IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Moon (Part 2)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Moon (Part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I think the moon was supposed to be somewhere else because it is at it's 'correct' position now. I have never seen the moon that low in the horizon but once which was last year Ramadan.

How do you know what the "correct" position is for a particular day/time?  The moon is low near the horizon every night around moonrise/set (obviously), not just during Ramadan.  If you've never seen it, then I guess you haven't been looking.  Perhaps you just don't pay much attention to the moon throughout the rest of the year.

Quote Just look at the pics.

You have posted a couple of dozen pictures.  I have no idea which ones you think are "correct" and which are "miracles".  They all look perfectly normal to me.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

How do you know what the "correct" position is for a particular day/time?� The moon is low near the horizon every night around moonrise/set (obviously), not just during Ramadan.� If you've never seen it, then I guess you haven't been looking.� Perhaps you just don't pay much attention to the moon throughout the rest of the year.

That's the whole point you dope. Now the moon is at it's correct position around that time that I go to the Corniche. It was very low over the horizon those two particular nights when it lost it's light and disappeared.

If you look at the domed building in the centre of the pic (which is the Sharjah court house) you will see that the moon is at its right hand side The moon was only there those two particular nights.

For the past week after the miracle the moon is very high over to the left of the court house, that is it's correct position (where it should be). The moon does not dilly dally across the sky but moves very very slowly throughout the night on it's course.

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

]You have posted a couple of dozen pictures.� I have no idea which ones you think are "correct" and which are "miracles".� They all look perfectly normal to me.

The first two nights are incorrect.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 12:07pm
You do understand that the position of the Moon is different on each day of the month?
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 1:09pm
On the evening of June 24, the moon set at approx. 12:25 a.m. (technically the morning of the 25th), at an azimuth of about 265 degrees (estimated from the Heavens Above sky charts).

At the same time two days later on the evening of June 26, it was at azimuth 250 degrees and still more than ten degrees above the horizon.  It set more than an hour later at 1:35 a.m. (technically the 27th), at about azimuth 260 degrees.

The "correct" position of the moon on the evening of the 26th is thus about fifteen degrees south of what it would have been at the same time on the 24th, and it is quite a bit higher in the sky as well.  That is consistent with your photos as far as I can tell.  It is also consistent with your observation that the moon is quite a bit dimmer as it approaches the horizon.

You are an excellent observer, Abu Loren.  If only you wouldn't allow mysticism to cloud your interpretations.

[edited to fix my am./pm. error. Embarrassed]

Edited by Ron Webb - 01 July 2015 at 2:07pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 2:24pm
@ AbuL

Any luck with your download ?

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 2:33am
You people still do not understand.

Wherever the moon was supposed to  be, it lost it's light and went dark and then disappeared completely. For two nights in a row. That is a miracle.

After thought

I was observing the moon last night and it was brighter than the previous nights due to it being near full. It disappeared behind some clouds but you know it is still there because of the light.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 2:34am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@ AbuL

Any luck with your download ?

Airmano
I hate mobile phones especially the smart ones.

Edited by Abu Loren - 02 July 2015 at 2:34am
La Ilaha IllAllah
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 3:27am
thread shifted

Edited by airmano - 03 July 2015 at 1:37am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
  Share Topic