, and for my belief in Islam about the hell, besides provided for devils also to human as stated in His Word, one of His words is the Quran 66:6.

Regards,
Asep
HI Asep:

I too have respect for your beliefs. I am just in dialogue and in search of someone who knows something I don't about the one and only True God.

Also keep in mind, that the topic of my thread is "Works vs Faith. IMO, according to Scripture Works will always lose to faith" because without faith it is impossible to please God.
When we truly have faith, it will most assuredly show by our works, but the person that depends on works over faith will find they have come short of the glory of God.

I believe God loves all of us and wants us to come to the knowledge of Truth. Jesus said: "I am the Truth..."

Regards,
Al

Edited by Saved - 02 November 2016 at 6:23pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 3:15pm
Dear Saved,

In Islam, everything we done must be accompanied by faith to gain the pleasure of Allah, and to achieve the pleasure of Allah, mankind must run His commands and avoid what is forbidden by Him.

Then please remember that not only Jesus who brought the truth, but also all the Messengers of God brought the truth. unfortunately, there were many people reject the truth brought by the Apostles, even among those alter the passages in the Scriptures so it caused mislead other people from the truth.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2016 at 6:20pm

Dear Saved,

In Islam, everything we done must be accompanied by faith to gain the pleasure of Allah, and to achieve the pleasure of Allah, mankind must run His commands and avoid what is forbidden by Him.

Then please remember that not only Jesus who brought the truth, but also all the Messengers of God brought the truth. unfortunately, there were many people reject the truth brought by the Apostles, even among those alter the passages in the Scriptures so it caused mislead other people from the truth.

Regards,
Asep

Hi Asep:

Thanks for sharing. I understand what you're saying, but I must not have made myself clear. It is our faith in God that produces the works. The works have nothing to do with our salvation.

The danger is us believing we need to produce works to earn salvation. Once we feel the need to supplement our faith and God's grace with our good deeds or works, we are making ourselves partners with God in our salvation. That is what will destroy us and sever us from Jesus Christ and God forever.

As for all true prophets bringing truth, I agree they all brought truth, but Jesus not only brought the truth, He is the truth and not someone who only brought the truth. No other prophet before or after Jesus could claim to be the truth short of being a false prophet. The difference is being truth and showing truth. That is a big difference. It is like night and day, and death and life.

PBUY,
Al
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 12:16pm
Dear Saved,

Sorry, your explanation on this one for me is less clear whether it can be clarified? So our discussion can be focused to the topic of conversation.
Thanks.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 7:24pm

Dear Saved,

Sorry, your explanation on this one for me is less clear whether it can be clarified? So our discussion can be focused to the topic of conversation.
Thanks.

Regards,
Asep
Dear Asep:

You should read it several times, pray and think carefully to what it says. Ask your Creator to show you where I am coming from in what I have shared. It is clear if looked at carefully asking God for spiritual discernment. I promise you.
Part of what it states is that salvation is a gift from God that does us no good unless we take hold of it by faith. Then our faith when mixed with God's grace we are saved from damnation which we really deserve. Faith mixed with God's grace are the conditions God gives us to obtain His mercy. We can never earn mercy or forgiveness not to mention paradise.

If we think we have to earn our way to paradise then man gets the credit and not God. Man can boast or brag, God wants all the glory and he shares His glory with no man. The man who trust in doing good deeds to obtain forgiveness, mercy and paradise will not go to a better place because he had been deceived trusting a lie.

Peace,
Al

Edited by Saved - 09 November 2016 at 6:48pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 1:37am
Dear Saved,

How will I trust you? (�You should read it several times, pray and think carefully to what it says. Ask your Creator to show you where I am coming from in what I have shared.�), even you are rarely put out the word of God.

Due to your statements in your writing this one convoluted (unlike the others), then my answer is simply brief: Quran 2: 15-18 and 42:15

Regards,
Asep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic