IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Original Sin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Original Sin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 10:00am
The Saint
Quote You and your kind are being swept away by changing values while Islam is rooted in sources which were established long ago and they are forever
Did you ever do the maths ?
Your religion got 1400 = 1.4*10^3 years. Our Universe has a (rounded) age of 14*10^9 = 1.4 * 10^10 years. It is such 10^7 = 10 Million times older than your book.
So the existence of your religion covers 100% * 1.4*10^3/(1.4*10^10) = 0.00001 % of the age of our universe.

And you try to extrapolate this value to "forever" ?

Good luck: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 29 June 2015 at 10:09am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 8:02am
The Saint
For those who were aware of the military situation concerning the Romans and Persians, this prediction was absolutely incredible.

I would give it some credit - but by far not as much as you. See: Persia-Byzantine war. A realistic estimation may have been that Byzantine would win with a likelihood of 1:3, so here Mohamed made indeed his only correct and somewhat "unlikely prophecy".

In case, I forget, I am telling you, that Muhammad PBUH made many predictions and prophecies and they are coming true to this day. But they were made through knowledge received from Allah SWT. The likelihood of 1:3 would only be accepted by *****s since after such a loss, as it was, a win was highly unlikely.

The wrong timing in this forecast -which Ron already mentioned- kills however most of the "extraodinarity" of this "prophecy" in its infancy .

Wrong timing? Calling the prophecy's timing wrong is abject quibbling! You just do not want to accept the truth.

I can also see how you err on another count. The prophecy under discussion actually made two predictions. About two victories. Victory of Romans over the Persians and also of Muslims over the unbelievers. Within a few years of each. The second was also quite unlikely when the prophecy was made.

Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 8:06am
Did you ever do the maths ?
Your religion got 1400 = 1.4*10^3 years. Our Universe has a (rounded) age of 14*10^9 = 1.4 * 10^10 years. It is such 10^7 = 10 Million times older than your book.
So the existence of your religion covers 100% * 1.4*10^3/(1.4*10^10) = 0.00001 % of the age of our universe.

And you try to extrapolate this value to "forever" ?

Islam is really not 1400 years old. It began to be revealed with Adam PBUH. Do you know when Adam PBUH lived?

And please note that when I said forever I was particularly referring to the future. Until the civilization ends on this planet.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 9:27am
This is utter nonsense, and slanderous nonsense at that. Can you imagine if I said such things about you?

I find your outrage quite hypocritical after reading so many times your thoughts ridiculing Islam, God and the Prophet PBUH.

What if I told you that the purpose of a Muslim's life is to engage in permanent warfare against all disbelievers, to "fight them until acknowledge your superiority and are in a state of subjection"?

You will not be able to tell that to me but you can say it without it having any effect on me. i will simply ask you for proof.

Define "work". What significant human progress has been made by Islam in the past century or so? Read any newspaper.

Are you sure you phrased your question correctly? shouldn't you be asking whether what the Muslims have achieved?

I admit that Muslims have not done much. But that is very different from what Islam has achieved? Islam is attracting more believers from lands which have patently anti-Muslim majorities. The fastest growing religion, today is Islam. Although Muslims are hardly good examples of believers.

What notable successes can Islam claim, aside from flying planes into buildings, blowing up mosques and kidnapping young girls for sex slavery?

Muslims have at last begun fighting back against their puppet rulers who in turn are supported by the former colonialists. Who have milked the Muslims lands of most of their natural resources. They have begun throwing-off the yoke of bondage of foreign, pagan forces.

Btw, what notable progress have the so called modern nations achieved besides rejecting God and besides adopting satanic methods to impose their wills on weaker people all over the world? What? Turning the world into a war theatre and waging a war of civilizations against Muslims, who are perhaps the only eople on earth they fear.

I mean that Islam is founded on an "us versus them" mentality. I have never seen another religion that treats unbelievers ("infidels") with such disrespect and hostility.

Right now the power bloc called the west is doing it. Albeit, discreetly.

