IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need answers from converts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need answers from converts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 1:19am

Dear Sister Melody!

May Allah guide you in the days and years ahead and bless you all your life. Congratulations and certainly what sister Maryga has said is absolutely true.

If a novice driver bangs his new and excellent car with a wall whom would you blame car or driver. Similarly don't judge Islam what some of the Muslims do around the world, judge it by the authentic sources Quran and Sahih Hadith (Sayings and life of Prophet). However I would say that there are not only 40 Hadith Qudsi, these are the Hadiths which are published under the name of 40 Hadith e Qudsi, there are approx between 300- 900 Hadith e Qudsi. (some scholars agree on 300, some on 700 and some on 900). The most authentic books of Hadith are Bukhari and Muslim. Others are Abu-Dawood, Trimidhi, Ibn-e-Maja, Nissai, Musnad Ahmed, Motta Imam Malik, while among other which are not considered very authentic are Dharami, Darqutni, etc     

Shams Zaman

Pakistan

DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 8:51am

Dear Rami and Angela,

I believe I asked her TO READ QURAN AND HADITHS completely, and not other source. If you think this advice is poisonous to her, then I don't know what to say.

Fox

Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)
Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 4:56pm

Assalam-alaikum Melody

AlhumdulIllah! May Allah make your path full of Peace and Mercy. Just a small word of advice - Islam and Muslims are not the same. You will find all types of people amongst the latter and let that not weaken your faith. Sometimes we are fortunate to be in the company of very good Muslims but not always.

Dwell on the Qur'an reading it slowly, ponder upon its verses and try to understand it. Try and read good translations such as Yusuf Ali. Regarding ahadith - be careful - look out and read only what is authentic - and the 40 qudsi.

Searching View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Searching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 1:39am

I am sorry for my absense from the forum.  I had not received email notification that there were new posts.

Actually, suleyman, I was searching and found my answers.  My husband and I both said Shahada on Jan 6th.  We are now Muslim and learning more every day and are enjoying our new found faith.  I think even when I posted this message initially I knew somewhere deep inside that Islam was right for me.  How could I deny the truth and keep a blind eye to the inconsistencies in the Bible?  I recently learned the story of Mohammed's (pbuh) childhood at the ladies study group and was very touched by the story.  The more I learn the more I am sure that I made the right decision.  I never could totally grasp the christian concept of the Trinity or worshipping someone other than God.

Herjihad, this post was originally made on Dec. 26.  I converted 10 days later and that's when I posted something about having an Islamic marriage.  Sorry about the confusion.

Thank you all for your comments.  I look forward to posting/reading more in the future.

Melody

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:56am
Sister she was no searching for...we have some serious experiences on the type of the users comes and goes in this board...

Edited by Suleyman
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:35am

Interfaith debates, belong in the Interfaith Dialogue section....Searching it looking for resources on Islam.  Even as a Chrisitan I respect her ability to read and search her own soul for the truth.  She should have the ability to find for herself without being poisoned for or against.  God will lead her where he wants her.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 10:33pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

This section if for muslims to teach Islam to non muslims, if you do not wish to learn then it is not for you.

We do not entertain interfaith debates here or non muslims trying to teach us our religion.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 10:31pm

Dear Rami,

I can accept your deleting about the Torn Veil, but do you want anyone converting to Islam before reading THE WHOLE QURAN AND AHADITHS? And this is Islam for NON MUSLIM forum, I believe.

Fox

Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic