IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jinns are not fiction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jinns are not fiction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 40>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 8:50am
"I know my God would approve of such humanitarianism. "

Oh come off it! What a ridiculous thing to say. Most of the former Muslims that I know say that the reason they finally abandoned Islam was because of the awful tortures that your god reserved for people in hell. They simply could not reconcile the supposedly all-loving god of Islam with the monster that supposedly allows humans to suffer the most unimaginable pain for all eternity.

Allah approves of humanitarianism????? I think you've just demonstrated that you are an apologist for Islam by trying to defend such an obviously controversial position.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 8:52am
Quote The Saint: Are you Sampo Smith? Or, the dead soothsayer? Ilmarinen or V�in�m�inen?
And who are you to be able to judge the quality of this poem ?
A Nobel price winner in literature may be ? Part of an internationally recognized jury in literature ?
Lol !
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote The Saint: I am curious why you chose this obscure and mundane text to compare with the Quran?

As told: Simply because it is better than any surah of the Quran!

In your first attempt you have miserably failed to prove me wrong.

I wish you more luck next time:   Airmano

Edited by airmano - 01 September 2015 at 12:12pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 9:09am
Well, Bertrand Russell has been dead for decades, so good luck questioning him.

I am questioning you since you are copying or endorsing his views!

Anyway, if the argument doesn't make sense, attack the argument, not the man making it (which would be me at the moment, not Russell). Gosh, this it Logic 101. Shocked Do I really have to explain to you why ad hominem arguments are fallacious?

An accuser of may be guilty of ignorance or equivocation when he is shouting ad hominem. Therefore, my stand is based on sound logic. No, do not bother, I do understand what a fallacy is and when and how it occurs.

That was in a different discussion, and I did respond to it.

I am afraid, not.

No, to nature. We would want to investigate it to figure out how such a natural phenomenon is possible. As a matter of fact, we already know that the reversing of the poles is a natural phenomenon which has occurred many times in the past and (some say) is overdue to happen again. It would be a huge benefit to humankind if we understood it, and could predict it or even delay or prevent it. Secular science may one day provide that benefit. Religion with its knee-jerk "Goddidit" response will not.

I see. So, what do you mean when you say nature? The natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc. A creation that came into existence on its own? Or, are you admitting even inadvertently that Nature is driven by something or someone?

But the Quran is 1400 years old. It is not the scripture that Noah or Abraham followed. Can Islam exist without the Quran? Can it exist without Muhammad as its Prophet?

I know it is a bit difficult to wrap one's head around the idea that Quran and Islam do not have the same antiquity. Particularly, for half-baked scholars who are too lazy to get their facts right. Or, are not interested in facts. I have explained this so many times!

The truth is that Islam dates back to Adam PBUH. Noah and Abraham PBUT both followed the same code that all later prophets did. Submission to the will of Allah. Islam in Arabic means submission to the will of Allah. That is why they were all Muslims. Yes, Jesus PBUH too, was a Muslim.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

I take the challenge to bring forward a poem better than any surah of the quran: 

LOL
I've opened a separate discussion to answer this challenge: a Surah the like thereof.  Maybe you would like to add your entry there.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 7:03pm
By the way, Mr. Saint,

I should apologize for the length of my last post to you, which was almost double my usual personal limit (roughly two screen pages).  These discussions can quickly become tedious if we don't keep them under control.  Please feel free to respond only to the most important points, and so will I in future.

I'll respond to your last two messages, plus anything else you want to add, in a day or so.

Ron
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 7:48am
And who are you to be able to judge the quality of this poem ?
A Nobel price winner in literature may be ? Part of an internationally recognized jury in literature ?
Lol !

You did not answer my questions? Does not matter, I knew you will have no answer.

Btw, I did not question the quality of the poem? But now that you have brought the matter up let me say it is very, very ordinary.

As told: Simply because it is better than any surah of the Quran!

Are you willing to support your obviously frivolous claim with some evidence or should I conclude you are a buffoon?

In your first attempt you have miserably failed to prove me wrong.

There you go hallucinating again! Because I have not even tried to prove anything....yet! You must make a proper claim first. I am still waiting.

I wish you better sense.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 7:52am
By the way, Mr. Saint,

I should apologize for the length of my last post to you, which was almost double my usual personal limit (roughly two screen pages). These discussions can quickly become tedious if we don't keep them under control. Please feel free to respond only to the most important points, and so will I in future.

I'll respond to your last two messages, plus anything else you want to add, in a day or so.

Ron

I am glad you brought-up the subject.

Personally, I do not mind long posts. It is only when I am pressed for time when long posts become a little draggy. Anyways, thanks for the thought.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 8:01am
@The Saint
Quote Btw, I did not question the quality of the poem? But now that you have brought the matter up let me say it is very, very ordinary.

Please explain why you think it is ordinary.
----------------------------------------------
Quote There you go hallucinating again! Because I have not even tried to prove anything....yet! You must make a proper claim first. I am still waiting.

You and your brothers in faith started to claim that there is no surah/poem better/equal than [one in] the Quran - not me.

I don't think it is frivoulous (if you think so "why" ?) but just a fact: The poem I posted is better.

If you disagree give me your reasons (beyond "it is obvious that ...") why you think that this it is not the case.

Your second attempt to prove me wrong was no better than the first one .

Wishing you even more luck for the next attempt:

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 02 September 2015 at 8:07am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 40>
  Share Topic