Sorry, but I'm not following you at all. Once again, this seems like a series of non sequiturs to me. Yes, individuals and governments can change, and ought to change as circumstances change. Yes, Bin Laden had American support when he was fighting against Russian occupation; but he became their enemy when he plotted against the Americans. This makes perfect sense. Why would it arouse your suspicion about his involvement in 9/11?

Because it does not make sense to me. Why is logical to expect Laden to change? Why is it so difficult to accept that America is a self-serving monster and it has no compunction to turn on friends when it suits them? You have a mental block.

As for foreigners being outcasts, surely that is a far more severe problem in Islamic nations than in western ones. Try being a Coptic Christian in Egypt. Persecution of Jews is so rampant that there are hardly any left in the Middle East outside Israel. Even Muslims are often outcasts if they are the wrong Sunni/Shiite/Sufi flavour.

For a man who hails from a likely stock that has 3000 sects, churches and bibles that blatant hypocrisy. For a man who if he lives in America he should be ashamed of racial riots, hate crimes and frequent shootings by hatred-driven youngsters. Shooting innocent people. A rape rate which is highest in the world And a divorce rate that must have a world rating. And alcoholism and drug addiction that is almost unparalleled in the world. Btw, there are more than 10 million coptic christians in Egypt.

I think you just answered your own question. He ought to have spoken about it beforehand precisely because it might have prevented the slander. Why wait for a crime to be committed, and only then reveal a law against it?

Who defines what God ought to have done? certainly not you!

But more to the point, you seemed to be trying to claim it as some sort of prophetic evidence of the authenticity of the Quran. For that to work, the prophecy has to come before the associated event, not after.

That is an assumption on your part. And it is incorrect.

A very specific prophecy of nine years would be much more remarkable than a vague "in a few years". If it turned out to be true, which as I said, it really wasn't. It took fourteen years to recapture the territory about which the prophecy was made.

But undeniably it did come true! You are left to nitpicking.

Once again, your sources are lying to you. There is no such comment in Volume Five of The Decline and Fall, and given Gibbon's comments in that volume about Muhammad's record of prophecy (search the second occurrence of the word "prophecy"), it is unlikely that he would have said it at all. Here is a link to Volume 5 if you want to take a look for yourself -- which you should have done already.

How many times do you have to be lied to, before you begin to question whether you can trust anything these guys are telling you?

How many times do I need to tell you that these comments make little difference to the truth of the Quran. Even if Gibbon's quoted comments are not true the prophecy is still unbelievable and yet it came true.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 2:02am
The Saint
Quote Islam is really not 1400 years old. It began to be revealed with Adam PBUH. Do you know when Adam PBUH lived?
From a scientific point of view it is sure that Adam as described by Bible/Quran never existed.

Some scientist do however use "Adam" to name our first humanoid ancestors.
In this sense the answer to your question is "400,000 and 250,000 years ago".

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 21 July 2015 at 2:03am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:31am
America is the rape capital of the world.

Going by the statistics provided by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, it would be safe to conclude that the US is without doubt world�s rape capital.

Surprisingly, 85593 rapes were reported in the world�s oldest democracy in 2010; the report shows 27.3 incidents of reported rape in the US per 100,000 people in 2010. http://daily.bhaskar.com/news-ht/NAT-TOP-mexico-the-uk-india-bolivia-and-the-us-are-top-five-countries-with-highest-rates-4834164-PHO.html?seq=5
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:32am
As Freud puts it: What we criticize the most in the others is what we have a problem with ourselves.

America is the rape capital of the world.

Going by the statistics provided by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, it would be safe to conclude that the US is without doubt world�s rape capital.

Surprisingly, 85593 rapes were reported in the world�s oldest democracy in 2010; the report shows 27.3 incidents of reported rape in the US per 100,000 people in 2010. http://daily.bhaskar.com/news-ht/NAT-TOP-mexico-the-uk-india-bolivia-and-the-us-are-top-five-countries-with-highest-rates-4834164-PHO.html?seq=5
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:33am
Airmano: This doesn't say a lot about me but much more about you.
As Freud puts it: What we criticize the most in the others is what we have a problem with ourselves.

Ok, let us see. America is the rape capital of the world.

Edited by The Saint - 21 July 2015 at 6:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
  Share Topic