IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

obligation for Muslims to condemn the extremists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

and yet it is only muslims that we see running to join this murderous bunch....

have we seen Christians, atheists, Buddhists, or anyone else behave in this manner?

What a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Have you been paying attention to the violence in the Central African Republic?  Myanmar?  Sri Lanka?

Hi islamispeace,

Do we see Christians, atheists, or Buddhists, running to join in those conflicts?

asalaam,
Caringheart

I repeat...what a shocking level of ignorance! Shocked

Christians in the CAR were "running to join" the mobs that were slaughtering Muslims.  There were even reports of ritualistic cannibalism!

In Myanmar, Buddhists have been "running to join" the extremists who are currently launching a campaign of genocide against the Muslim Rohingya. 

Oh, have you ever heard of a guy named Anders Brevik?     
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:10am

Christians in the CAR were "running to join" the mobs that were slaughtering Muslims.  There were even reports of ritualistic cannibalism!

In Myanmar, Buddhists have been "running to join" the extremists who are currently launching a campaign of genocide against the Muslim Rohingya. 

Greetings islamispeace,

Christians 'in CAR', yes... but are there any from outside running to join these murderous barbarians and evil-doers?
On the contrary, most Christians in the rest of the world are horrified at what is happening there.

I admit that I am not up on the conflicts in Myanmar, and I have not heard of Anders Brevik, and if I find time today i will look up his name.
To involve myself in understanding all of what is happening in Myanmar is beyond my scope at the present time.  I would ask the same thing though... are there those from other countries running to join the local conflicts and battles?  ... and if so, are they muslims, or Buddhists?

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 25 August 2014 at 11:13am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:25am

Greetings islamispeace,

Christians 'in CAR', yes... but are there any from outside running to join these murderous barbarians and evil-doers?
On the contrary, most Christians in the rest of the world are horrified at what is happening there.

I admit that I am not up on the conflicts in Myanmar, and I have not heard of Anders Brevik, and if I find time today i will look up his name.
To involve myself in understanding all of what is happening in Myanmar is beyond my scope at the present time.  I would ask the same thing though... are there those from other countries running to join the local conflicts and battles?  ... and if so, are they muslims, or Buddhists?

asalaam,
Caringheart

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there".  So, what's your point?  Oh right, I remember.  Like typical ignorant bigots, you are trying to link Islam and billions of law-abiding Muslims to the acts perpetrated by a minority of extremists.

And what difference does it make that people from "other countries" not are "running to join the local conflicts and battles"?  Does that change the fact that the local people are indeed "running" to join those battles?  Maybe people from other countries are not joining the genocide in the CAR and Myanmar because they simply don't care.  Or maybe, its because they feel that it has nothing to do with them, since it is not their country.  There may be a variety of reasons.

You have never heard of Anders Brevik?  Where have been living the past few years...in a cave?  I will save you the trouble of getting up to date on the facts.  This specimen was the perpetrator of the terrorist bombing and shootings in Norway in 2011.  For him, it was his duty to stem the tide of immigrants and Muslims into Europe.  He was fighting for the "survival" of European civilization.  To that end, he was willing to slaughter dozens of kids, most of whom were from multi-ethnic backgrounds.         

Edited by islamispeace - 25 August 2014 at 11:31am
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 11:50am

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there". 

Thumbs%20Up

You have never heard of Anders Brevik?  Where have been living the past few years...in a cave?  I will save you the trouble of getting up to date on the facts.  This specimen was the perpetrator of the terrorist bombing and shootings in Norway in 2011.  For him, it was his duty to stem the tide of immigrants and Muslims into Europe.  He was fighting for the "survival" of European civilization.  To that end, he was willing to slaughter dozens of kids, most of whom were from multi-ethnic backgrounds.         

Thank you for saving me time... Yes, I am familiar with the incident... did not memorize the perpetrators name.
Another horrifying incident, and I don't know of anyone who supported what he did... no... more like considered him to be mentally unbalanced, as are all people who take innocent lives.  Call it controlled by a demon, or answering the call of the devil, if you will.  Certainly they are not answering a call of God when people do such things.

asalaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 12:48pm

Most Muslims are also "horrified at what is happening there". 

Thumbs%20Up

Thank you for saving me time... Yes, I am familiar with the incident... did not memorize the perpetrators name.
Another horrifying incident, and I don't know of anyone who supported what he did... no... more like considered him to be mentally unbalanced, as are all people who take innocent lives.  Call it controlled by a demon, or answering the call of the devil, if you will.  Certainly they are not answering a call of God when people do such things.

asalaam,
Caringheart

There were plenty of people "who supported what he did", whether openly or by merely suggesting that he was justified.  I remember reading an article on LoonWatch which noted that the racist Pamela Geller (who became famous for her opposition to the so-called Ground Zero mosque), had a picture on her website of the kids who were at the camp where Brevik went on his rampage, and she seemed to be obsessed with the multiple ethnicities.  She later removed the picture, probably realizing that it made her look like a racist as well as a supporter of mass murder. 

Edited by islamispeace - 25 August 2014 at 12:53pm

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:04am
'Can we not tell the truth about this?  � far from being horrified by barbarism � thousands upon thousands of Muslim men are flocking to the Islamic State�s black banner, including more Muslim Britons than volunteer for Her Majesty�s own armed forces?

We are dealing with a group that believes that beheading videos will increase its appeal, primarily among young Muslim men... and they are apparently correct about this.   Let that sink in for a moment. Atrocities increase their appeal.'

True evil

Edited by Caringheart - 28 August 2014 at 9:05am
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:22am

'Can we not tell the truth about this?  � far from being horrified by barbarism � thousands upon thousands of Muslim men are flocking to the Islamic State�s black banner, including more Muslim Britons than volunteer for Her Majesty�s own armed forces?

We are dealing with a group that believes that beheading videos will increase its appeal, primarily among young Muslim men... and they are apparently correct about this.   Let that sink in for a moment. Atrocities increase their appeal.'

True evil

There goes "Caringheart" again, up to her old tricks.  First, you again copied a quote from some unknown source.  Of course, it is easy to figure out where you got this ridiculous information.  Does the name David French mean anything to you? 

Second, it should be noticed that Mr. French did not provide any official study or other evidence to back up his statement.  Apparently, we are just supposed to take him at his word.  How convenient! 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:53am
I had no idea who David French is, but I looked him up and found this:

David is a Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice. A graduate of Harvard Law School, he is a former Senior Counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund, and a past president of the Foundation of Individual Rights in Education. He has taught at Cornell Law School and served as a commercial litigation partner in the firm of Greenebaum, Doll & McDonald. His legal practice is concentrated on constitutional law and the international law of armed conflict, and he is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. David is the author of multiple books, including Home and Away: A Story of Family in a Time of War and A Season for Justice: Defending the Rights of the Christian Home, Church, and School. David is a regular contributor to National Review Online, a columnist for Patheos, and he has written numerous op-eds and articles, including pieces in the Washington Post, Washington Times, Human Events, Townhall, New York Post, New York Daily News, Boston Herald, and Philadelphia Daily News. Regularly interviewed by both print and broadcast media, David has appeared on ABC World News Tonight, The O�Reilly Factor, CNN Newsroom, The Fox Report with Shepard Smith, and Special Report with Brit Hume, among others. A regular guest on talk radio programs, David has been interviewed on National Public Radio and by numerous hosts, including Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, Dennis Prager, James Dobson, and Michael Reagan. David has guest-hosted a number of radio programs, including the Hugh Hewitt Show. David is the 2012 recipient of the American Conservative Union�s Ronald Reagan Award. David is also a Captain in the United States Army Reserve, joining the USAR in April, 2006. He currently serves as Brigade Judge Advocate for the 1st Brigade, 104th Division. From October 2007 to September 2008 CPT French served as Squadron Judge Advocate for the 2d Squadron, 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment in Diyala Province, Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.

and this;

When I came home from Iraq in 2008, friends frequently asked me what I learned �most� from the experience. That�s a tough question to answer, and it depends greatly on context. I learned many things about my faith, my family, and my country, but if the question relates to the war itself, I�d tend to say something like this: �I learned the enemy is more evil than you can imagine, and I learned that a deployment is more difficult than you can imagine.� But while the deployment was the hardest thing I�ve ever done, the chance to play a very small part (surrounded by a band of brothers) to fight this extraordinary evil made it the most meaningful year of my life.

Since I�ve returned � and it�s been almost six years � I haven�t stopped talking about the nature of the jihadist enemy. I share the stories as much as I can (when the context is appropriate), yet I continue to be discouraged by how few Americans � and especially how few of my friends on the left � truly understand (or even try to understand) what the world faces. So they react in outrage when Israel strikes at Hamas, use the collapse in Iraq to once again score political points against President Bush, and use words like �irresponsible� to describe actions like launching rockets at civilians while hiding behind civilian human shields.

and this;

A Kentucky native, David is a 1994 graduate (cum laude) of Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts and a 1991 graduate (summa cum laude, valedictorian) of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee.

David French is a lawyer, writer, soldier, and veteran of the Iraq war. He is Senior Counsel at the American Center for Law and Justice.

and here's a very good article of his;

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/How-Pervasive-Is-the-Threat-of-Political-Islam-David-French-06-06-2011

don't knock it before you've read it.  It is a very balanced article.

and the American Center for Law and Justice are fighting for good causes... they were largely responsible for the freeing of Miriam Ibrihim, which is how I happen to know of them.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 August 2014 at 10:01am
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic