IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Barbara Walters Special  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Barbara Walters Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Barbara Walters Special
    Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:31am

God's Blessings and peace be upon all!

I'm sure from the many posts here you guys are wondering what I'm doing here and psoting so many...Well we got a small break from the Academy for Christmas and so I wanted to stop by and kinda chit chat with everyone. Anyway I saw an interesting special last night with Barbara Walters under the subject: Heaven, where is it?

It was quite interesting as it gives the expression of various people of different faiths, both religion and scientific alike. I hope you guys saw it because it would be a great discussion. However I didn't like the fact that in one of her parts in the show that she interviews both a "moderate" Muslim and an "extreme" Muslim. I guess it gives the show flavor to show certain Muslims as extremist.

I was quite surprised to know from the "moderate" Muslim that 72 in the Arabic language is an infinite number. He mentions as in example "Barabara I told you 100 times not to do that." But you have missed it y o u can order the video online I believe on their website.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:01am

Bismillah,

Glad to see you back, Brother!  Sorry, I didn't catch that.  Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to reading a discussion between you and other people who saw the show.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:28am

As-Salaam Alaikum brother,

I saw the show.  Why they just couldn't say what Islam says about heaven period if that what the show was about.  I think it was a way to make Islam look bad anyway, as usual.

Hakeema

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 11:10am

Hakeema the whole point of the show was to get varying opinions regarding the belief in Heaven. I think personally that they shouldn't have interviewed a convicted suicide bomber and then interview an Imam in regards to the opinions of heaven and hell. In one piece Barbara Walter asks "Will Jews go to hell?" The guy says "Yes all Jews will go to hell." Then she asks him "What about me do you want me to go to hell ?" He then says "I don't want anything it's what God wants, you should follow prophet Muhammad."

Then it later switches back to the Imam and he explains that "anytype of judgement by a beliver is prohibited. We should not discuss who is going where but its up to God to decide." Which even though its a noble explanation I think it confuses people especially those ignorant of Islam. More will focus on the negative rather than the positive so whatever sticks out is what the last individual said.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

In one piece Barbara Walter asks "Will Jews go to hell?" The guy says "Yes all Jews will go to hell." Then she asks him "What about me do you want me to go to hell ?" He then says "I don't want anything it's what God wants, you should follow prophet Muhammad."

And what happens if you don't follow the Prophet ??

No offence, sounds like a typical answer.

And one to avoid a direct question as the person answering doesn't want to look bad.

Quote Then it later switches back to the Imam and he explains that "anytype of judgement by a beliver is prohibited. We should not discuss who is going where but its up to God to decide." Which even though its a noble explanation I think it confuses people especially those ignorant of Islam. More will focus on the negative rather than the positive so whatever sticks out is what the last individual said.

I don't know, but what explanation would you have otherwise ? 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

It was quite interesting as it gives the expression of various people of different faiths, both religion and scientific alike.

What about those, what happened there?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 8:02pm

angel the opinions were a variety but it gave quite a few theories on how one experiences heaven etc quite interestin. Would you like for me to explain?

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 3:42am

Bismillah,

I would, if you please.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic