IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - polygamy.........????????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polygamy.........????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polygamy.........????????
    Posted: 30 March 2005 at 4:25am
salams to all. this thing is bothering me so much . we have a happy marriege & good reliation with each other. but my husband wants a 2nd wife.this is killing me. i dont know if i can take this. now some say its asap to me to except it or not. i red a lot but i havent come acrose with any hadith that talk about the woman wat can she do........? if you have send it to me. thanx. iman
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 6:15am

Hey Sister Iman..

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  However, on this topic, all I know is that Ur husband cannot marry a 2nd wife unless you being his wife is not happy with this decision.  In order to satisfy his wants, he needs to satisfy you first.. in other words.. he needs you to be in this 100% to do so, or as what I gather.. this is hurting your feelings ='s Haram (forbidden).

I'm sure I have read about this in the section about marriage rules in the Qur'an.  God forgive me if I have said it wrong.. but i'm sure it is in there somewhere.

All the Best Sister

Khuda Hafiz

iman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 6:21am
thanx, i wish is like you are saying but i need some avidences so i can convince him to.  cose he does not think so.if you can find some daleel for me that will be helful. thanx again hering from u soon. iman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:07am

Iman,

I am also very sorry to hear about your situation.  Is polygamy permited in the country in which you live?  If not, your husband cannot break the law of his country of residence.

You can go to www.islamonline.net and click on "Fatwa Bank" in the right hand column.  Then type in "marrying a second wife" in the search bar.  There are a few rulings there that may or may not help you.

May Allah give you courage and patience to deal with this trial.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
iman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 11:24am
salams ummziba, thanx for your msg. right now we are living in yemen, thats why my husband wants to do it more, cose here its a normal thing. but im from alabania i can exepted so easy as arabs, in albania no1 does poligamy. anyway the web u gave me its not opening. iman
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 11:46am

Es_Selam'un Aleykumve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister,

Sister,i can understand your feelings,i have some high quality books about the issue,please take a look at them,wish you the best...islam's right will not be someone's(muslim's) unhappiness...something should be wrong inside of us,we should work on the Qur'an about the issue with all it's sides...

Dr.Badawi :http://www.al-islamforall.org/litre/englitre/Polygainis.htm 

Purdah/Veil,Status of women in Islam:http://www.al-islamforall.org/Wmnfam/islr.asp

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 11:51am
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://www.polyganyfirstwife.com/

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Subhan'Allah;half and hour ago i have read sister's message and thought about finding the name of this site which you have conducted us at the old forum and i did not remember,i was thinking on asking you the name of it then you came...so much Jazak Allah Khair brother Abuyaisha...

Sister,please work on this site which is differently taking the issue than the others and trying to repairing the senses,giving the morals...don't miss that site...

Edited by Suleyman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic